Reaction score
^This. Everything here is 100% right dude. I do the same thing with my 5150 using a Rocktron Chameleon 2000 and i have yet to find or compete with a tone that can top it, but that's just my opinion. If you decide to just run with the tones of the POD and just use the Peavey for a tube power amp then you want to avoid the 4CM. Just comes down to how you prefer to run it. One thing that the 5150/6505 has on most other tube power amps i have used so far is that you can really shape your overall tone way differently just because of the resonance and presence controls. By running it through just the loop return you are bypassing the 6505's preamp and just using its power section and you will control the volume with your POD. Enjoy man, its KILLER that way!:agreed:

You serious? I have a 6505+ and I just order my POD HD Pro a couple of hours ago. It should be here by next friday. Would you be able to post a pic of how you set this up? I would greatly, tremendously, whole heartedly appreciate it.

6505+, T.C. Electronics G Major and Schecter Blackjack 7 w/ SD JB pups -
Cerebrum358 - YouTube :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I thought I would share my latest. This is with a loomis sig. Used a dual cab fball to the left and a soldano slo dual cab patch to the right. I quad tracked everything.

https://soundcloud.com/surfthealien/full-blown-santa

hey, I really enjoyed the song and the clean patch by the end :), but I think the drums didn't glued very well in the mix, maybe it needed some compression or overall reverb?

really cool leads and pinch harmonics too (how the hell you got em'?)

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I've lost my power supply for the HD500, where do I get another one? I'm in the UK.

surfthealien

Reaction score
hey, I really enjoyed the song and the clean patch by the end :), but I think the drums didn't glued very well in the mix, maybe it needed some compression or overall reverb?

really cool leads and pinch harmonics too (how the hell you got em'?)

Hey thanks for the feedback the drums blow I know Im just to lazy to program them I record in riffworks and that program uses "instant drummers" Its like a drum machine. As far as the sqealies the best tip I can give is the more vibrato you use the more they will come out I mean shake the hell out of the string.

surfthealien

Reaction score
I want your patches, surfthealien. Killer tone. I have a Loomis sig in the shop. Staring at my Pod HD. I can't get the guitar back soon enough. :(

Dude the loomis is the best guitar I have ever owned! I would recommend one to anyone.

Here are some links to my patches I wish there was a way to upload my setlist to my profile then anyone who wanted it could have it.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/222164/

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/222163/

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/222162/

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Dude the loomis is the best guitar I have ever owned! I would recommend one to anyone.

Here are some links to my patches I wish there was a way to upload my setlist to my profile then anyone who wanted it could have it.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/222164/

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/222163/

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/222162/

I missed out on the chance to buy a loomis for $250 at a pawn shop. I was pissed lol I love my premium series ibanez though so I can't complain.

Reaction score
Well, aside from money, there's a huge difference depending on the usage. I'd suggest you go to Line 6 website and compare between the HD500, HD Pro and the HD Bean.

The difference between HD500 and HD Pro is mainly that one is a board and the other is the rack-mounted version. While the HD Pro has more inputs and outputs (well designed for studio purposes in my oppinion) you'd need a controller to be able to use it live. On the other side, HD500 has everything you need to play live. Besides, it's not that the HD500 is poor on the inputs/outputs side. You have everything you need there, and gives you different choices depending on what you wanna do.

On the other hand, if you don't need expression pedals, you want something small and portable, the HD bean is right for you. I've heard good things about it, but since I play in a band and live too, the HD500 is the best in my oppinion.

I guess the HD Pro should be the best, but to use it in different scenarios, you need serious money to buy a controller. HD500 is what has the best of both worlds in my oppinion.

Purelojik

Reaction score
not to mention that for recording purposes the PRO is the only L6 HD that allows for a dedicated Dry output for reamping. A feature that they just dropped on all other models. but the X3 had a shitton of I/O in the DAW it was awesome.

they need to bring that back

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
I tried today the FLip Top with a bass repaired for a friend and I liked the tone! I used dual amp configuration. Maybe I will use it for my band's next album...

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Well, aside from money, there's a huge difference depending on the usage. I'd suggest you go to Line 6 website and compare between the HD500, HD Pro and the HD Bean.

The difference between HD500 and HD Pro is mainly that one is a board and the other is the rack-mounted version. While the HD Pro has more inputs and outputs (well designed for studio purposes in my oppinion) you'd need a controller to be able to use it live. On the other side, HD500 has everything you need to play live. Besides, it's not that the HD500 is poor on the inputs/outputs side. You have everything you need there, and gives you different choices depending on what you wanna do.

On the other hand, if you don't need expression pedals, you want something small and portable, the HD bean is right for you. I've heard good things about it, but since I play in a band and live too, the HD500 is the best in my oppinion.

I guess the HD Pro should be the best, but to use it in different scenarios, you need serious money to buy a controller. HD500 is what has the best of both worlds in my oppinion.

I won't be gigging anytime soon, and I probably will sit in a studio more than anything else, so Pro it is.

Thanks

PodHdBean

Reaction score
no midi or xlr out on the pod bean also the 2nd input is a mic xlr
:shred:

ItsYaBoyTee

Gots The Runs
Reaction score
not to mention that for recording purposes the PRO is the only L6 HD that allows for a dedicated Dry output for reamping. A feature that they just dropped on all other models. but the X3 had a shitton of I/O in the DAW it was awesome.

they need to bring that back

Something I've started doing that HD Pro and other HD variants can do for re-amping is to set a patch of their choice to 100% left or right via the amp chain and mixer and have a raw track (no amps, pedals, etc) to the other track. Then you can record via the USB connection and set the DAW to record a stereo track and delete the track that had the patch (used for monitoring mainly) leaving just the raw track to be used for re-amping. I've been doing this in Reaper and using the Guitar Rig Pro 5 plugin to re-amp my dry tracks and have had great results. I'm sure this is possible with all the HDs that can set two channels in the patch and record out with USB; could be wrong.

Shask

Reaction score
Something I've started doing that HD Pro and other HD variants can do for re-amping is to set a patch of their choice to 100% left or right via the amp chain and mixer and have a raw track (no amps, pedals, etc) to the other track. Then you can record via the USB connection and set the DAW to record a stereo track and delete the track that had the patch (used for monitoring mainly) leaving just the raw track to be used for re-amping. I've been doing this in Reaper and using the Guitar Rig Pro 5 plugin to re-amp my dry tracks and have had great results. I'm sure this is possible with all the HDs that can set two channels in the patch and record out with USB; could be wrong.

You can use the effects send to get a dry track also....

Zei

Reaction score
Got a new thingy out kinda, much better than the last and it's an actual song I'm working! It's a bit weird, but eh. This is also my new tone, which is in need of a little shaping, but it's not bad at all. Got rid of that damn hum, though!

https://soundcloud.com/nicholas-nicoletti/first-metal-song-demo

And I'm having a bit of trouble with clipping (you can hear it a little bit on SC, but when I play it back in Cubase it's ALL OVER THE PLACE). Any tips to get rid of that?

Paolosev91

Reaction score
Since I've never owned a tube screamer, and line6 added the bass and treble controls to the "screamer" model, what do you think are the neutral settings so that it sounds like the real one? I thought both bass and treble at 50 (drive and output should work as the real one, from 0 to maximum), but with these settings it sounds really trebly!

Merry Xmas

Latest posts

')