This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Hey for my ENGL lead tone if legato isn't cutting through try turning off the gate, adding a compressor before the amp or boosting mids via a mid focus or parametric eq in front the amp which should get less bite and attack to the tone

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
I know some people are using boosts like graphic EQ or TC integrated preamp before their POD XT Pro's.
Can it also be applied to POD HD or is it not necessary any more?

meambobbo

Reaction score
most of the high-gain models have PLENTY of gain available, so I don't imagine you'd need a boost there. pre-EQ'ing the distortion tone can almost always help draw out some desirable tonal nuances. The Pod HD has EQ's and distortion effects you can place before the amp that can get you there, and they are programmable per patch. Some have claimed the distortion effects aren't good, others have claimed they are incredibly accurate. I can't say, but I do find they work well.

If you have an HD300/400, you may want to consider getting an EQ or distortion pedal to place before the Pod HD, as those models can only use a single EQ or distortion effect, and if you use it as your boost/pre-EQ, you can't use any EQ after your amp.

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
Edited the last post with some more riffs, and I cant solo so i just did some evil sounding stuff at the end haha dont judge my playing i did this in a matter of like 45 min :yesway: this thing is limitless amounts of fun

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
As much as I love djent :ugh:

Any chance someone can do a J-800 clip in the flavour of something 80's?

Motley, Poison, G 'n R, etc...

PodHdBean

Reaction score
sevenstring.org i need some clean patches!!!help ill send u some i got =]
also i saw olly and john browne from monuments using the hd pro anyone know if there using it for the new album?that would be sick!

PodHdBean

Reaction score
pedals in front are a must if you want to use 2 seperate instruments because of dsp usuage
im using a tc electonic g major rack for dual paths works greeeaat=p
most of the high-gain models have PLENTY of gain available, so I don't imagine you'd need a boost there. pre-EQ'ing the distortion tone can almost always help draw out some desirable tonal nuances. The Pod HD has EQ's and distortion effects you can place before the amp that can get you there, and they are programmable per patch. Some have claimed the distortion effects aren't good, others have claimed they are incredibly accurate. I can't say, but I do find they work well.

If you have an HD300/400, you may want to consider getting an EQ or distortion pedal to place before the Pod HD, as those models can only use a single EQ or distortion effect, and if you use it as your boost/pre-EQ, you can't use any EQ after your amp.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
sevenstring.org i need some clean patches!!!help ill send u some i got =]
also i saw olly and john browne from monuments using the hd pro anyone know if there using it for the new album?that would be sick!

The HD Experts in this thread have come to the conclusion that the best thing to do for clean patches is not use an amp and just use EQ and whatever reverb you want to adjust the tone to what you want

But I'm not one of these alleged experts, I'm just reporting

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
^ No amp is a popular option as Pepperoni Nipples pointed out.
I like the blackface normal channel model for cleans. I use it with the hiway cab and sm57.

For spacey stuff I have the dimension effect with everything set to "on" and the mix at 100% into a subtle phaser. Then the cave reverb at the end.

')