PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Well, the dual amps obviously. My most interesting tones so far have used two amps, which, if memory serves, the desktop can't do.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
It's not the multiple amps, its having other effects with them. Say for example, you needed an eq in each path, a noise gate or two and a mid focus for hi/low pass. You would hit your limit pretty fast. I've found that most reverbs seem to eat up a lot of dsp as well.

Stijnson

Reaction score
It's not the multiple amps, its having other effects with them. Say for example, you needed an eq in each path, a noise gate or two and a mid focus for hi/low pass. You would hit your limit pretty fast. I've found that most reverbs seem to eat up a lot of dsp as well.

This ^^ Most of my better patches are dual amp patches, and I have a few EQ's, screamer and noisegates on them and I cant have reverb with them. Bit of a bummer sometimes! Although the delays take up less DSP so you can set them to be reverb like, if you want.

Kristianx510

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the has been answers but I can't seem to find the answer. When running a single amp patch is it better to pan the mixer hard left and right, or center?

Stijnson

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to buy a synth/keyboard soon since my stepdaughter has started with piano lessons, and I have always wanted to learn it too. So I was considering buying a synth of some sorts (with lots of sounds etc) so she and I can play it with headphones for example. I'd rather not get a MIDI keyboard because I don't want to have to connect it to a computer all the time.

Anyway, is there any way to also record the synth/keyboard sounds through the POD into my daw? Using it as an interface. Or do i just plug the aux from the sytnh into my line in on the laptop?

I have this feeling that the pod will let me down in this department, advertised as an interface too, but probably doesn't have the capabilities of a real interface... Or am I wrong?

Stijnson

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the has been answers but I can't seem to find the answer. When running a single amp patch is it better to pan the mixer hard left and right, or center?

Pan the path with the amp centered, and then mute the other one.

That AMT thing looks appealing! Smart idea, just a stomp box with tweakable IR's in it kind of..? Imagine a pedal into which you can load your Redwirez impulses, pre-amp in front, done!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Pan the path with the amp centered, and then mute the other one.

That AMT thing looks appealing! Smart idea, just a stomp box with tweakable IR's in it kind of..? Imagine a pedal into which you can load your Redwirez impulses, pre-amp in front, done!

its called a two notes torpedo c.a.b. lol

bloodnail

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm going FRFR with my hd500,should i use the full amp models or just the pre's with this set up?

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to buy a synth/keyboard soon since my stepdaughter has started with piano lessons, and I have always wanted to learn it too. So I was considering buying a synth of some sorts (with lots of sounds etc) so she and I can play it with headphones for example. I'd rather not get a MIDI keyboard because I don't want to have to connect it to a computer all the time.

Anyway, is there any way to also record the synth/keyboard sounds through the POD into my daw? Using it as an interface. Or do i just plug the aux from the sytnh into my line in on the laptop?

I have this feeling that the pod will let me down in this department, advertised as an interface too, but probably doesn't have the capabilities of a real interface... Or am I wrong?

Just run the output from the synth into the pod it will work just fine.

bloodnail

Reaction score
Lol,awesome,thanks Ricky.I don't really like the cab sims so maybe I should just go power amp and cab.have you had experience with both setups?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Lol,awesome,thanks Ricky.I don't really like the cab sims so maybe I should just go power amp and cab.have you had experience with both setups?

Consider the pedal I just posted earlier today. Using that for cab sims with an frfr setup could get you some pretty killer results.

A power amp and cab will always be a lot more weight to carry.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
The tpa is deinitely better. I find that most of the pre-only models are crap though. The bogner pre has no attack at all.

Try out the tse x50 using just its power amp. I'm gonna do a comparison of the three soon.

I use the x50 as a power amp on my band's recordings. I use impulses rather than the stocks cause I just can't stand them anymore.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Do you guys using impulses just use the free ones (Sneap Edge, catharsis, etc.), or do you find the Redwirez/OwnHammer ones are worth the price? I've got a huge folder of free impulses from the Sneap forums, but other than Recabinet (which I tend to find is realistic but very boxy), I've never paid for IRs.

progman

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread, I just need two questions answered. Since the 500 is pretty complex, I have been mostly going on to line6 customtone and downloading patches and then tweaking to taste. I have been using the looper function a lot to make practicing more fun. The problem is that most of the patches have different volumes. Some patches are so much louder that I can't use other patches with them using the looper. I know about the volume knob on the front but that is just a master. Where within the chain of an individual patch can I raise the general volume without effecting the overall tone?

Another question. I was looking through my old gear in storage, and I actually found my old Roland GR-30 Guitar Synthesizer. Any Idea how I could connect it to the pod? I was looking online and people still use this thing, so I must be able to.---Thanks

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread, I just need two questions answered. Since the 500 is pretty complex, I have been mostly going on to line6 customtone and downloading patches and then tweaking to taste. I have been using the looper function a lot to make practicing more fun. The problem is that most of the patches have different volumes. Some patches are so much louder that I can't use other patches with them using the looper. I know about the volume knob on the front but that is just a master. Where within the chain of an individual patch can I raise the general volume without effecting the overall tone?

Another question. I was looking through my old gear in storage, and I actually found my old Roland GR-30 Guitar Synthesizer. Any Idea how I could connect it to the pod? I was looking online and people still use this thing, so I must be able to.---Thanks

I agree the HD500 is complex, but that's just proof of it's almost endless capabilities. I recommend you go through all Line 6's manuals and then hit Meambobbo's tone guide to go even deeper.

So far, I've never found patches made by others that please my ear. Maybe it's because they were made using different guitars/pickups/strings.

As to the sinthetizer, first check the HD500 sinthetizer set; you may find something better or that avoids making and external connection and having 2 pieces of gear running. You can hook them by plugging your guitar sinthesizer into the send/return loop and adding that into the chain of the pod.

')