This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbise1993

Reaction score
Does anybody have a good method for re-amping with HD500X and a Scarlett 2i2? I know there's a way to do it with the HD hooked up via USB, but mine crashes my computer when I have it setup that way. I've tried running my dry track out of one of the outputs on the Scarlett and into the guitar input on the HD, then running the HD balanced outs back into the Scarlett, but its not really working. Also tried going through the AUX in on the HD without much success. Can anyone help me out? I've tried googling it but haven't really found anything.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Long enough to see if you were counting the minutes Yoda!

Uh, okay. I'm assuming you're drunk or in a mood or something, but this isn't really all that amusing and I'm not exactly in the mood for whatever point/joke you're trying to make. Care to chill out on what you're doing?

Poltergeist

Reaction score
I'm working on a patch using the Line 6 Purge to get a similar tone to Stephen Carpenter during the ATF and Adrenaline era. It's a start.. Needs a little more eq'ing maybe. Quick play-through of Engine no. 9.
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/kb-productions-1/l6-purge-engine-no-9-tone-test[/SC]

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Sounds pretty rad.

Thanks, Ace. Its ironic how I bought the HD Metal Pack and I end up using the old XT/X3 L6 models to build my tones instead of the new models. I'm also working on a Modern Deftones patch too with the BB. I'll post em if anyone is interested.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Hey, the more tones we can mess with, the better! Post 'em up!

Speaking of new tones - I was messing about with pitch shifters and filters, and came up with this - the Infernal Organ

Came up with it the other night while messing with the pitch glide on my basic rhythm patch - a 5th up and an octave up in parallel, mixed with the original signal, with a string synth, compressor, chorus, and a little reverb. I can see it being very useful to beef up a huge pop-chorus, as an extra layer. I've been having fun messing with it, it sounds a lot like the organ used to control the hockey players in Strange Brew, imo

Pan3optic3on

Reaction score
Uh, okay. I'm assuming you're drunk or in a mood or something, but this isn't really all that amusing and I'm not exactly in the mood for whatever point/joke you're trying to make. Care to chill out on what you're doing?

Was just pulling ya strings fella, wasn't any malice in it.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
I'm working on a patch using the Line 6 Purge to get a similar tone to Stephen Carpenter during the ATF and Adrenaline era. It's a start.. Needs a little more eq'ing maybe. Quick play-through of Engine no. 9.
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/kb-productions-1/l6-purge-engine-no-9-tone-test[/SC]

Nearly spot on, even down to the fizz :lol: Anxious to see your take on the modern Deftones sound though, Steph's tone on Diamond Eyes is all kinds of massive.

Pan3optic3on

Reaction score
Its purely coincidence but I have been working on a Dimebag patch with the 5150 as it's as close to the Randall sound as I can find.

If anyone likes it I'll upload it to Customtone.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/pan3optic3on/5150-dimebag-patch-for-hd500-inside-out-solo-and-harmonics[/SC]

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
My. God. Those harmonics.

I had to take my headphones off. I don't need to lose the high end of my hearing. Not really sure what I'd have to listen to for that to happen, but I didn't feel like taking a chance. I still heard it, btw. The overears were just behind my ears.

')