VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
There wasa guy on the L6 board scheming to wait to buy a pod hd so the new models would come preloaded, apparently saving him the $50. He's going to be waiting awhile i think.....well I suppose the used market in a year or two may provide that sort of deal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
^:scratch: You'd come out ahead just buying one on ebay and paying the $50.

Speaking of which, has anyone found more demos? I really liked that 5150, but want to hear a few more of the amps before throwing down for it. Interested to know if there's any slight differences with the xt models on the hd hardware as well.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Honestly, for me, the metal pack was worth it for the 5150 and Big Bottom models alone. I can see why the Big Bottom was so popular in the past, and the 5150 model is exactly what I wanted out of the POD before, but couldn't get.

Same with the bass pack and the SVT model. It's FANTASTIC. Definitely gave my bass tone the clank and grit I wanted. Haven't tried the GK model yet, but I'm sure it's fantastic too.

prozak

Pathfinder
Reaction score
5150 sounds sick, imagine all dual amp combinations with this new pack + Global eq which is able to cut off some 5k nastiness.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Not that this is going to bring back my patch, but I was wondering if anyone else ever encountered this problem: I hook up my pod to USB, to make a backup of setlist before doing the firmware upgrade and my new go-to recording patch is suddenly overwritten by a patch from a completely different playlist. I'm 100% sure about never even touching the save button and this is the second time this has happened to me.

Something else, is there a manual to be found about the new global EQ settings? It's nice and all, but I some explanation would be nice tbh.

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
Anyone else notice some improvements in their patches after the update? I noticed they sounded a bit better immediately after I did the update. After tweaking the global eq I am really enjoying it. Less fizz and overall a bit more lively.

I was about ready to sell my hd500x but after this update I think I'll hold on to it longer and maybe try the amp packs.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Excuse me if it's already been mentioned I've only been loosely following this, but does anyone have any ideas when it'll be available for the non X models? I've got one of the HD desktop/bean models and would like to get in on the bass pack.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Did the update last night. Was fiddling around with the Global EQ... and it doesnt seem to be working at all?!?!?! I set a nasty mid spike boost and turned it off and on with no audible difference at all...

Reaction score
I own a POD HD500 and I've checked out for the new firmware...there isn't any!

Is this some kind of bad taste joke from Line 6? New firmware and amp packs are only for HD500X?? I remember having read this update was for all POD HD versions...

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
Not that this is going to bring back my patch, but I was wondering if anyone else ever encountered this problem: I hook up my pod to USB, to make a backup of setlist before doing the firmware upgrade and my new go-to recording patch is suddenly overwritten by a patch from a completely different playlist. I'm 100% sure about never even touching the save button and this is the second time this has happened to me.

I've had this problem too and it seems to happen at random times. This isn't new with the update this has been occurring since 2.0

I own a POD HD500 and I've checked out for the new firmware...there isn't any!

Is this some kind of bad taste joke from Line 6? New firmware and amp packs are only for HD500X?? I remember having read this update was for all POD HD versions...

Keep reading...

Reaction score
New firmware and amp packs are only for HD500X?? I remember having read this update was for all POD HD versions...
HD500X and Pro X have a faster processor, and it was easier optimizing for Global EQ. HD500 and HD Pro shouldn't be more than another week or two. HD Bean has a couple extra bugs, and with any luck, it'll be ready at the same time.

Reaction score
Did the update last night. Was fiddling around with the Global EQ... and it doesnt seem to be working at all?!?!?! I set a nasty mid spike boost and turned it off and on with no audible difference at all...
Are you using L6 LINK? The only way to apply Global EQ to L6 LINK outs would be to have six simultaneous channels, which was too much to fit, even after code optimization. Global EQ is only applied to the 1/4", XLR, and PHONES outs (and IIRC, S/PDIF).

Also make sure that when you're on the Global EQ setup page, it's enabled. Press ENTER so the header reads "GLOBAL EQ: ON".

btbamthewell

Reaction score
Been out of the loop. only found out about the update recently, and the price for the packs today.

I'm sorry if it's already been mentioned but $50 seems like quite a lot for the amps, especially seeing as there are only 3 models based on actual amps.

Do we have any idea how process intensive these amps will be on the HD 500? For example would it be possible to run two 5150s?

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Are you using L6 LINK? The only way to apply Global EQ to L6 LINK outs would be to have six simultaneous channels, which was too much to fit, even after code optimization. Global EQ is only applied to the 1/4", XLR, and PHONES outs (and IIRC, S/PDIF).

Also make sure that when you're on the Global EQ setup page, it's enabled. Press ENTER so the header reads "GLOBAL EQ: ON".

Im only using headphones when I tried it. I set some crazy eq values just to hear the difference and kept clicking it off and on with no difference in sound whatsoever.

Reaction score
Im only using headphones when I tried it. I set some crazy eq values just to hear the difference and kept clicking it off and on with no difference in sound whatsoever.
Hmm... Did you perform a system reset (and pedal calibration) after updating? That should be done after every firmware update.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Do we have any idea how process intensive these amps will be on the HD 500? For example would it be possible to run two 5150s?

Indeed, you can! :hbang:

Seems HD Pro X can handle that easily. I just created a rhythm patch using two 5150 models with same cabs, similar settings but different mics, and used two EQ's, Vetta Juice to boost, and a noise gate... sounded great, and with no issues I could find. I imagine the 500X at least would be of equal if not similar capability.... not sure about the rest though.

')