RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I must agree..I tried the guitar Im getting at the local guitar shop about a week ago in drop a as well and it was like an entirely different sound ha

6 string pickups are designed around 6 string tunings. 7 string pickups are made to pick up the lows better as well as keep them clear ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
Anyone have patches they use with a power amp/cab setup? (not rec or PA style ones)

Here, try this one. I'm using this one lately.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20002604/E-N-D- L2 mesa.hre

This one is still untweaked. I'm trying to set a dual amp/cab sound
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20002604/E-N-D- L1 dual.hre

Keep in mind that all my patches are stereo and have short delay on right side so you will want to turn off the ping pong delay at the end of the chain if you are going to use a mono poweramp.

Tell me what you think!

polarbeast666

Reaction score

Keep in mind that all my patches are stereo and have short delay on right side so you will want to turn off the ping pong delay at the end of the chain if you are going to use a mono poweramp.

Tell me what you think!
About to try out. So far Iv been playing through my PA and the sound is almost too like...plastic. Or harsh. Idk Ill still try to tweak it.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
I was thinking about repairing an old dB Opera for live monitoring!
If It will work: good
If not: I do not actually have to use an active speaker.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Alright so I have two amps that I run in stereo some times, is there a way I could set up my HD500 so that when I make a loop, it sends that to one amp, but what I play over that goes to the other amp?

polarbeast666

Reaction score
Everytime I record guitars in audacity and play them back it sounds fine. Then I import the mp3 of drums or something, record guitars and a crackling noise comes in. without the recording the guitars dont clip at all, they sound fine. Its only when I play over something in audacity that it makes the noise. Somebody help? It sounds like this, at around 5 seconds in on the guitars..
http://soundcloud.com/for-everyone/drop-a-tele-pod-hd500

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Alright so I have two amps that I run in stereo some times, is there a way I could set up my HD500 so that when I make a loop, it sends that to one amp, but what I play over that goes to the other amp?

Move the fx loop into path A or B

Edit: I read that wrong. I'm guessing you mean a looped track. Pretty sure the looper can only be at the beginning or end of the chain. So, no you can't do that.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
Your koloss patch owns dude!
i got a pretty vildhjartaish tone with a bit of tweaking definatly what i was trying to get out of this thing!
:metal: :metal:

Tell me what you think!

PodHdBean

Reaction score
i dont know if anyones said this but the pitch glide works wonders if u use it before everything in the chain.
Ive noticed it kinda keeps chords together from -3 to +3
i still use it -5 for F# and it kinda works u just gotta not use to much distortion
just a little tip for anyone who wants to quickly change tunings

7stringDemon

Reaction score
This has probably been asked but I'm not sifting through 115 pages to find it.

These things sound good. . . . . And they're more versatile than any tube head I've been able to afford.

So what would it require to use it live? Just a poweramp right? Then you just plug into the cab and it works the same? Because I'm sick of looking for the perfect tube amp. Time to join the 21st century and use a modeller.

Then I can get better sounding recordings too :)

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
This has probably been asked but I'm not sifting through 115 pages to find it.

These things sound good. . . . . And they're more versatile than any tube head I've been able to afford.

So what would it require to use it live? Just a poweramp right? Then you just plug into the cab and it works the same? Because I'm sick of looking for the perfect tube amp. Time to join the 21st century and use a modeller.

Then I can get better sounding recordings too :)

Hell, you don't even need a poweramp, you can just go straight to FOH. For practicing, I go through an active monitor and live I just go direct in to FOH for simplistic setup and consistent tone

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
Your koloss patch owns dude!
i got a pretty vildhjartaish tone with a bit of tweaking definatly what i was trying to get out of this thing!
:metal: :metal:

Exactly! Koloss and Måsstaden are currently my favourite guitar sounds! I also tweaked that patch a bit more, kinda tamed it a little and bring more mids to suit better for recording and FR headphones. Gonna try it direct to PA this Tuesday at Metalcamp fest. Hope it will do me justice :p

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Hell, you don't even need a poweramp, you can just go straight to FOH. For practicing, I go through an active monitor and live I just go direct in to FOH for simplistic setup and consistent tone

For sure. And if you practice with headphones on at home like I do, you can keep the same patch for band practice/gigs because the monitors/front of house will sound very close.

If you go through a power amp and a cab both of these will colour the tone a lot, and in my opinion is not using the POD to its full potential. The deep editing you can do with the cabs in the POD HD's are crazy, and you can have a completely different "rig" with each patch.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
dude that tone is nice!

Thanks man! I have been tweaking it a little bit, but so far it is one of my favorite patches I have made for my 7 string ever. I might pop it on my dropbox if you want it! This is also the first time I have just used the cab sim from the HD500 and I am quite impressed, especially since I finally figured out how to edit the master, hum, sag, bias, cab resonance, thump, etc. all while on the pod without being on HD Edit :lol: (which if you don't know how to do that, you just double click the enter button I believe)

')