This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xenos0176

Reaction score
I've been downloading tones from the site and i've taken many from there that have sounded way too bad as in i got a tone for meshuggah and i plugged it in on my 7 in G# and there was NO bass. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just something weird im doing?

Shabadoo

Reaction score
^Doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of variables still involved in the sound being produced, namely the speakers and PA. Especially if you get it from Line 6 since they probably run them into the DT50 to make the sounds they upload.

How hard is recording on a POD HD via USB?

Only as hard as the program you use makes it. I use reaper (used to use audacity) and it's pretty much just connect then click record, provided you have the drivers installed that is.

Xenos0176

Reaction score
^Doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of variables still involved in the sound being produced, namely the speakers and PA. Especially if you get it from Line 6 since they probably run them into the DT50 to make the sounds they upload.

Only as hard as the program you use makes it. I use reaper (used to use audacity) and it's pretty much just connect then click record, provided you have the drivers installed that is.

You got any ideas of what i should do to solve this problem?

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
the HD Beans are in-stock now as of today... Just sold my HD500 last night and my HD-Bean is on the way (americanmusicsupply ftw!). :wavey:

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
After reading this thread, I want a 500, now. It'll be better for recording than my Toneport, and I'll be able to cut out the preamps and use the FX only mode for live settings.

Also, the looper really sold me on it. Now I just need to work up 500 bucks...

Guitarchitect

Reaction score
I like the 500 - but the looper is a little disappointing. It still needs some tweaking for me to be able to ditch my other pedals all together.

"The looper was one of the things that excited me the most about this unit. It doesn’t have anything near the complexity of something like SooperLooper, but is functional for stacking loops. It does have some eq and recording volume options for loop recording that help with the stacking options. A big part of what I do with looping involves bringing loops in and out of the mix with what I’m playing but since there’s no editable parameter for loop volume (i.e. being able to use an expression pedal to adjust wet/dry volume levels of the loop volume); it’s something that I can’t really use too much right now. Hopefully this will get addressed in a future update (along with allowing the external ¼” expression pedal jack to be routed to a 3rd expression pedal just to control loop levels)."

If you want more info - I've got a post up about using it with an atomic amp here:

Some Thoughts On Modeling, Gear Acquisition And The POD HD500 « Guitarchitecture.org

I punted on the unit, but even with the looper gripe, I'm really happy with how it works with my amp. I think it's a great live unit and a lot of bang for the buck.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got the POD HD Bean, my only complaint so far is the stupid proprietary format BS. None of the old presets I made for my HD500 will load on this. *.hbe format instead of *.h5e. Besides it's exactly what you'd expect. So, I guess I'll be starting fresh... oh well.

Guitarchitect

Reaction score
Hey Cyril,

I don't know if this will work, but someone on the Gear Page forum had the same problem. They just changed the extension name to .hbe and it loaded right up in Edit.

The bean guts should be the same as the HD 500.

Good luck!

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Cyril,

I don't know if this will work, but someone on the Gear Page forum had the same problem. They just changed the extension name to .hbe and it loaded right up in Edit.

The bean guts should be the same as the HD 500.

Good luck!

damn, i deleted them already. fml :wallbash:

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
I finally tuned back down to Drop A# after being at E standard for so long just to give my brain something new/familiar/blah and it made me totally scrap my old high gain patch for this new, ridiculously tight, raw, crushing new high gain patch.

I'm in love with treadplate.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Got the hd300 a couple of days ago.I'm satisfied by the feeling of the amp modeling of this unit.Boy the master . hum etc settings are really useful.

Does anybody know approximately the range of frequencies that are affected in each band in the 4 band shift EQ ?

I'm interested in dipping slightly the region 600-800 Hz should i aim there with the low mid band and using the shift knob accordingly?

flv75

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
thank you for the usefull comments on this thread ,I find your contributes very important in my new experience with the POD HD500 . I have a big doubt about the managment of the general volume of the patches , ,I've noticed that some have a very low volume and it's impossible to use in a live situation : I see that the master volume in the ampli page is at the top (100) , there is a mode to have more volume ?The volume of the ampli model is the volume of the patch or there is a mode to manage it in a different way ?
Thank you !!!

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Hi guys ,
thank you for the usefull comments on this thread ,I find your contributes very important in my new experience with the POD HD500 . I have a big doubt about the managment of the general volume of the patches , ,I've noticed that some have a very low volume and it's impossible to use in a live situation : I see that the master volume in the ampli page is at the top (100) , there is a mode to have more volume ?The volume of the ampli model is the volume of the patch or there is a mode to manage it in a different way ?
Thank you !!!

All of this is for hd300,but i guess there will be similarities:

Channel volume: affects only the volume of the certain patch without affecting the sound , PROVIDED YOU'RE NOT IN "MANUAL MODE" (Mode led should be green not orange,or else all your patches will read the same physical knob placements)

Master volume inside the amp edit,one of the 1.31 firmware additions along with sag,hum,bias and bias x) : cranks the volume and greatly affects the sound of your patch,like a real amp.Realism!Suspense!

Master volume knob on the back of the unit: Affects the volume of all the patches.It's the general volume of your unit.

Also,don't forget to use the switches on the back of the unit."Amp" and "Live" if you want to plug into an amp (or use "dual" , as long as you use the left/mono output for the amp ) . Also change the "LIVE" settings in the main editing menu according to if you're playing through a combo or stack ,in front or using its power amp .

I hope that was helpful

EDIT:in hd500 you can also disengage the cab simulation if you want to plug in the amp ( front or using the four cable method )

Lrrrr

Reaction score
Anybody know if you're able to monitor after the POD (using it with my DAW, temporarily without a proper interface)? I'd like to listen/monitor/record through the headphone out and not have to listen to my preamp sounds before they go through the computer.

Been searching for this topic with no luck, little bit surprised :(.

horacexgrant

Reaction score
Some questions about the HD500:

1) I noticed that for the amp modelers, there are preamp versions of the amps and then there are just the amps. For example, there will be Treadplate Pre and just regular Treadplate. I tested them out and they sound different. What is the difference exactly? I thought those were all preamps.

2) Are there any patches for download that have a very good acoustic guitar sound or a nice ambient, clean guitar sound for clean rhythm playing?

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Some questions about the HD500:

1) I noticed that for the amp modelers, there are preamp versions of the amps and then there are just the amps. For example, there will be Treadplate Pre and just regular Treadplate. I tested them out and they sound different. What is the difference exactly? I thought those were all preamps.

2) Are there any patches for download that have a very good acoustic guitar sound or a nice ambient, clean guitar sound for clean rhythm playing?

-1) The pre-amps are simply the amps main sound characteristics, minus the Power Amp simulation and the Cab Simulation. Very useful if you plan on skipping out on Line 6's cab sims and maybe using your own IR's, or even running the unit through a real power amp into a cab.

-2) Check out the Line 6 website, I haven't tried any but I'm sure there would have to be at least a few jems hidden in there.

horacexgrant

Reaction score
-1) The pre-amps are simply the amps main sound characteristics, minus the Power Amp simulation and the Cab Simulation. Very useful if you plan on skipping out on Line 6's cab sims and maybe using your own IR's, or even running the unit through a real power amp into a cab.

-2) Check out the Line 6 website, I haven't tried any but I'm sure there would have to be at least a few jems hidden in there.

Thanks, but i'm not totally sure if this answers my question. If you look at the amp modelers on the HD500, you can see there are "pre" versions of all the amps. So there will be "Uber" and then there will be "Uber Pre". What is the difference?

Thanks.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, but i'm not totally sure if this answers my question. If you look at the amp modelers on the HD500, you can see there are "pre" versions of all the amps. So there will be "Uber" and then there will be "Uber Pre". What is the difference?

Thanks.

There are two mains parts to an amp that Line 6 models, the power amp and the preamp.

The jist of it is that a preamp is the part of the amp that controls your guitar tone/voicing/shape. The poweramp is part of the amp that amplifies your sound to feed your cabinet.

So, short answer would be:
-"Uber" = Preamp + Power amp
-"Uber Pre" = Preamp

Hope that helps.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
Thank you !!!

Its MUCH easier than on the previous pods, dare I even say "usable" live now..

Theres a separate mixer for each patch, where you can boost L/R up to +20 dbs I think?? Anyways, point is, with that you can make any softer clean patch just as loud as any metal patch. Its quite simple.

It also has a master volume which there wasnt one on the x3L

Latest posts

')