This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
That SLO crunch tone is fantastic, for me it comes close stock to an Alice In Chains recorded tone, certainly feels the part crunching through Them Bones. Think I'll be mixing this one's low end with some Bogner Uber to create something for sure!!

This and the overdrive for crunchy tones, could never get along with the JCM so these are sweet, and much-needed.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Aaand I'm sold again. :rofl:

Are you on the fence about picking one up? I have only had a VERY quick play with the new amp models, but the updates and the effort Line 6 are putting into this product really put a smile on my face. In its price range, and indeed generally, it's an amazing piece of gear. I use it live for everything, works great.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Kinda... I've been decided between the Randall V2 and the HD500 + FRFR still. I finally get my mind set on one, but then later on decide to get the other. :rofl:

AustinxAtomic

Reaction score
Since I updated all of the default patches are gone.
They still show up in my line 6 pro edit on the computer, but aren't on the device itself.
Any help?

EDIT: found it.. I'm a moron.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm definitely loving the SLOoverdrive. Basically all I did was take my existing fireball patch and change it to the SLO with all my usual settings. Even that sounded badass. I got a chance to try the other models today too. The SLO crunch sounds really good, but not really my style. I didn't like the doom, but I kind of like the epic.

In the next few days I'll post a new track using my SLO patch only, as well as a previous song that I posted that me and surfthealien have collaborated on to make a complete track :)

Zei

Reaction score
Loving the new SLO patches. Changed my rhythm patch to the SLO Overdrive and am using the SLO Crunch for my "glassy cleanish leads". The Epic is nice, and I don't see myself using the Doom too much if at all.

Only problem I'm having is I have a bit of hum with my lead patches when I record Direct that I didn't have before. I have no idea why. It can't be a grounding issue since I have the same exact setup, but we'll see if I can't figure it out or not tomorrow.

Gonna record a tasty riff tomorrow for you guys :)

EDIT: Nice stuff meambobbo! We had the same idea with the Crunch haha

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Liking the SLO and the Doom models. Epic isn't my cup of tea. Hoping to make a good Isis-ish tone with the SLO crunch. For anyone interested, here's my main setlist. It's my main tones (main gain tone, clean, crunch, ambient clean) for DI, going into a poweramp, and then miscellaneous tones. Check it out

MartinMTL

Reaction score
n00b question here. When I go directly through an FRFR speaker (like a PA), what should the output settings be at. I don't have an FRFR yet, but when i tried my HD Pro at my friend's house, the sound was very treble-y. It lacked any punch, like the EQ was way off. Sooo, anybody know what I am doing wrong?

fps

Kit
Reaction score
n00b question here. When I go directly through an FRFR speaker (like a PA), what should the output settings be at. I don't have an FRFR yet, but when i tried my HD Pro at my friend's house, the sound was very treble-y. It lacked any punch, like the EQ was way off. Sooo, anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Well I don't really know what an FRFR speaker is tbh, BUT I have found I will dial in a patch that sounds brilliant in my headphones, or on my monitors at home, then when I put it through a PA or play it with the band it sounds far away, and small. The only cab I can work with live is the XXL V30, it's the only one that really gives that bass response especially that I associate with a live amp. Recorded there are lots of options of course.

The other thing might be that you don't have it on the direct setting, but that's unlikely.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Here's my super-doomy yet chuggy and growly tone (no cab model assigned, since i use impulses):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782113/Ultimate Doom.h5e

It was made with an Evo 7 equipped 7 string, and with the PAD button activated. So if you have the PAD button off, you gotta adjust the gain and stuff of course.

edit: it uses the three or four first footswitches btw. you can turn on and off both of the distortions (turning off the rat gives you a radically different and nastier tone that sounds awesome), an octave pedal (HOLY FUCK will surely ensue), and a big reverb (of course)

Bevo

Reaction score
Well I don't really know what an FRFR speaker is tbh, BUT I have found I will dial in a patch that sounds brilliant in my headphones, or on my monitors at home, then when I put it through a PA or play it with the band it sounds far away, and small. The only cab I can work with live is the XXL V30, it's the only one that really gives that bass response especially that I associate with a live amp. Recorded there are lots of options of course.

The other thing might be that you don't have it on the direct setting, but that's unlikely.

You guys have to look into the output settings..view button and hold, you can choose if its Stack, power amp, combo amp and whatever else. Each one of the setting changes the the way the system works and sounds.
FRFR is a PA type speaker that operates as full range.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
FRFR means as the poster above said...full range. It will definately sound different to your headphones, or home setup, as it's delivering a full range flat e.q, and not being coloured by anything like say, a v30 speaker in a guitar cab etc.

I tend to have 3 different setlists. One for home use (through my Line 6 L3M powered monitor at low volume) one for gigging/practise (through L3M again, VERY loud) and one for recording (through my M-Audio studio monitors) all different uses, different volumes, different e.q

')