This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
i found raising bias x could give a little more "action" over sustained notes. i don't think where bias is set necessarily changes that, but i suppose if say you can't tell much difference between bias 10% and 30%, then bias 20% and bias x 100% isn't going to make much difference. if there's a big difference between bias 70% and bias 90% then bias 80% and bias x 100% you will see more range to the tone than if you used bias x 0%.

for my EVH tones i was using a high bias setting but low bias x to lock in that hot sound. with a high bias x setting you'd get more of a power amp breakup on the attack but it'd fade out a bit over the sustained note. for my fake mesa mark tones, I would set bias x high to get that vowely action over a note's sustain. however, i find a good mids-boost focused around that slightly upper mids spot also boosts that. both together sounds great, but I think the boost is more important than bias x.

i have a veil of maya eclipse patch I just emailed someone. I'll post it soon.

that short guy

Reaction score
I might've missed it or just might be stupid (most likely the 2nd) but does anyone know how to get a lofi/am radio kinda effect?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
i found raising bias x could give a little more "action" over sustained notes. i don't think where bias is set necessarily changes that, but i suppose if say you can't tell much difference between bias 10% and 30%, then bias 20% and bias x 100% isn't going to make much difference. if there's a big difference between bias 70% and bias 90% then bias 80% and bias x 100% you will see more range to the tone than if you used bias x 0%.

for my EVH tones i was using a high bias setting but low bias x to lock in that hot sound. with a high bias x setting you'd get more of a power amp breakup on the attack but it'd fade out a bit over the sustained note. for my fake mesa mark tones, I would set bias x high to get that vowely action over a note's sustain. however, i find a good mids-boost focused around that slightly upper mids spot also boosts that. both together sounds great, but I think the boost is more important than bias x.

i have a veil of maya eclipse patch I just emailed someone. I'll post it soon.

Yes, do that! I'll have interwebz on my computer again shortly so I can actually download it!

I did a short comparison today of a song I did with the pod impulses and a song I did with redwirez impulses, and I'm almost at the conclusion that I like the pods better for some reason. The redwirez cut through a billion times more than the xxl (my favorite on the pod)

Maybe my next track I'll have to mix the two together to get the best of both worlds....

PasIvre

Reaction score
I might've missed it or just might be stupid (most likely the 2nd) but does anyone know how to get a lofi/am radio kinda effect?
You could try experimenting with the mid focus eq or mic pre models, cut everything but the highish(?) mids. I'd go with the mic pre, so I could add a little distortion to it if I wanted, but I'd generally rather do that sort of special-effect stuff in a DAW, where i can more effectively sound-shape.

meambobbo

Reaction score

i find a very strong high-pass will get you the thin, narrow frequency range. Then maybe just put a Tube Drive or one of the fuzz distortions at the end of your chain to sheen the entire tone with a slight unfocused distortion.

Also, if you crank the Hum DEP on the amp, for some amp models that will cause the tone to get "swirly" sounding, especially if Master Volume is also cranked. This is most apparent on the models of the older amps, like the Fenders, esp when they have a alot of bass going through them. So use high bass in the amp EQ, then kill it after the amp with a Mid-Focus EQ.

Finally, maybe add some compression towards the end. This will squash the dynamics and increase the noise level.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I got the pod hd and am looking for quality vids but it seems like all i come across are vids of people who havent really got it dialed with the exception of of the paul from chimspanner and johnny from fortiori. I wanna know where the dudes that really know whats up with the eq's are at lol. Anyone know any good links?ones that arent all fizzy. I know its possible to dial that crap out haha. Im close with the mid focus but just wanting some tips from people who really know what they are doing with it. Thanks a lot.

meambobbo

Reaction score
no vids but check my sig. got translations of most of the EQ's from % to HZ and other helpful advice to dial it in.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Ive read through some of your stuff and it is quite helpful. Thanks for alllllllll of that lol. The matt guy that did the spectrum analyzer was very helpful as well. Ill make sure to read through more of your stuff over and over again. I dig the pod just trying to get to know the ole girl.

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
I was searching for a demo of the Pod HD into a Rocktron Velocity and came across this video; sounds pretty good to me, definitely got me interested!

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I was able to get a decent tone out of the SLO in podfarm clarity wise but it was lacking in the oomph dept. But im still getting to know the new one. Been messing with the treadplate mostly. Gonna mess with the slo some more definitely. Only had it for under a week so.

Blazerok

Reaction score
Hi, I did put a few video of me playing through the POD HD500. I wouldn't say they are perfect, but I wouldn't call them fizzy. Anyway, here is a link to one of my videos.

Edit: By the way, I tweak my presets using meambobo's techniques straight from his guide. Props to you man!

')