Rygar91

Reaction score
Can't get a set of those, I can't order online sadly, shipping would kill me. The only other way would be to go used, and even still, the only air I can get is $400(Willing to pay that much), but they're 4 hours away almost :/

You shouldnt really need to order online. If youre from London, Ontario then just go to the Long & Mcquade there, they will definitely have them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
You shouldnt really need to order online. If youre from London, Ontario then just go to the Long & Mcquade there, they will definitely have them.

I've seen the HS5's in there before, but not HS50's, even their website only lists HS5's. But I've learned the website is a terribly inaccurate representation of what they actually carry/can get in.

I'll give them a call and see if they have the 50's though.

Rygar91

Reaction score
I've seen the HS5's in there before, but not HS50's, even their website only lists HS5's. But I've learned the website is a terribly inaccurate representation of what they actually carry/can get in.

I'll give them a call and see if they have the 50's though.

Oh they are the same thing, im just stupid haha.

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
I like the HD, but I'm getting really tired of Line6 ignoring the community. Just a few things is all I want. If they don't release something by early next year, I may seek other pastures.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
It's pretty damn close already with the treadplate pre. Which is off because the treadplate used to be my least favorite high gain tone on the pod.

I'm in a similar situation. I haven't been able to make any patches yet they I really like with the Treadplate. Only one I do like is one which I made based off what Watty posted in this thread a LONG time ago (page 60, to be precise) on how to make a tone like Bulb's solo tone which uses a Treadplate Pre (yes, with the just the pre it sounds surprisingly good) through the XXL 4x12. Sounds particularly good on the neck pickup (very Jetpacks Was Yes-like which was exactly what I was hoping it'd be like), and pretty good on the bridge pickup too for lead tones.

However I've yet to make a good rhythm tone with the Treadplate. I'd like to get something modern progressive, along the lines of BTBAM, Opeth or DTP, where it works in a context where there's a lot of other stuff going on in the mix, but can still stand well on its own. I know Opeth use Laney mainly with the occasional Rectifier or Engl, I think Devin might be using Axe Fx, and BTBAM are Axe Fx in to Mesa power amps through Port City cabs.

Dat rambling doe

So I'm not even sure if the Treadplate would be a good starting point for that kinda tone, but it'd be cool to kill two birds with one stone and be able to make a tone like that with the amp that I feel has a good amount of potential.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Oh they are the same thing, im just stupid haha.

The HS50M's have been discontinued, but they have a set in STratford that can be transferred over to London, there's only a $20 difference between speakers.

I'm only hesitant because I know the Rokits will suit my needs as my school uses them in the studio, and I've never heard the Yamahas.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
JEngel - I use the Treadplate as my main amp for live playing through a power amp & cab - different beast i know. My main rhythm tones are the Treadplate by itself (no boost or mid focus EQ) and then a boosted (screamer) Treadplate for heavier stuff. I'm not using any cab models though, using a splawn cab from the power amp. I tend to keep the mids cranked and the bass backed off quite a bit below noon, almost no presence and treble around noonish.

Stijnson

Reaction score
On the Treadplate, I have been using a Dual ENGL patch for my high gain rhythms and thought it was very good. But yesterday I set out to create a dual Treadplate patch. MeamBobbo on here is always talking about dual patches with the same amp but different cabs/mics, and this works like a charm, In case you havent tried it. Try it. Now. :)

Anyway, I was creating a rhythm patch, slightly Djenty so to speak, turned out pretty good, it has more oomph to it than the ENGL one. Even though I made it as a rhythm patch it is now also my high gain lead patch, it sounds great with some delay, especially on the neck pickup, and sounds spot on for some Periphery solos (eg. luck as a constant).

So try this Dual patch thing, just use the same amp, similar settings, then one slightly more treble minded cab/mic and then a bassier one, for example, a tread v30 and a XXL, Screamer in front, some EQ's after, done!

meambobbo

Reaction score
I have a bunch of patches that use the treadplate in my setlist: petrucci, meshuggah, foo fighters, opeth. You can get a lot of different tones depending on exactly how you boost it and how you mess with the power amp deps. I also use the tread pre for my metallica black album tone. The preamp is very squishy on its own. The power amp is where all the bite is

meambobbo

Reaction score
Also rectifiers are known to have a certain characteristic buzz/fizz to them. Its unique, and is why a recto is a friendly amp to add into a mix even if theres already guitars in there. I like to do the dual cab thing but it would also work well as a dual amp patch - maybe uber or engl + treadplate. I mixed uber and tread on my kse clip on soundcloud

Stijnson

Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/stijnson/plexi-fusion-lead
Made a little tone test guys, using a dual Plexi patch and a very, very cheap strat copy. Just to show how well the pod hd handles these kinda in between, just breaking up tones.
I'm impressed by it actually, picking dynamics and the volume knob really actually do what you expect them to. Its just a single track, and the same patch is used with only rolling the volume knob up and down. Excuse the sloppy playing, but what do you think?

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Hi folks, I know there is a HD Pro thread but in my experience comments tend to just get buried in the traffic.
So, I'm going to be running a hd pro through a blackstar s1-100, probably via the 4 cable method but if i decide that I particularly like the POD tone (more than the blackstar) I will be selling the head and getting a power amp. Probably rocktron 300 or 100, or maybe matrix gt800fx).
My issue is that I've never run a rig like that before and have NO IDEA how to set it up. :nuts: I would guess something along the lines of guitar to POD, one of the many out puts into the power amp and then one of the amps many outputs into the cab, but which outs into which ins!? SO MANY :spock::nuts::ugh:
Also do both units need to run from the mains or can one drive the other?
I know these are probably stupid questions to experienced users but just humour me lol. I tried googleing all this but couldn't make head nor tail of the information I found!
Cheers guys,
Oscar :hbang:
PS. A PICTURE SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS SO IF YOU WANNA TAKE SOME SNAPS OF THE BACK OF YOUR RIGS, THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED ;D

japs5607

Reaction score
I run the pod had pro into the matrix 1000. You go 1/4 left into direct into channel a of the matrix. Then out of the matrix to the power amp. If you want I can post pics. Can't do this currently as I'm on the other side of the Atlantic :hbang:

Set the output to line, not amp

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas duders. :hbang: Gonna mess around with the amp tonight, see if I can get some good results. For the dual amp/cab patch, how do you set the panning? Since you want the amps to blend together, do you wanna put the panning for both signals dead center?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas duders. :hbang: Gonna mess around with the amp tonight, see if I can get some good results. For the dual amp/cab patch, how do you set the panning? Since you want the amps to blend together, do you wanna put the panning for both signals dead center?

Both centered is usually best. You'll get more volume too.

Stijnson

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good man! I would personally roll off a little bit of the high end, but thats just me.

gerrawar

Reaction score
hi! i'm trying to record and what i have is, a pod hd pro, a mixer peavey 16 fx, studio monitors, do i need something else?

if no, what are the connections i have to do? like output and imput

')