lewis

Reaction score
Finish that track, señor. Sounds great—completely up my alley.

thanks dude, these were riffs and overlays i came up with on the spot just for the purpose of this tone demo haha. I will try and remember what i did and make this into a track. Its very similar to alot of stuff i write so i will start making more recordings up of actual tracks ive written :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TaP

Genin
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanna throw out something quick.
Noob. (I'm a lefty who's only managed to play like 8 guitars total in 3 years, and only played through like 2 amps, then got a processor)

Trying to fully utilize my PODHD500x... Got an EC1000 and a Banshee-8. I have a dope tone on my EC1000 IMO, I like it. I'm ALWAYS trying to change something here and there to further understand how amps work with each other and how to shape a good sound based off the amp and guitar.

My 8 however, Idk I sorta like the tones I'm getting, but I'm clueless. It's my first ERG and I have to account for two added low strings. Do I turn the "bass" up on the model of the amp? Or raise like a 80HZ range in a Graphic EQ? What would YOU do? Right now I have TWO amps "Bomber Uber" and "Angel F-Ball"
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/3482/qjXNGm.png
^^^^ POD HD Edit picture

I once read, I think... that using one high gain amp, against a low gain amp is good. I've seen amps panned slightly or 100% each side, I've seen all kinds of stuff. Again I've tried things out, but some guidance would make things much easier...
Anybody got a link or two? I just wanna understand.

(For the 8, I'm going for a few tones... that one in the picture I was seeking Ever Forthright type). I play metal, jazz, random classical, and randommmm stuff I hear in OST's or in the background of a video lol.

lewis

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanna throw out something quick.
Noob. (I'm a lefty who's only managed to play like 8 guitars total in 3 years, and only played through like 2 amps, then got a processor)

Trying to fully utilize my PODHD500x... Got en EC1000 and a Banshee-8. I have a dope tone on my EC1000 IMO, I like it. I'm ALWAYS trying to change something here and there to further understand how amps work with each other and how to shape a good sound based off the amp and guitar.

My 8 however, Idk I sorta like the tones I'm getting, but I'm clueless. It's my first ERG and I have to account for two added low strings. Do I turn the "bass" up on the model of the amp? Or raise like a 80HZ range in a Graphic EQ? What would YOU do? Right now I have TWO amps "Bomber Uber" and "Angel F-Ball"
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/3482/qjXNGm.png
^^^^ POD HD Edit picture

I once read, I think... that using one high gain amp, against a low gain amp is good. I've seen amps panned slightly or 100% each side, I've seen all kinds of stuff. Again I've tried things out, but some guidance would make things much easier...
Anybody got a link or two? I just wanna understand.

(For the 8, I'm going for a few tones... that one in the picture I was seeking Ever Forthright type). I play metal, jazz, random classical, and randommmm stuff I hear in OST's or in the background of a video lol.

Oooh interesting, I second this for required info.

Sidenote however dude if you havent yet, check out this excellent guide by the user here MeAmBobbo - MeAmBobbo PodHD Guide - FAQ

This may help you

prozak

Pathfinder
Reaction score
To be fair most of us are starting to have a
here's the clip I did you tell me if you can hear a difference
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/i_get_bored/bkp-holy-diver-8-v-emg-5766-8h[/SC]
[/URL]

I can't hear any difference TBH, maybe I just need some better headphones, but I don't think that's the case.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
There's a very subtle difference that I could only really notice on the final chuggachugga part. The BKP's seem to be a bit more scooped and fizzy while the EMGs have a good bit more midrange, which makes me prefer them.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
I noticed the difference pretty much immediately. Though it's pretty subtle. I think the EMG set sounds a bit cleaner, I guess is the word. Like JazzHands said, they BKP's sounded fizzier so the EMGs came across much smoother sounding.

that short guy

Reaction score
I can't hear any difference TBH, maybe I just need some better headphones, but I don't think that's the case.

There's a very subtle difference that I could only really notice on the final chuggachugga part. The BKP's seem to be a bit more scooped and fizzy while the EMGs have a good bit more midrange, which makes me prefer them.

I noticed the difference pretty much immediately. Though it's pretty subtle. I think the EMG set sounds a bit cleaner, I guess is the word. Like JazzHands said, they BKP's sounded fizzier so the EMGs came across much smoother sounding.

And this is why I asked y'all lol. 1 couldn't notice a difference, 1 barely could and 1 caught it right away.... I don't think it's the POD my friend was having issues with lol

thanks guys.

and just for the record, the EMG's kill the BKP HD set in my opinion

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Fellas i picked up a Hafler T3 tube preamp to try in the POd HD Pro's FX loop. It actually kicks ass! I've tried this before with the MP-1 and it was not good, but this sounds very much like a standard tube amp, even with the D/A conversions of the Pod. I still have to try it in a band setting, but it sounds great so far. For my Rhythm and lead patches, i plug in the FX loop instead of a model to use the preamp, and for cleans and other stuff i'm still using models. All switchable via patches same as before. Its quiet, does high gain nicely, and very smooth and rich. :hbang:

Will post a NAD when i get some good pics. Want to post some pics of my rack now, I had to get creative to fit another unit in it, since it was already full!

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Ive wanted to get an Axe for about a year now, so I can ditch my ever growing, heavy, tap dancing rig I've been using for the past ten years. But with two kids and my current band in troubled waters, I just can't justify getting the processor, pedal, and whatever FRFR speaker cab I might need. So I'm settling (no offense to the PODboys) for the Hd500x. Ive read and read and read through threads, the meambobbo guides, tons of reviews and watched videos on the tube. I know it's gonna take a lot of experimentation but I'm patient.

So you can expect some activity from me in this thread in the near future.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Huh.. the track disappeared..

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/alice_akw/pod-hd-mid-gain-demo[/sc]

Will post a patch later.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Could anyone who's had the opportunity to get 2.6 post a clip of the new 5150 amp? I'm really curious about that one, and me being totally broke means that $50 is a relatively big expense for me.

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
')