spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Quick question, when doing the global settings reset is there any sort of indicator that it actually happened? In my fixing attempts whenever I change the firmware and do that I have not seen any

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meambobbo

Reaction score
eek that bass tone is horrible in his tutorial - gotta better sound with just one amp model and a gate

for his dual amp patch, he adds an EQ to one channel but not the other - BIG MISTAKE. OMG WAT A TOTAL NOOB.

i recommend adding the same EQ to the other channel with neutral settings so the added latency doesn't cause any phase cancellation. I bet that's why his end result sounds so scooped and dark. (as well as the mid-cut EQ post-mixer).

My main metal bass patch is actually a mix of the ampeg model pushed to distortion with a boosted Recto in the other channel. sounds like murder.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice man! I have been using the treadplate, tread cab/off axis combo with the screamer for a boost out front and a little compression. I am working with the baritone LTD SC-607B guitar with EMG 707 pick ups. Its tuned to G# standard. Might have to try the mid focus eq...

ok, after listening to the deftones track, if your trying for a tone like that, using the tread cabinet is in the opposite direction of where your headed.

try the xxl cabinet with 409 mic, use a q filter in front with frequency at 45% q at 0% gain at around 20% type BP and mix around 45% to start with with. the treadplate amp model should get you there. if not, try the elektrik with the prescence knob turned down.

oh, and put a tube comp at the start of the chain. threshold around 50 and level around 15-20.

even download my diezel patch that i posted and see how much closer that gets with your setup.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
for the danza tone, i would definitely say try the bogner model but with a mid focus eq for a boost. the bogner uses more dsp so you may be limited with dual amps.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
a couple new songs on the horizon. im waiting on some new strings in the mail though because mine are so dead from all the playing ive done lately. and of course no one around where i am sells 7 string sets. let alone the gauges i want.

anyway, once those show up ill have a couple songs written and ill do some new playthrough vids for ya'll. now that i have monitors i can even wear my sombrero for the vids lol

and in other news, im seeking out the services of a good drummer for my next release, so it will will be double the awesomeness! i have a guy thats interested, but if anyone knows somebody that wants to take part that would be excellent. they would have to be willing to do all 5 songs though.

SDSM

Reaction score
ok, after listening to the deftones track, if your trying for a tone like that, using the tread cabinet is in the opposite direction of where your headed.

try the xxl cabinet with 409 mic, use a q filter in front with frequency at 45% q at 0% gain at around 20% type BP and mix around 45% to start with with. the treadplate amp model should get you there. if not, try the elektrik with the prescence knob turned down.

oh, and put a tube comp at the start of the chain. threshold around 50 and level around 15-20.

even download my diezel patch that i posted and see how much closer that gets with your setup.

Cheers man I will let you know how it goes when I try it out!

VikingGuitar

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm liking Kake's bass tone a lot. It sounds a little thin in the vid, but he's obviously figured out how to make it work killer in a mix. Just my 2c.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm liking Kake's bass tone a lot. It sounds a little thin in the vid, but he's obviously figured out how to make it work killer in a mix. Just my 2c.

Thanks man!
Yeah, the basstone sits great in the mix for my taste at least. But i do use a single amp patch, it's on that video too. I didn't like the dual amp basstone so much in that video tutorial.

fraxtal

Reaction score
the single amp sounds fine but the dual yeah is pretty balls . made my mates modulus sound like a 100 dollar yamaha lol *he cringed

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
From personal experience the bass patches are highly dependable on the type of pickups..What works great for a p-type pickup might not work that good for j-type etc

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
In response to Bobbo saying that the 57 off axis has richer mids, I went on a search for combinations that sound good with the mic. I've found that using the 57on axis on the Tread and the 57off axis on the Greenback works very well together. I'm not sure if there are phase issues or how to cancel them, but it sounds great to me.

meambobbo

Reaction score
In response to Bobbo saying that the 57 off axis has richer mids, I went on a search for combinations that sound good with the mic. I've found that using the 57on axis on the Tread and the 57off axis on the Greenback works very well together. I'm not sure if there are phase issues or how to cancel them, but it sounds great to me.

According to my spreadsheet, there's 3 samples between them. Adding an EQ (6 samples) to one is not going to help - you'd get the same 3 sample difference. 3 samples isn't much - it's enough to notice slightly diminished high-end, but only in an area you'd likely filter out anyway.

For my Satriani patch I use the Greenbacks 57 off axis with I believe Uber 409 or Greenbacks 67 - can't remember which. In either case, I'm kind of in no man's land like above. But the tone is awesome. I've tried better matching cab/mic pairs, and I can't get the strong midrange I want for the Satch tone.

Lately I've been messing with Tread 57 on axis + Tread 87 and Tread 57 on axis plus 1 EQ + Tread 57 off axis. The key has been reducing Res. Level just a touch. Otherwise, they sound a bit fake, although the strong midrange response is very nice. Also keep Thump rather tame. I have to kill a lot of high end, but the end result is a very natural guitar tone that just sings. The Tread 57 on axis + Uber 409 combo seems to have a bit better and more natural tone to the high-end crunchiness, but I just can't get it as sweet in the midrange.

I tried to replace the Tread 57 on axis with Tread 57 off axis, and combine that with something else, but I always end up missing the on axis high-end - it's probably relatively less important in a big mix, but I always know it's not there and I :scream:.

Sometime in the next couple weeks I'm gonna make a setlist of all the good matches for dual cabs. The last one was more of a proof-of-concept type thing. This one will be more for usuable combinations (basically the highlighted ones in the spreadsheet).

PodHdBean

Reaction score
We need a place to upload patches that are made for pa speakers
I've made all my patches for a 15 inch active speaker
I think that would be very helpful for people going direct .
I have a few patches to share if there is a thread or just maybe a web page for these patches

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
We need a place to upload patches that are made for pa speakers
I've made all my patches for a 15 inch active speaker
I think that would be very helpful for people going direct .
I have a few patches to share if there is a thread or just maybe a web page for these patches

Such a place exists. patch land

That being said, every tone changes with different guitars, so obviously every pa speaker will sound different as well. Otherwise there would only be one company making speakers and you wouldn't have any options. Not to mention that if someone uploads a patch for a 12" pa speaker, it obviously won't be ideal on a 15" or a 10"

Basically what I'm saying is quit being lazy and tweak your own patches like the rest of us ;)

')