thewolf49

Reaction score
We're in that thread...and that's what I'll have to decide. Save a little extra for the Kemper, or go with something like an Engl E530 into impulses, or an HD. But the clips I've heard of the Kemper are sweet

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thewolf49

Reaction score
Yea, I mean. The kemper has all the effects I would want anyway, and I can't justify the extra 600 for the axe II. I'm sure the kemper will keep getting better with firmware updates as well.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Dude,this is the big thread :lol:

We're in that thread..

I know. It was a gentle nudge that your GAS was causing ADD in the HD thread. I keep checking in expecting more tone clips or info on the new amps.

There's lots of info, and answers, in this thread and many others. There's a "POD HD vs. ________" thread for anything you could think of too. Not being thread-police, quite the opposite: A few quick searches and you'll find many long and thought out answers, comparisons, and explanations by myself and others that might help you make your gear choice.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Just got my POD HD PRO. Spending forever checking out these pre-sets. I noticed Metalguitarist.org has a 'patch library'. Maybe, I missed one here? They got few patches on Vai, Townsend & Bulb. Haven't really checked it out though.

This is going to take some time.

mlancaster1

Reaction score
i just upgraded to the new firmware and noticed the extra stuff you can tweak on the cabs and new guitar amp models but where is the new bass model?
I don't know if its under flip top or ampeg but I don't notice any new bass amp models

JacobShredder

Reaction score
Seems to be getting some awesome tones from the HD. What are the differences between this and the pod x3?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Just got the 500 today. Its pretty badass. The factory presets are pretty terrible though :lol: I feel like I have much tweaking ahead of me. Definitely gotta download Ola's patches.

470016_4523290119427_1206073612_102611238_649634645_o.jpg

meambobbo

Reaction score
Just like to point out I have 2 modified versions of ola's hj patch. Used dual cabs to get more top end in there

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Dude, use the new cab settings to do that. Turn thump down, and decay up. You get a more even and less boomy and extreme low end. Turn resonance up to get a good raunchy sound.

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score
Just got the 500 today. Its pretty badass. The factory presets are pretty terrible though :lol: I feel like I have much tweaking ahead of me. Definitely gotta download Ola's patches.

good headphone choice :yesway:

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Just like to point out I have 2 modified versions of ola's hj patch. Used dual cabs to get more top end in there

Sweet I'll check those out :yesway:

Dude, use the new cab settings to do that. Turn thump down, and decay up. You get a more even and less boomy and extreme low end. Turn resonance up to get a good raunchy sound.

I need to invest some time reading the manual and figure out where those controls even are :lol:

good headphone choice :yesway:

Indeed, I love those things. Got 'em for my audio production class, work great for mixing :hbang:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Sweet I'll check those out :yesway:

I need to invest some time reading the manual and figure out where those controls even are :lol:

Indeed, I love those things. Got 'em for my audio production class, work great for mixing :hbang:

pkug your pod into your computer and use their edit software, dude. MUCH easier.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Ok quick noob question. I can't seem to get my POD to record into Logic. I've gone into the settings and and set the input to be the PodHD500 (like I would if I was recording using an interface) yet when I create a new audio track, the only available input options in the dropdown menu are "no input" and all the buses. What am I doing wrong?

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Ok quick noob question. I can't seem to get my POD to record into Logic. I've gone into the settings and and set the input to be the PodHD500 (like I would if I was recording using an interface) yet when I create a new audio track, the only available input options in the dropdown menu are "no input" and all the buses. What am I doing wrong?

Go to prefrences > general. Click the audio tab and change the device to POD HD500. If it still isn't there, make sure you have the correct drivers installed from L6 Monkey.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
Anyone have settings for 6505 type of sound on a uberschall or anything? Would love some tips!

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Getting an HD300 in a few days. I want a tone like TesseracT's one with a bit more of a midrange growl. how doable is that?

meambobbo

Reaction score
mobius,

here is my advice. put a mid-focus EQ in front the amp. set low freq to 0 and high freq to 100% and gain to 0% to start. that basically makes it tone-neutral.

turn up low freq to clean up the muddy low end and get more clarity. low freq should be around 50-60% and low Q around 20-50%.

the high end i like to set around high freq 85%. boosting Q above 50% to like 70-90% creates a peak at the frequency you set. So once play with both the frequency and Q settings to find where it dials in the thick djenty tone.

for the amp DEP's, I like to set Master, Hum, and Bias up to around 70%, maybe set Bias even higher - this seems to make the amp more aggressive with the djenty upper mids/treble frequencies. I like to lower Sag to around 25% to make the response a bit tighter without having too much impact on tone and Bias X to around 20% to keep the aggressive tone.

for the regular amp controls, crank the Drive. Set the EQ to taste, but I recommend starting with everything around 50%.

The high Bias setting might make the amp a bit midsy. I don't recommend trying to cut this using the Mids control on the amp - it's very wide and will scoop too much tone. Use a parametric EQ after the amp instead.

good luck!

Latest posts

')