This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/colorthevoid/strange-spells[/SC]

My first Debut single/project. Tracked with a POD HD 500 recorded into an Mbox via S/PDIF, with no cab setting and I'm using an Orange 4x12 cab IR by redwirez with a royer and SM57 off axis placement.

This is not really Metal, more progressive hard rock. So don't expect anything crushing or djenty. The ending is as heavy as it gets.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Question: is there a way to import Pod HDX patches into the latest version of Podfarm?

no, its totally different modeling tech.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/another-new-chorus-clip-auburn[/SC]
For what it's worth, I tried some other styles with the HD500! It nails rock. Like. Nails it hard. I'm in love with these tones.
Guitar and bass tones are both HD500 in that little clip.

BeforeTheTrial

Reaction score
I use the HD500 Live, and the other guitarist in the band uses an HD Pro, both through Orange 4x12's, and they sound pretty sick, not quite the old 5150's but, pretty good. Much more portable! I will try and record some stuff later and post it.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Anybody have any tips on how to go about programming an HD500X to control a Line 6 M5?

I'm using my pod in the 4 cable method with my 6505+, and I figured that, given the M5 is midi controllable and has a secondary gate, I can use that for my front of amp boost and gate, and switch patches on it, based on the patches I'm using on my POD, therefore freeing up 2 effects blocks on my patches using the 6505.

But I have NO IDEA how the hell midi stuff works, so I have no clue where to start

YJH

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/jo-blin/mutated-words[/SC]

Whole of guitar tracks were recorded via POD HD300 :lol:

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
Heya gang, sorry if this has been asked before, not really too big on going through 362 pages to see whether or not it has. Search function is kinda useless.

I want to record some dry tracks with the Pod, but I'd like to hear the wet tracks too to see if the takes are satisfactory.
How exactly do I go about recording both the dry and wet tracks at the same time? I'm using Windows 7, so I should need asio4all, yeah?

Thanks guys

daedae

Reaction score
Heya gang, sorry if this has been asked before, not really too big on going through 362 pages to see whether or not it has. Search function is kinda useless.

I want to record some dry tracks with the Pod, but I'd like to hear the wet tracks too to see if the takes are satisfactory.
How exactly do I go about recording both the dry and wet tracks at the same time? I'm using Windows 7, so I should need asio4all, yeah?

Thanks guys

If you only have a single amp, you can put everything on one side and pan the mixer channels hard left and hard right. If you have dual amps, AFAIK there's no way to pass through a dry signal.

Reaction score

Thanks guys

You can either divide the paths; one with the chain and the other completely disabled (Amp included), hard panned left and right and you can record them in two separate mono tracks in your DAW. Another option would be to record over S/PDIF (if you have an interface that allows that), and in Global Settings there's an option to record the dry signal (opposite to "match outputs", can't remember the name now) and monitor through the 1/4 outputs.

The POD has native ASIO drivers so never involve ASIO4ALL drivers at all. Those drivers are just an aid to use DAWs with cheap generic soundcards.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
love it!, great chops too, which amp model and cab were you using?

Thank you man!

I use a Fireball/Brit J-45 combo, mostly Fireball though and both cabs were the cab that comes with the Fireball, I forget the name atm... I like using a lesser gain amp with a heavy one because I feel like it kind of takes away the harshness/digitalness and gives it a more genuine tube-like tone.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
nice, never thought about that, probably it was the XXL cab + 409 mic?, that or one of the SM57's, I haven't recorded with the POD cabs in a loooooooong time so I don't remember how they sounded :lol:

edit: saw a bit of your other vids, not the type of stuff I listen but man, you fly on the fvcking fretboard :D

prozak

Pathfinder
Reaction score
Lord Voldemort - great piece of art buddy, the only thing I would personally try is to cut off a little bit of low end, just a tiny bit. But hey, that is just my own taste and maybe my too bassy headphones :)

You're very talented, keep up the good work! (english is not my native language, hope you don't mind some mistakes) Cheerz! :)

EDIT: actually, after I cranked volume all way up, highs and mid highs went through very well, so I changed my opinion (y)

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
nice, never thought about that, probably it was the XXL cab + 409 mic?, that or one of the SM57's, I haven't recorded with the POD cabs in a loooooooong time so I don't remember how they sounded :lol:

edit: saw a bit of your other vids, not the type of stuff I listen but man, you fly on the fvcking fretboard :D

Yeah, I think it was a 57 off axis and one on axis on the lower gain amp, and thank you man! I eat my wheaties.

prozak said:
Lord Voldemort - great piece of art buddy, the only thing I would personally try is to cut off a little bit of low end, just a tiny bit. But hey, that is just my own taste and maybe my too bassy headphones

You're very talented, keep up the good work! (english is not my native language, hope you don't mind some mistakes) Cheerz!

EDIT: actually, after I cranked volume all way up, highs and mid highs went through very well, so I changed my opinion (y)

Thank you man. It's funny, before this final mix it sounded way too bassy on a pair of headphones I have, but wayy too fizzy in another, cheaper pair. In the end I just met in the middle and went with my monitors, in which it sounds pretty even I think. And your English is great, thanks for the kind words!

')