fraxtal

Reaction score
How are you running it though cheese using cab sims or no cab ? also amp or studio/line in , big difference in sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Fraxtal - I don't use the cab sims at all, and I set it to stack pwr amp - although without cabs on it shouldn't matter IIRC. Pod-->Mesa50/50-->v30/G12t75 cab.

I use the line in on the back of pod set at the higher gain setting (-10). I used it at +4 for a long time but find -10 gives me more feel with the guitar and makes it easier to dial in my tones

Since your dual amps are the same w/ no cabs, do you just EQ them differently?

evan9198

Reaction score
This sounds amazing. When I download it, It appears way to have way too much bass for my setup. Which would be the most effective way of bringing out more clarity?

What is your setup? I would change the studio EQ's Lo Gn from -2.6 to -2.9 or 3. That seems to be a pretty safe zone to tighten the low end up. Drop the SAG a bit and possibly drop the bass in the Tube screamer as well. Hopefully that will clean it up a bit.

Lianoroto

Reaction score
Good call it is a slo. Those are my warren demartini patches I'll post em up if you want em. Rick I've started the demo for the 5150 patch I'm really liking it when I convert it all of the amp and cab dep's are in the middle I moved them around obviously but I'm curious as to where you set them. Oh and thanks for all the feedback guys if you like the 80's stuff I do I'll put up much more for you.

Plop them up and I'll see if I can steal some tricks. The SLO models are probably my fav among the POD HD models. Use them for almost everything!

fraxtal

Reaction score
Hey Cheese, how does using the line inputs on the back work ? i use the unbalanced Ouput from pod to poweramp

Manhell

Reaction score
Hello POD users, I need to ask one question.

I am going to Germany as an exchange student and obviously I cannot take my stuff with me.
I also will probably have the possibility to go play in festivals over europe and maybe a small tour too.

Since in this 2 situations I cannot take my rig with me I was thinking about getting myself a POD HD500 and use it with headphones in Germany and as my main traveling rig in this tour, what do you guys think?

I'm used to good tube amps.

thanks

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Hello POD users, I need to ask one question.

I am going to Germany as an exchange student and obviously I cannot take my stuff with me.
I also will probably have the possibility to go play in festivals over europe and maybe a small tour too.

Since in this 2 situations I cannot take my rig with me I was thinking about getting myself a POD HD500 and use it with headphones in Germany and as my main traveling rig in this tour, what do you guys think?

I'm used to good tube amps.

thanks

Well, it's not going to be as smooth and tube-y as the amps you're used to, but I think it's perfect for what you're talking about. You may also want to look into the rackmounted HD Pro, since it has some more output options, though it lacks the pedal on the 500.

Only problem is that you're either going to have to route the sound directly out of the POD into the PA using the POD's decent-to-mediocre cab sims, or buy a power amp and a cab, which I gather will take some tweaking to sound good. Other people are better versed in the POD's output options than I am, though, so I'll let them address that issue.

Manhell

Reaction score
well if it involves cabs then no, my goal was to take the POD and the POD alone, the rack one needs pedalboard so it's a no.

Stijnson

Reaction score
It's probably the best solution to get a POD. Unless you can spend the extra money and get an axe fx I guess...
With some nice headphones you can get very satisfying results with the pod, and the option to play live by plugging it directly into the PA too.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
anybody have a clue if line 6 is gonna drop any firmware updates anytime soon? its been a year!

I'm sure if they do it will be six weeks after they announce and it won't do anything any of the users have asked for 'cept maybe a new model or two....All they seem to give a shit about is the StageSource shit, iOS shit, and wireless shit...

Reaction score
Finally I could give a try to latest Peavey patches posted in here. Sadly, results were almost the same to most of the patches I've tried from Meambobbo's and Rick; either they seem to be low on gain (not volume but distortion) or they are unbalanced as regards to highs. One of the patches has the right amount of distortion but the highs are excessive. The other one seems balanced in it's eq but gain seems low so palm mutes doesn't sound heavy.

I've tried these with the PAD switch on and the Guitar/Variax configuration (Don't remember if one of them were dual). Guitar is an Ibanez RG827QMZ with a D-Activator on the bridge. When using dual cabs I use Guitar/Same configuration so it feeds properly both lines. I've monitored these patches on my M-Audio AV40 monitors.

On the other hand, I'm beginning to get pleasant patches using Meambobbo's suggestions which apply to some of the patches here, that is using the Screamer before the amp and the mid focus EQ after the Amp section. When I get something worthy I'll post it here.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Finally I could give a try to latest Peavey patches posted in here. Sadly, results were almost the same to most of the patches I've tried from Meambobbo's and Rick; either they seem to be low on gain (not volume but distortion) or they are unbalanced as regards to highs. One of the patches has the right amount of distortion but the highs are excessive. The other one seems balanced in it's eq but gain seems low so palm mutes doesn't sound heavy.

I've tried these with the PAD switch on and the Guitar/Variax configuration (Don't remember if one of them were dual). Guitar is an Ibanez RG827QMZ with a D-Activator on the bridge. When using dual cabs I use Guitar/Same configuration so it feeds properly both lines. I've monitored these patches on my M-Audio AV40 monitors.

On the other hand, I'm beginning to get pleasant patches using Meambobbo's suggestions which apply to some of the patches here, that is using the Screamer before the amp and the mid focus EQ after the Amp section. When I get something worthy I'll post it here.

Turn the gain up? ;) I make all my patches for quad tracking, meaning less gain. Once you have 4 tracks there is plenty of gain.

Reaction score
Turn the gain up? ;) I make all my patches for quad tracking, meaning less gain. Once you have 4 tracks there is plenty of gain.

Lol, then there's the answer. Never tried quad tracking though I always do dual tracking. I guess I aim for that sound, but I could give it a try some day.

Now that you mention it, would it give good results to quad track with dual amp stereo patches? (Like one over the other more than left-right if you know what I mean)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Lol, then there's the answer. Never tried quad tracking though I always do dual tracking. I guess I aim for that sound, but I could give it a try some day.

Now that you mention it, would it give good results to quad track with dual amp stereo patches? (Like one over the other more than left-right if you know what I mean)

I'm not too sure. I only use single amp patches with two hard left and two hard right. I haven't even been blending different tones together anymore. I just use two different guitars instead.

Latest posts

')