thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
thanks! and thats kind of how i felt. right now im not sure how i feel about the tones in general. maybe i just spent too much time tweaking today. or maybe i have to jump on the kemper wagon after all.... i dot want really good quality, i want FUCKING AMAZING quality lol

oh, and i see youve stolen my beardcore tag ;)

Beardcore for life... I'd rather be associated with beardcore than anything else.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I think it sounds much better. A more natural sound. Still sounds a bit heavy for the song but I think that's what you were going for
Ya...I'm trying to dial in my main sound for the stuff we cover (Dio, Maiden, etc).

i would say so. the drums are fairly low quality audio. i can hear the warbly cymbals and such. but guitars are better. i briefly compared the two.
Thx. The track I downloaded from guitarbackingtrack.com sounded like that. I couldn't do a whole lot with it.

Thx for the help guys.

Nemonic

Reaction score
Could any one with an HD500 download this and upload the screenshots of the settings

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/223407/

Much appreciated.
136.4 Bpm

Digital delay, 41 ms, 52% feedback, 39% treble, 45% mix

Blackface Dbl Nrm, Drive 47%, Bass 52%, Mid 50%, Treble 100%, Presence 100%, Channel Volume 72%, Early Reflections 100% , Master Volume 100%
2x12 Blackface Dbl with 57 on axis

Splitted signal path, 100L/100R

Tri chorus in the right chain, 2.0 Hz, Mix 36%, 0/16/25% Depth

Post-mix Vetta Comp, Sens 50%, Level 73%

Turned off Ping pong delay, Tempo sync 1/4, 440 ms, Feedback 74%, Offset 50%, Spread 100%, Mix 27%

Cave reverb, Decay 60%, Pre delay 178 ms, Tone 80%, Mix set to EXP 2

Next time, take a moment to download that edit, I did the same with Pro edit. Please, make a sample of it in exchange.

japs5607

Reaction score
136.4 Bpm

Digital delay, 41 ms, 52% feedback, 39% treble, 45% mix

Blackface Dbl Nrm, Drive 47%, Bass 52%, Mid 50%, Treble 100%, Presence 100%, Channel Volume 72%, Early Reflections 100% , Master Volume 100%
2x12 Blackface Dbl with 57 on axis

Splitted signal path, 100L/100R

Tri chorus in the right chain, 2.0 Hz, Mix 36%, 0/16/25% Depth

Post-mix Vetta Comp, Sens 50%, Level 73%

Turned off Ping pong delay, Tempo sync 1/4, 440 ms, Feedback 74%, Offset 50%, Spread 100%, Mix 27%

Cave reverb, Decay 60%, Pre delay 178 ms, Tone 80%, Mix set to EXP 2

Next time, take a moment to download that edit, I did the same with Pro edit. Please, make a sample of it in exchange.

Nice one. Thanks for doing that. I have an HD PRO last time I tried to do that it would t open it in the edit screen.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Maybe it's just my headphones... but the guitars don't sound very wide. It seems like they are focused toward the middle instead of out farther with the lead close to the middle as well. If that's the case try panning the rhythm guitars out farther and the lead away from where the vocal is in the mix. The guitars seem to need to come down a bit as well or the melody up a tad.

Zulphur

Reaction score
It's hard to balance with the vocals on top, to much stuff going on perhaps.
The rhythm guitars are panned 90% instead of 100%, for some reason they sound better to me. To much time mixing i guess, im hearing all kinds of wierd shit by now haha

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
It's hard to balance with the vocals on top, to much stuff going on perhaps.
The rhythm guitars are panned 90% instead of 100%, for some reason they sound better to me. To much time mixing i guess, im hearing all kinds of wierd shit by now haha

I didn't listen to it, but did you high pass filter the vocals? It will be impossible to balance if your mix is bad. Also eq the melodies a little different to make them stand out without needing more volume.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Lol I hate when that happens. You start hesring little stuff that isn't there and your friends are like Wtf bro? Lol

Zulphur

Reaction score
Yeah right, and the more i start tweaking things the worse it gets . I heard that little 5 min breaks are essential when mixingl,specialy on cans but i always go without taking any time to rest.

meambobbo

Reaction score
I'm recalculating my Excel sheet for using dual cabs. I'm noticing there's quite a few values I seem to disagree with. Last time I did this, I used white noise and tried to visually judge what delay times yielded the largest frequency response on a spectrum analyzer. I listened to the white noise too, which helped guide me, but was secondary to the visual analysis. This time I was actually playing some distorted guitar and listening for the most natural sound.

For some cab/mic combinations, a completely in-phase sound is impossible. A delay that makes the high frequencies in phase causes other frequencies to be out-of-phase. From my understanding, phase inaccuracy is part of speakers. I assume it applies to mics as well. For such combinations, I took the value I felt was the most natural sounding.

The 421 Dynamic, 4038 Ribbon, and Condensers seemed the most likely to be difficult to find good values for, although sometimes they easily matched up. Cabs with like speakers tended to match up well, while dislike speakers were more difficult.

Most of my prior data seemed good enough. But some of the more extreme values are revised. And some of the more difficult pairings I revised to use a more natural sound rather than the loudest or most full spectrum.

My favorite combination was the Treadplate 4x12 w/ 57 on axis + Uber 4x12 w/ 121 Ribbon. One thing I discovered in this was that this combination was slightly out of phase, but barely. It sounds a touch better when corrected, but works well enough as is. However, the Uber w/ the 409 Dyn mic seems completely in-phase without any correction and has a stronger bass response. I've switched a few patches to use this mic so far. The tone is otherwise very similar, except the mids are a bit more scooped and maybe a touch less sweet.

Zulphur

Reaction score
I wonder if the guys al l6 knows about all your phase correction stuff, it's a great part of getting good tones. How difficult would be to correct that in the unit itself as an update?

that short guy

Reaction score
Hey guys I found out that I'm deploying again, and this time I'm actually gonna take a guitar with me. I'm thinking about getting the HD bean to take with me because I'm not taking my HD Pro, but I have 2 questions about it before I buy it.

1 What in the hell does the "tweak" knob do

2 roughly how big is it, you can imagine that compactness is key in my situation.

PodHdBean

Reaction score
Hey guys I found out that I'm deploying again, and this time I'm actually gonna take a guitar with me. I'm thinking about getting the HD bean to take with me because I'm not taking my HD Pro, but I have 2 questions about it before I buy it.

1 What in the hell does the "tweak" knob do

2 roughly how big is it, you can imagine that compactness is key in my situation.
the tweak knob is just the a wah/volume controller knob

its as big a the pod xt
i think they have the dimensions online somewhere for exact size :shred:

meambobbo

Reaction score
I wonder if the guys al l6 knows about all your phase correction stuff, it's a great part of getting good tones. How difficult would be to correct that in the unit itself as an update?

If they don't then that's pathetic. The post for my guide is stickied on their forum, and dual cabs has been a major theme for some time. I have made the process widely known on several forums and everyone I know of that's tried it agrees.

As far as implementing, all they'd need is to add a latency control into each Channel, either on the amp/cab block or the Mixer block. To save DSP, they could do it by simply buffering by __ samples, rather than by time increments that don't match the sample rate which would require resampling and thus take up more DSP. The DSP would be miniscule. Memory-wise, each sample is 3 bytes at 24 bits per sample. If we allowed up to 40 samples of delay on each Channel, that's a total of 80 samples x 3 bytes = 240 bytes, a relatively miniscule amount of RAM.

Line 6 has remained silent on this. Ever since Rich Renken left the company, I feel like it's in a downward spiral. The last few updates have taken forever to get out. There are known issues that haven't been corrected. There's literally hundreds of small improvements that could be made to Edit, to the USB connectivity, to the user interface...I couldn't even get them to provide a simple official translation of % to HZ. Don't expect much.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Those fuckers.... I'd definitely like to see a new update someday. I think the axe-fx has had 5 updates since I bought my pod.

Maybe we should start doing comparisons of our pod tones and say, the tse x50/x30 or any of the lepou vst sims to show them what's out there for free and can sound just as good. There's even starting to be more standalone vst modules. I know for a fact that ever forthright doesn't use any amps. Just a module that loads vsts for them all.....

')