This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matisq

Reaction score
I'm 100% happy that HD300/400 got an update and HD500/PRO no :)
I've been waiting for new FW to long, so at least this time I have more tahn HD500/PRO users :)

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
I think Firmware 2.02 for HD Pro improved A LOT my sound (I installed it just few day ago)! The deep-edit cab parameters are great, I can add an incredible low-end punch and resonance!! The Hard Gate is ... HARD xD So tight!

Ibanez guy

Reaction score
NAMASTE EFFECT: anybody know if its possible to get the effect to play right away instead of have that 3 sec delay up front... I love this effect but i would like to play it in real time. I tried adjusting some of the settings but i dont understand which ones are causing such the delay...

helferlain

D.I.Y. autodidact
Reaction score
Found this little nice video, enjoy the possibilities:

Is anyone else here using the Supro S6616 amp model? I realylike that sound from clean to crunch and distorted...

PodHdBean

Reaction score
5150 for us would be nice or better yet a 6505+ =p wishfull thinking i doubt it
what we need is more cabs!
The 500/PRO/Bean got updates 6 months ago that the 300/400 users didn't get. This is just catch-up time with a few extra goodies thrown in as an apology for taking so long...

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
I'm going to be bummed if the desktop doesn't get the SLO100 update. I find the Uber set to MF Kittens suggested "5150 settings" posted earlier in this thread to be the most usable and natural sounding model in the POD, without using external IRs. The SLO is more akin to the tone I'm trying to get with the Uber.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I'm going to be bummed if the desktop doesn't get the SLO100 update. I find the Uber set to MF Kittens suggested "5150 settings" posted earlier in this thread to be the most usable and natural sounding model in the POD, without using external IRs. The SLO is more akin to the tone I'm trying to get with the Uber.

The update will come to us others, just later :)

Glad to hear you liked my settings, but for cab stuff, check this out:
One of these has cab and eq on it, one doesn't. Can't remember which.
http://db.tt/1SCyfLzy
http://db.tt/Zd82xjM7

Anyway, find the one with the cab and eq effects, and place the amp with the uber model with the settings i suggested, and use the screamer settings i suggested, keeping only the cab and EQ stuff. I think that'll sound ok.

flv75

Reaction score

can you repost this "5150 setting" please ?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
can you repost this "5150 setting" please ?

It's not directly a 5150 setting, it just gets you into gojira territory.

I always have the "pad" switch set to lower the input gain.
Input impendance: 3.5M

Gate: 52%, decay at 0. Depends on pickup hotness

Screamer: bass depending on pickups, between 30% and 70%.
Tone at 80-100%
Treble at 50%, add more if needed.
Drive at 0-16% depending on how compressed and chunky you want it.
Output at 100%

Gate number 2: 32%, decay at 0%
Amp Model: Uber
Gain: depends on pickup gain and taste, but generally around 50-65%
bass: 70%
mids: i think about 65-75%?
treble: 80% (trust me)
Presence: 45%

master at 60%
sag set to something low, like 30%
hum off
Bias generally sounds smoother and "sloshier" when turned towards the right.
Bias-x at 50%

I don't use the cab sims on the pod, so i'll leave that to you!

meambobbo

Reaction score
Hum off? You mean 50%. I like 55% for a more Mesa mark tone where I don't use a screamer but a mid focus eq. I actually like 75% for the 5150 tone. Makes it a bit more aggressive but you have to watch out for leads bc increasing hum can lead to ghost notes and microphonic type feedback.

')