Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm really finally finished with Line 6 gear forever. A couple years ago when they first came out I special ordered a Pod X3 Pro against the advice of my best friend who only plays Bogner's and Les Paul Customs. He said it was garbage and he would disown me. lol... Brand new out of the package the unit was defective with an intermittent right channel and these weird static/fizzy buzzing noise in the left channel. Took it back for a refund. Swore I would never buy another piece of Line 6 gear and he laughed at me and rubbed it in.

Fast forward to last month. I'd been demoing the HD500X in the store and on a whim I special ordered the POD HD PRO X a couple weeks ago. It arrived and I plugged it all in and downloaded the editing software and started playing around making patches etc. Everything is going fine and then all the sudden the unit just spazzes out and makes this wicked horrible noise that gets louder and louder so I rip the headphones off and click another patch and it stops. Seemed to work fine for awhile and then again it starts making weird noises when I switch patches and then static fizz noises not unlike the X3 Pro.

By now I'm becoming disgusted but I keep tweaking the patches and so I decide to see how well it does recording and what the latency is like. So I fire up Acid Pro 7.0 on my computer which is only a year old i7 and yeah... nothing. Acid won't load and the computer is frozen up. Interesting because my computer was working fine the morning before and I was working with Omnisphere inside Acid and now this. I hard restart and try again. Same thing. Delete all the Line 6 software etc. and Acid then reload Acid. Again the same. Frozen. So I delete everything again and go back a month with system restore. Load Acid again. Great, now the computer doesn't freeze but Acid still won't load.

This is where I'm at now. All my projects are in Acid and I can't even load the program and everything was fine the morning before the Line 6 software. I've got everything backed up of course but now my only solution is to buy an OEM Windows 7 disc and reload the O.S. because I never made any backup sys disc.

I'm not saying anything like this will happen to any of you guys but I'm just saying maybe don't be a lazy cheap sloth like myself and buy a Kemper or Axe instead of this Line 6 garbage. I'm so done with them.

It just sounds like you bought a couple of duds, dude. I have a friend who's Axe FX Ultra literally completely broke, just abruptly explanationlessly stopped making any sound. He called them up, and I guess this is fairly common. They made him pay all the shipping and for the cost of repairs, which I believe racked up to about $3-400 (ironically about the price of a used HD500, maybe even a PRO). Fair enough, the 2 year warranty was well expired.

However, if he had the same issue with Line 6, they'd likely just send him a new unit.

I understand your frustration, but just because you've had bad luck with two units doesn't mean that you should buy a whole different product and assume that they're better constructed. I've rarely heard of technical issues from any Line 6 product.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I use my POD HD PRO direct through the PA via an XLR cable. It's really easy and convenient, sound guys love me. :yesway:

I also have a power amp setup though, and I'd wager you might need a slighter louder unit to power a cab and sound decent. I use the ART SLA2, sounds decent enough. Going direct sounds much, much better though.

So you dont need a power amp to go direct to the PA with it? I guess you wouldnt would you, because the speakers etc are powered?

Yeah, if I want to run it through a cab the MB200 might be a little small. To use the POD to it's full potential it might be anyway

Awesome!!

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
So you dont need a power amp to go direct to the PA with it? I guess you wouldnt would you, because the speakers etc are powered?

Yeah, if I want to run it through a cab the MB200 might be a little small. To use the POD to it's full potential it might be anyway

Awesome!!

Yeah, no power amp for FOH direct input. Some sound guys like you to go through a DI box, which is another method of going direct, but it's not necessary; you literally just plug an XLR cable into the output like you would for an interface, and the PA works just like monitors do through the sound guy's board. It sounds great, just like the tones you come up with through monitors do.

Running it though a cab doesn't sound quite as good, in my opinion, but it's good to have for backup in case you have an inexperienced soundguy. Hope that helps!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Man, the little MB200 is unreal.
Just from the pedal to the normal instrument input on MB200 & from the back of the head it's an Speakon lead to 4 ohm jack on whatever cab you are using for 200w of goodness.

I was just curious, because I would think the MB's preamp would color the sound a good bit. If it sounds good, then shit, I'll consider it.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Yeah, no power amp for FOH direct input. Some sound guys like you to go through a DI box, which is another method of going direct, but it's not necessary; you literally just plug an XLR cable into the output like you would for an interface, and the PA works just like monitors do through the sound guy's board. It sounds great, just like the tones you come up with through monitors do.

Running it though a cab doesn't sound quite as good, in my opinion, but it's good to have for backup in case you have an inexperienced soundguy. Hope that helps!

It really does help, you've sold me

I was just curious, because I would think the MB's preamp would color the sound a good bit. If it sounds good, then shit, I'll consider it.

Plus it's weighs next to nothing, so it's super convenient if you travel/tour etc etc

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Thats why I was considering it. Heck, it's about the same size as the ISP Stealth. Can probably fit it on a pedalboard or stick it in a gig bag.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I've got it in a pedal board case, you know where it all lifts out etc etc
Fits the HD300, the little Gallien Krueger, all my leads & whatever else.

Like this more or less but a touch longer
mainpc55.jpg

lewis

Reaction score
For anyone interested, I have my Pod controller sitting perfectly inside a Behringer PB600.

It required some minor cutting inside to get it to fit and some hot glue gun action but its perfect now and took maybe 30 mins and even has room at one side of it for 1 more pedal. I dont have any actual pics, but this is a mock up of exactly how mine is. The Lid shuts perfectly on it and its very neat!

Untitled-1.jpg

Reaction score
My HD500 works fine and all and I know the 2 differences between HD500 and HD500X. I hardly use dual-amps but I was interested in knowing if footpedals on HD500X endure better. It's my belief that the changes are only aesthetic; just more light, different footswitch but the small footswitch in the board is probably the same one.

Does anyone know if footswitches are actually better?

loreweaver

Reaction score
ehy guys...... finally on the line6 board someone from line6 is writing..... on a couple of threads regarding CUSTOM IR!

please all of you that wants the ability of load irs inside the pod... comes on the board and write on those thread! because line6 arguments that no people is really interested in IR (at least in the opinion of l6 engineers)........

thank you to all

guitarfishbay

Reaction score
ehy guys...... finally on the line6 board someone from line6 is writing..... on a couple of threads regarding CUSTOM IR!

please all of you that wants the ability of load irs inside the pod... comes on the board and write on those thread! because line6 arguments that no people is really interested in IR (at least in the opinion of l6 engineers)........

thank you to all

For any one interested, this is the thread, the L6 guy starts posting at post #44. Any Plans For Custom Ir Functionality? - Page 2 - POD HD - Line 6 Community

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
If the IR thing doesn't become reality then we should demand more amps at least.

Latest posts

')