This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
I found the 5150 (Mississippi Criminal) and Big Bottom to be near identical amp models, just that the Big Bottom had a huge bass boost. A little EQ should get one from the other, if you know what I mean. With the whole "realism" and "classic amps" approach, I would suspect L6 would provide a 5150 model before another original.

Not sure where the Doom original vs. a Sunn came from though, so who knows...

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the tuner is absolute shit, I might just get rid of this thing all together and buy an AFX standard. :lol:
I use the tuner that comes with my DAW on the dry signal coming from my POD HD Pro to my soundcard. Work's great. I don't know if you do this, but roll off your tone all the way and use your neck pick up while tuning. That gets rid of a lot of the "bouncing around" I find and gives you a much more stable read out.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
The doom model kind of reminds me of a Sunn in that it's a more vintage voicing with relatively little gain. I wish the Pods had a Proco Rat model, that would probably go well with it.

I may do some clips of it later since people are wondering. I've been looking for an excuse to set up a soundcloud anyways.

Shask

Reaction score
The doom model kind of reminds me of a Sunn in that it's a more vintage voicing with relatively little gain. I wish the Pods had a Proco Rat model, that would probably go well with it.

I may do some clips of it later since people are wondering. I've been looking for an excuse to set up a soundcloud anyways.
Classic Distortion is a Rat model...

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
woo! my patches have a shitload of downloads already compared to what i expected :) even my mic tone already has 18 downloads!

Kidneythief

Reaction score
N00b question...I keep reading here about a new update and Soldano models?
I think I'm missing something, according to my Line6 Monkey the Firmware is updated correctly. What is the name of the models? :scratch:

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
N00b question...I keep reading here about a new update and Soldano models?
I think I'm missing something, according to my Line6 Monkey the Firmware is updated correctly. What is the name of the models? :scratch:

Updates are only for the HD300 and 400

I don't own an 300 or 400, but one of the models was called the SOLO-100 in the xt and x3, which is based off the SLO100.
Also has the 100 watt Plexi Super Lead from Marshall, which I think used to be called the Plexi Lead 100.
And two of them are from Line 6, which are called "Line 6 Doom" and "Line 6 Epic"

There is also the bass amp model, called Flip Flop or osmething

So check for those to see if it you did in fact get the models

But again, I don't own the 300 or 400

')