ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the expression pedal on the HD500 not going all the way to 0%? On all my wah and volume readouts the lowest it goes is 3% cocked all the way back.

Maybe you need to calibrate it. Not sure how that is done, but google it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with clipping? I get loads of digital clipping with my POD HD500. The inputs are set to the recommended guitar/variax setting, and there's no discernible input clipping (empty patch with instrument playing through it), so it must be coming from somewhere in my various patches (clean and distorted with various amps and effects). I've copied ChimpSpanner's video on tone building but I still get clipping. It's an absolute nightmare to dial out and I'm wondering if you guys have some specific method to deal with it.

Quoting because this got buried on the previous page of the thread.

Anyone?

Rizzo

Reaction score
Did anyone manage to get a "liquid", 80s like lead tone like those obtainable with the X3?
Every lead tone demo i found was ice picky or too dry.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
MeAmBobbo PodHD Guide - Troubleshooting

Just forget about what he says about the pad switch. Turn it on.

I've been following that but it's not really helping. The most helpful thing in that is his advice on turning up the Bias-X control. For whatever reason, that seems to reduce the clipping.

Incidentally, I do find the pad switch to be more of a suck switch, but I tend to have it on. It doesn't make a difference either way.

Rizzo

Reaction score
I casually re-stumbled upon Misha's "recording tips" video. I noticed he uses an Axe2 AND a Focusrite Scarlett.
So with the HD500, would i need an additional interface as the Scarlett or is it good to go straight through usb connection for pc recording?

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
I casually re-stumbled upon Misha's "recording tips" video. I noticed he uses an Axe2 AND a Focusrite Scarlett.
So with the HD500, would i need an additional interface as the Scarlett or is it good to go straight through usb connection for pc recording?

You don't need another interface, the HD500 works fine. I do use mine with a seperate interface, but that's because I'm also constantly tracking vocals and acoustic drums. It's just easier for me.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
While I'm in here, I started tracking some new demos for an EP that I plan to finish this summer.
Enjoy! or not. I don't care.
All guitars and bass are so far, and will be, HD500.
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/new-chorus-clip-sass4dayz[/SC]

Rizzo

Reaction score
You don't need another interface, the HD500 works fine. I do use mine with a seperate interface, but that's because I'm also constantly tracking vocals and acoustic drums. It's just easier for me.
Thanks! BTW, is the Pod by itself any good to track vocals?

Rizzo

Reaction score
In your opinion is it better to go through a solid state amp with 4CM or directly through a FRFR monitor? (considering only these 2 options)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Depends if you want a more portable rig (FRFR) or something that will arguably sound better, but be more to carry around (4CM).

Rizzo

Reaction score
Depends if you want a more portable rig (FRFR) or something that will arguably sound better, but be more to carry around (4CM).
Actually i'd want something really portable and still decent sounding :lol:

EDIT: In your opinion would a Marhsall Valvestate 8080 preamp + Harley Benton V30 be a decent sounding \ enough powerful rig, against a 400w FRFR cab? I would spend the exact same money

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/mf_kitten/numbskull[/SC] just having some fun doing stupid extreme things :p

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Does anyone have a case for the HD500? I'm looking for one that can hold the HD, an expression pedal, and an ISP Stealth power amp.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Another post-gig "Pod HD through different cabs" report...

Played a show opening up at a popular local bar last night, so i decided to just bring one cab, my Mesa Theile 1x12. I usually at least bring the Randall Diavlo V30 1x12 along with it, but left it behind last night, so just the Theile with the black shadow speaker.

Results were less than spectacular. Had plenty of volume, no issues there, but i had much less definition than with the Randall in the mix. My tone was more distorted than usual. I think part of it is i just really dig V30's and missed having one last night, but either way, my tone was lacking definition big time last night. Next time if i bring just one 1x12 cab, it'll be the Diavlo 1x12. Still, the Theile AND the Randall is a beastly combo. Will stick with that as main setup.

Sorry if this seems a bit off topic, but i'm strictly a pod user these days for gigs at least, and i've been trying to find perfect cabs for the Pod without breaking my back setting up. So far, the Mesa recto 2x12 and Randall Diavlo V30 1x12 have come out on top from the 6 or 7 cabs i've tried

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Keeping the Randall Diavlo cab in mind now that you're bringing this up. Was considering the Mesa Thiele or the G-Flex, but the Randall being only $300 is enticing.

')