Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
So I re-recorded one of my older songs using my Pod HD tones on the guitars and even the bass, loving my current setup!

Let me know what you think:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/chiatphil/relapse-chi-remastered[/SC]

PS: 3:40 for the uber chunk. :evil:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what specific pedals/amps/cabs/mics to get a good, bright british crunch tone? Basically your standard big 80s hard rock cranked marshall tone - I've gotten close with the Shiva model, but not quite.

I usually run two Plexi Brt models with and Ubercab and 121 Rbn mic and XXL and 57on axis. Then I use a Q filter with Q at zero and frequency at 55% in front of the amp with the ubercab to get a good midrange response. Then I boost the amp with the XXL with a mid focus EQ, high pass at 8%, Q=0 and gain cranked. I also set the channel volume higher for the XXL cab signal, blend each at 0% middle and turn the master volume to 100% on both amps. High cab resonance on the XXL helps too.
Low bias (25%) on each really clears em up and makes it crunchier/ less mushy.
So basically separate boosts in front of each amps signal path if that makes sense. Give a shot and lemme know what you think :hbang:

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Please share what you're signal chain for bass is. That's thick and chewy. Very Korn esque.

Gladly!

Here's the patch I made https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mtyedknzcdpmvm/ClankyBassChi.hbe?dl=0

I'm sure it's gonna' depend on your bass whether it'll sound similar or not. Mine has an 18v preamp with highs cranked, lows at around 10 o clock and the rest flat.

I also use some post EQ in my DAW, boosting the highs even further and boosting slightly around 80hz and another boost at the high-mid range.

On top of that I copy the basstrack and have a high-passed, distorted and compressed version running at a lower volume. I'm sure you're familiar with this technique.

Oh, and it's a bean file, so you might have to convert it if you're using a different HD unit.

Cheers.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I'm super stoked that the Reason 8.3 update is going to have a native convolution reverb; hello massive collection of cab impulses, goodbye POD cabs.

demorior

Reaction score
just got mine today! really excited to build some patches but my guitar is out of town!
>_<

WKnatwQ.jpg

lewis

Reaction score
Been dialing a new tone on the HD (including a new bass tone), the target was "Heart of a Cowards" tone from their album "Severance". Think I got pretty close and either way its the best sound Ive ever got from an HD, check it out -

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/lewprog9/pod-hd-new-tone[/SC]

Amp model was the Engl. I have some crazy settings that nobody would expect to achieve this too btw haha

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Since my (damn near new) 500x is useless and I need to ship it back before I get a refund, I'm SOL because I have a show on Friday night, right after a rehearsal dinner for a wedding.

My wife's gonna lend me some loot for a replacement tomorrow. Happy early father's day to me!

Reaction score
Since my (damn near new) 500x is useless and I need to ship it back before I get a refund, I'm SOL because I have a show on Friday night, right after a rehearsal dinner for a wedding.

My wife's gonna lend me some loot for a replacement tomorrow. Happy early father's day to me!

Your HD500x was d.o.a? That sucks dude, maybe pick up a pod HD desktop/bean for sub $200;
it still has the same algorithms and sounds in it and would work as a quick cheapo backup (the main difference between the x's and the HD's is more onboard processing & maybe some upgraded components, but the core sounds are the same).

guigan

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the HD Metal pack, without upgrading the firmware to 2.6?

marcwormjim

Reaction score
No - The 2.6 firmware is what allows them to be loaded (the installed packs will be shown on a Global Settings page added by the firmware). Line 6's claim is that the 2.6 firmware makes room for all the new amp packs via "optimizing the existing code."

giwrgos02

Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a new cover with the Pod HD! Check it and tell me what you think! :)

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/giwrgos-andrhs/dead-man-talking[/SC]

P.S: I had to lower the backing track, because Soundcloud kept deleting it.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question.

Somebady knows how to dial this amazing clean tone at 9:00?

I spent several time trying, but I cant! Thanks to everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMYbnQ_U2o&list=PLPyrYw6WBISLbOW078oPeLdoWQiTpuZdZ&index=7

particle verb is the key for the shimmer effect in the background, and the tube compressor to give it volume. As shown in the video, setup two chains, one for the shimmer (I would reccomend to High-pass it around 200hz though, it eats a good chunk of headroom), and one for the clarity in the notes. Personally, for Crystal clear cleans, I use the SLO clean, or just disable the amp block

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I plug in my pod HD bean to update sinc it's 2.1ish. But it only registers a pod XT. Is this normal (I held off on continuing the update)? Or does anyone have any advice? It's brand new untouched. So it's never been updated. I don't feel like taking a morning off to deal w/support.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Your HD500x was d.o.a? That sucks dude, maybe pick up a pod HD desktop/bean for sub $200;
it still has the same algorithms and sounds in it and would work as a quick cheapo backup (the main difference between the x's and the HD's is more onboard processing & maybe some upgraded components, but the core sounds are the same).

Sorry for the super late reply, but no, it wasn't doa. The USB port broke after two months and it wouldn't boot up. I've since replaced it

Latest posts

')