This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
So wait, where do we go to download firmware V2.6?

I just fired up Line 6 Monkey, it updated i self, than it showed the new firmware as available in it's main screen. Plugged in my HD Pro X, Selected 'update' , followed instructions, done.

Well, done so far as I know. I havent had a moment to play it today, really. Also waiting til I get paid to download the bass pack... possibly the metal pack too if I got enough leftover after bills and .....

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Oh, okay, awesome. I never use Line 6 Monkey, so I had no idea. I'm probably gonna get the metal and bass packs tonight, since that 5150 model sounds awesome, and I've been dying to try the Big Bottom, and I actually really like the Insane model, on the spiders at least

EDIT: just bought the metal and bass packs, installing them now. I'm excited!

EDIT #2: HOLY CRAP. The PV Panama model sounds basically just like my 6505+ combo when the EQ is set the same, with a boost in front, and the Panama combined with the SVT is a MONSTROUS bass tone.

I also see why the Big Bottom was so popular. Me likey

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Kinda random, but I was so sick and tired of my internet not loading a number of sites, like all the important .... on here [ie, soundcloud, photobucket, tinypic, etc]. A friend I have a few classes with in the IT field suggested I open the JavaScript console in Chrome, load a site that won't load properly, and Google the error it gives me, which I did.

Apparently, the Automatically assign DNS server settings or whatever in the TCP/IPv4 properties was assigning a DNS server that wasn't working very well. I manually entered a primary and secondary DNS server IPv4 address and validated the settings, and now FINALLY all those ....ing sites load properly. Which, btw, I've been trying to figure out for months.

TL;DR: Couldn't listen to the 5150 test, got annoyed, figured out why soundcloud wasn't loading, fixed it, and think the 5150 model on the HD sounds ....ing sick.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I'll tell you mine, just for shits and giggles - Bass @ 60%, Mids at 40%, Treble at 85%, Presence at 60%, Gain at 40% - boost in front set to taste, go to town. Sounds just like my 6505.

The global EQ is hella useful, too - once I remembered I had that, I immediately cut everything above 5k, and the fizz was gone.

gujukal

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to reamp your guitars with HD500? I've recorded direct into my interface and using amp sims but would like to try with my HD500 for some clean and leads.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 500x with a free case. Now I get to wait a week....

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
Ok so my hd500 dc jack is broken. I tried to replace it the jack but regardless of me soldering a new one it tends to restart because of a loose connection with the pcb board and the dc jack.

I saw the HD Pro's have a type B ac socket which is far more convenient than the DC jack for me right now. Do I need to completely convert (which is not ideal and I would rather just buy the Pro or an Axefx) to AC power or can I just solder it with no problems?

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Oh wait, those new guitar and bass amp models aren't free and included in the update? I thought they would be...that's kind of a bummer. :(

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oh wait, those new guitar and bass amp models aren't free and included in the update? I thought they would be...that's kind of a bummer. :(

What made you think that? It's been posted all over that they'd be $50/$30 per pack. :shrug:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
What made you think that? It's been posted all over that they'd be $50/$30 per pack. :shrug:

He probably hasn't been following this thread that closely and just saw people say "there's an update with new amps and a global EQ like the X3 Live" etc. That's my guess anyways.

')