This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lianoroto

Reaction score

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Can you shine a light on my thoughts about low passing the guitars using the mid focus eq?Right now I have two ways of approach that I continuously go back and forth to:

-low freq (let's say 78%,sometimes even lower but above 70%))+higher q (of course less than 55%,let's say 40%)

pros:retains all of the attack

cons:the more abrupt cut leaves a small taste of non-natural tone

-high freq (let's say 88%) + lower q (let's say 18%)

pros:sounds more natural,as the cut is smoother

cons:cuts off a bit of the attack (the amount tuned with the q.leaving freq intact),while some high frequencies bleed through cause the low pass is set higher

What do you guys think?

surfthealien

Reaction score
Ok seriously, what did you do to your rhythm-tone? I got a sudden urge for a tone just like that when I listened to your clip. I'm guessing a SLO, maybe?

Good call it is a slo. Those are my warren demartini patches I'll post em up if you want em. Rick I've started the demo for the 5150 patch I'm really liking it when I convert it all of the amp and cab dep's are in the middle I moved them around obviously but I'm curious as to where you set them. Oh and thanks for all the feedback guys if you like the 80's stuff I do I'll put up much more for you.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Good call it is a slo. Those are my warren demartini patches I'll post em up if you want em. Rick I've started the demo for the 5150 patch I'm really liking it when I convert it all of the amp and cab dep's are in the middle I moved them around obviously but I'm curious as to where you set them. Oh and thanks for all the feedback guys if you like the 80's stuff I do I'll put up much more for you.

Master is at 75 I think bias is at 90 bias x at 50 resonance, thump and decay all at 25%

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
It sounds to me like the rhythm track is just one track center-panned. If it is, track it twice and pan it left and right. I like to do about 40-45% each direction, personally, but YMMV

fiveyears

Reaction score

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Finally had the time to sit down and create some tones an record them, just messed around with some ideas I've been playing with for a long time. Hopefully once I get better software I can do a full piece.

Lead tone is an Angel F-Ball with EQ/Delay
Rhythm is a Brit-800 model
I played the rhythm tone with a bass octaver on one track

I'm gonna go back at it after work tomorrow and polish it up, do some panning etc.

Tell me what you think! I need some feedback on this one.

https://soundcloud.com/zacharyk/ltd-m-1000-pod-tone-demo

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Good news guys, I'm getting my POD back to my home in the next few days. I had retweaked all of my patches and made some new ones before this thing burnt out, so I'll have some new tone-age for you all within the week.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I posted this in the line 6 forum but ill ask here too...

For those using power amp and guitar cab, do u use the pre models or full? Even though the pres make more sense signal chain-wise, Ive been using full as they sound better playing alone, but with the band they seem to lack some low end and add high end noise to the mix.

Im going to try the pre only next gig, have all my presets changed over. Curious to hear what others are using.

fraxtal

Reaction score
Hey VB - power amp i use full amp models , generally all my patches are dual amps with cab turned off and stack front turned on as playing into a marshall 4x12

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I posted this in the line 6 forum but ill ask here too...

For those using power amp and guitar cab, do u use the pre models or full? Even though the pres make more sense signal chain-wise, Ive been using full as they sound better playing alone, but with the band they seem to lack some low end and add high end noise to the mix.

Im going to try the pre only next gig, have all my presets changed over. Curious to hear what others are using.

If you use the full models with the master dep turned down to around 30 you should get better results than with the pre only models. I find that the bogner in particular has no attack at all and is just complete garbage. The recto pre is pretty good, but not amazing.

Don't be afraid to use the mid focus as just a low pass and take out the really high end before it even hits your power amp. It will sound more natural.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey VB - power amp i use full amp models , generally all my patches are dual amps with cab turned off and stack front turned on as playing into a marshall 4x12

I don't quite understand why you would use dual amp if your not using the cab sims.

Also, stack front is for plugging into the preamp of a stack.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
^^ Ricky i assume he's using two different amps. I stick to single amps. I've also tried turning the master down as you suggested - it's basically like a "mix" knob for the power amp model. If i'm not happy with the results after the next gig i'm going to go back to full models and try your 30% setting. I want to give the pre models a chance in a live setting to compare.

fraxtal

Reaction score
Two amps - dual Uber - pod into - rocktron velocity in to 4x12 cab. sounds epic.

Latest posts

')