This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Hi,
I made a little clip from my next song, that i think is going to be ready in the end of this week. Hopefully :) Take a listen.

Wonderful chase

All guitars and bass recorded with HD500

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score

Clip I made. Basic tone I made and the pups are stock. No bass but panned left and right tracks and ez drummer.

Tjerd1

Reaction score
I just bought the POD HD300, i don't know nothing about tones.
Anybody can help me? i want to create a djent/deathcore rythm tone ( like born of osiris and veil of maya) a sweet shred lead tone, a jazzy/math rock clean tone and a distortion rock tone like fall of troy, mars volta and dance gavin dance
Give me advice please!
Thank you!

flv75

Reaction score
Hi guys , I'm reading the pages of this thread about pod hd and i find it very interesting ! I see that in many times you talk about the use of pod in a studio recording situation but what's about your l use on stage ? Do you have any trick to have the best result in a live situation ? I use my pod hd500 with a carvin t100 poweramp + a 2x12 cab with v30 : pod hd in stack/power amp ,all advices are welcome !!

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
Meambobbo, i combined two EQ things for my current tone. First the Q filter, and then i think the parametric EQ. The one that has a low and high knob, and a mid knob with a Q and Gain knob. So you have these three bands. I leave low and high alone i think, since the Q filter does that, and then i boost the mid band. Q on it's lowest and widest setting, and then i do a careful boost and adjust the frequency to hit the quacky munchy frequency that gets me that nice attack and chug. Mmm!

I also use parametric eq. I find it best of all. I cut a little bass and highs and boost mids like this: Freq. is around 60%, Q is around 50% or less, and then gain to taste but around 60%. Just want to enhance that metallic twang, or quack like you say.
What is your frequency and gain setting?

jjcor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the power supply is reverse polarity on these? Bought a bbe supacharger and the regular 9v plug will fit but not power it. I found a adapter thats reverse polarity and just want to make sure thats what it is. I have a line6 adapter plug that one spot sells and it didn't do anything.

Neil

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but,

Do firmware updates take anything away or just add add extra stuff?

e.g. is there any reason not to update a pod HD to firmware 2.0

meambobbo

Reaction score
every firmware update there's people saying that it sounds better or worse than before for stuff that wasn't even updated. i've never directly a/b'ed firmwares so i can't say for sure, but i've never noticed any major tonal upgrades or downgrades.

v1.1 has a different Uber model than v1.2, and lots of people liked the v1.1 better, but line 6 brought it back as the Elektrik model in v1.3.

there were significant changes to the Fireball model from v1 to v1.1 (i think), but i haven't heard anyone complain about them.

sometimes upgrading can mess up your patch levels. and line 6 always says that firmware updates can change your patches as a disclaimer. i know they changed the patch file layout a bit to solve a volume spike bug in the last two firmwares, which has left "ghost effects" in some patches. it's best to completely rebuild your patches (unfortunately).

tonally, i don't think there's any reason not to upgrade.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Drop the Sun presents: Wonderful chase

This is my 4th full song, recorded with POD HD500. If you guys like progressive/alternative metal, then take a listen.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
alright guys, here's my patch from that low G tuning clip:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782113/junk dual 7 plex.h5e

Read my instructions below, and remember that in return i expect clips from you guys, or if you can't record it, tell me how it works for you!

you have to tweak things to make it sound right for your pickups of course. the Q filter's Freq and Mix knobs if it's too twangy, the gain knob on the other EQ before the distortion if it's too narrow in the mids, and the tube compressor is just there for it's gain knob, to adjust the input gain, since i always have the "pad" switch on the pod engaged to lower the input signal. Use that knob to adjust your gain, NOT the amp gain knobs!

There aren't cab models assigned to it, that'll be your job. I adjusted it to sound awesome with the impulses i'm using. If you want cab models though, you'll probably need to remove the two vintage preamp models. They are just there as a high pass and low pass filter. You can do that in post. The cab models distort the preamps for some unknown reason, and you won't be able to run two cab models at the same time without clearing some DSP space! so remove the delay that comes later in the chain, and if i put anything else silly in there like a pitch shifter or something, just toss that out too.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Two video clips featuring my HD500

One is promo clip for Matrix Amplification my band created for me

The other is a short snippet of my lead patch I created.

Davey

Reaction score
I have this problem with my POD X3 Live. When it is connected to my computer via USB and I'm listening to sound through it/recording with it, the audio will occasionally cut out for half a second. This is a real pain in the arse when recording because I have to re do the take. Sometimes it will record fine all day. Sometimes it stutters after 1 minute

I don't think it's the audio usb drop out issue I already had it fixed for that and when it did have that problem it would cut out for ages/completely after recording for only 30 seconds max. This is different

I've noticed that when it cuts out for a half second what happens is my computer fan gets louder, it's like my pc is stuttering. So I don't know if it's my pod or pc. Any ideas anyone?

ALSO, anyone know if you can still get the old ones with dodgy footswitches fixed for free? I haven't been able to since I needed the pod too much the last couple of years

Edit: got the wrong thread!

Dayn

Reaction score
Rhythm test 1 by Dane W on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Quick-and-dirty rhythm test with my HD500; just one guitar double-tracked and panned left and right. RG2228 with EMG808Xs. I just restrung it and couldn't get the right sound... then I found an old patch I did up, tweaked it, and yeah. That's the kind of sound I'm looking for, I think. Patch for those interested:

Tight_Distortion.h5e - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

I intend on getting a heavier, lower-tuned test done when I'm not busy.

Edit: I just realised, I don't think that recording is even in tune. :lol:

')