This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
lol yeah i forgot to turn it down once I was done with the recording

I do that so much! "MAN THIS SOUNDS GREAT LET ME PUT IT WITH EVERYTHING!!!!" I go to listen to the song in my car, and I realize I forgot to actually level everything. I get so sad when I do that!

that short guy

Reaction score
I do that so much! "MAN THIS SOUNDS GREAT LET ME PUT IT WITH EVERYTHING!!!!" I go to listen to the song in my car, and I realize I forgot to actually level everything. I get so sad when I do that!

The struggle is real my friend, you are far from alone lol

lewis

Reaction score
This is my setup so far :hbang: Im loving it

GzfI6b.jpg

In order of appearance in pic

- Two Notes Torpedo Cab
- Furman Power Conditioner Plus
- Korg Pitchblack Pro
- POD HD Pro
- A Drawer lol
- Laney 2x12 (atm not being used as Im going direct to the PA)
- Keeley 4 knob Compressor
- FBV shortboard (fit snuggly inside an Behringer PB600 after basic modifying, lid fits perfectly onto it too keeping it in a carry case)

Still to buy

- Matrix 800 Power Amp
(to run into a cab at the same time as PA for better monitoring)

- A rack cooling Fan
-Line 6 G90 Wireless

and then the compressor and the Torpedo CAB will be velcro'd and fit snuggly inside at the back with everything neat and secure.

Will add more pics and updates as I add more to this
my guitar is an modified White Ibanez RG8 in Drop G :hbang:

Attachments

• 10355730_10203839517822249_8616754849210051473_n.jpg
    10355730_10203839517822249_8616754849210051473_n.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 12

HOGANMW

Innovation Threat
Reaction score

HOGANMW

Innovation Threat
Reaction score
logidy.com + Redwirez

I am pretty close to choose my live and studio tone but I need to play with my rig a little bit longer to decide which IR will be better.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
I am very intrigued with that Logidy unit. I have been wanting to get a hardware device that can load cab IRs and this may be the most viable option for me as it is only 200 dollars. I don't need and of the fancy stuff the Torpedo offers. The Laney already has a load box and any additional eq and stuff can be done via the Pod.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
So does the Epsi allow you to use more than one Redwirez Impulse? And does it allow you to adjust the mic distance? I'm using redwirez and I was hoping that this pedal can handle them well since it is only $200... I'm thinking of getting this or the VFE Focus OD Pedal to pair up with the POD.. I think those two things will significantly improve live and recording patches and also help save on the POD's DSP. Would love to hear what you guys think about those two pedals with the POD HD

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
So does the Epsi allow you to use more than one Redwirez Impulse? And does it allow you to adjust the mic distance? I'm using redwirez and I was hoping that this pedal can handle them well since it is only $200... I'm thinking of getting this or the VFE Focus OD Pedal to pair up with the POD.. I think those two things will significantly improve live and recording patches and also help save on the POD's DSP. Would love to hear what you guys think about those two pedals with the POD HD

You can load a few IR's though only one at a time, and iirc you cannot adjust anything such as mic placement.

Reaction score
You can load a few IR's though only one at a time, and iirc you cannot adjust anything such as mic placement.
But if you're loading a series of IRs (like you load on Mesa IR with the mic directly at the cone 0.5" away, then a Mesa IR with the mic directly at the cone 1.0" away, then a Mesa IR with the mic directly at the cone 1.5" away...etc...etc) That'll be just like changing mic placement in the Two Notes emulation.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
man it's such a great price. I really want to get one of those now. The Pod sounds so much better with IRs. It would be so badass if Line6 decided to make an IR loader in the Pod HD.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
man it's such a great price. I really want to get one of those now. The Pod sounds so much better with IRs. It would be so badass if Line6 decided to make an IR loader in the Pod HD.

If line 6 would seriously read these posts and actually make their stuff load IR's I am pretty sure they'd be crushing the market as their hardware is not only affordable, but with IR's would sound absolutely amazing.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
every time someone brings it up in the line6 forums they act like no one cares about it. Then they just say some bs how about what to go with for samples like it's some impossible solution. I'd be happy with 256.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm betting Line 6 knows how much people want it, but just don't care.

Honestly, when's the last time the HD got a major update? It's like they don't really care about the HD anymore.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I'm betting Line 6 knows how much people want it, but just don't care.

Honestly, when's the last time the HD got a major update? It's like they don't really care about the HD anymore.

When was the last time anything line 6 got a real update? Amplifi doesn't even count.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well the HD series IS their flagship model. I'd expect at least a handful of updates per year or maybe an amp pack. To my knowledge, the HD is almost 4 years old and has only had one update that added new amp models.

HOGANMW

Innovation Threat
Reaction score
So does the Epsi allow you to use more than one Redwirez Impulse? And does it allow you to adjust the mic distance?
You can keep on SD card 1000 impulses and use only one at a time of course.
I can not adjust a mic distance but do I really need this ? :)
IRs give you that anyway.

You can adjust LO,MID,HI,
LOW CUT, HI CUT

Have to change IR's name... ...I mean add numbers on the beginning of every file from 000 to 999 and that's pain in the ass :)

For example :
000 ENGLProV30s-PR30-Cap-4in
001 ENGLProV30s-PR30-Cap-5in
002 ENGLProV30s-PR30-Cap-6in
003 KrankLegends-PR30-Cap-4in
004 KrankLegends-PR30-Cap-5in
055 MesaRectifierV30s-i5-CapEdge-0.5in
056 MesaRectifierV30s-i5-CapEdge-0in

etc.

Guys read this - http://www.logidy.com/files/EPSi_Manual.pdf

Just one more thing...

... the clipping level on the EPSi is lower than it is on the POD (+2dBu versus probably around +12dBu), which why you have to roll the volume down a bit before entering the EPSi. That's just how it is. It allowed them to keep cost down.

Most devices you are going to connect to the EPSi as a cab simulator have level controls that can accommodate this slight weakness in the design.

In live situations you need to increase your (power amp/active speaker) volume level a little bit.

You have to normalize recorded tracks just to get decent volume level.

Logidy Epsi has less latency than Torpedo C.A.B. and cost me 130 pounds. Torpedo C.A.B. cost 400 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course Torpedo C.A.B. is more advanced unit but I do not need that.

In my opinion Logidy Epsi is a pure awesomenesssss. Cheap, little toy which give me possibility to create my POD's tone more Axe, Kemper like.

')