Reaction score
Hey guys,

just purchased a HD PRO few days ago, and I've got it hooked up to two KRK Rokit 5s. The problem I'm having is the low A string on my 7 sounds really loose and unfocused.

I followed MF Kitten's tutorial and various others on youtube, and theyy all sound great so it has to be something from my end.

Did I setup my monitors incorrectly or bad monitors or something? Thanks!

Google meambobbo tone guide. It might help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eastguitar

Reaction score
Hi friends!!

This is a new guitar tone test... I recorded with Line6 POD HD Pro.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/estebansoto/periphery-new-snu-cover-guitar[/SC]

Thanks!

DingmanHardman

Reaction score
After long hours of tweaking and dicking around, i finally landed on a nice patch for metalcorey stuff on my 6 string esp ltd viper 2005 with the emgs switched around so that the 85 is in the bridge. check it out! \m/

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/joseph-wolf-1/new-pod-hd-engl-tone[/sc]

WiLD

Reaction score
Alright guys so I picked up a pod hd500 and as this is my first amp modeler... I'm completely clueless on how to set this thing up. I've got it hooked up to my computer via usb and downloaded all the updates and stuff, and my guitar going to the guitar in. The part I'm a little confused about is that I kinda have no way to hear my guitar. I usually use headphones but I also have some generic computer speakers but it doesn't seem like there's a way to connect them to the POD, so is it possible to use them with the pod or do I have to have a pair of powered monitors in order to listen? Also is it possible to record while also hearing what I'm playing at the same time? I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious but as someone who knows absolutely nothing about this stuff I'm pretty clueless. Thanks for any help in advance.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Alright guys so I picked up a pod hd500 and as this is my first amp modeler... I'm completely clueless on how to set this thing up. I've got it hooked up to my computer via usb and downloaded all the updates and stuff, and my guitar going to the guitar in. The part I'm a little confused about is that I kinda have no way to hear my guitar. I usually use headphones but I also have some generic computer speakers but it doesn't seem like there's a way to connect them to the POD, so is it possible to use them with the pod or do I have to have a pair of powered monitors in order to listen? Also is it possible to record while also hearing what I'm playing at the same time? I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious but as someone who knows absolutely nothing about this stuff I'm pretty clueless. Thanks for any help in advance.

First: read the manual. After that you'll have 350 pages of useful discussion on this forum :p

The Pod has 1/4 jack outputs, most generic computer speakers are connected to the computer with a 3.5mm jack. So just buy a 1/4 to 3.5mm converter to hook it up. Use the headphone output of the Pod while using computer speakers.

To hear yourself while recording is called direct monitoring. When you use the Pod as an audio interface (you need to install the correct drivers and all, select it in your DAW), you set the Pod for audio playback. When you plug in your headphones or whatever, all audio will be played over them, also that what you are playing while recording.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
After long hours of tweaking and dicking around, i finally landed on a nice patch for metalcorey stuff on my 6 string esp ltd viper 2005 with the emgs switched around so that the 85 is in the bridge. check it out! \m/

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/joseph-wolf-1/new-pod-hd-engl-tone[/sc]

Really interesting sound with the pups switched. I also think I have that Unearth shirt hahah.

DingmanHardman

Reaction score
Really interesting sound with the pups switched. I also think I have that Unearth shirt hahah.

haha thanks dude! I think i prefer the 85 a tad bit more in the bridge, seems like it's a little more "open" sounding and beefier. and yeah man, i can't wait for Unearth's new album. I bet it's gonna be killer! :hbang:

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I got my HD500X yesterday and had some hours fiddling around with it today. I managed to dial in a good patch, based on my go-to patch on my X3.

I was editing in HD500X Edit, I kind of wonder what the the DT rack does. I've been flicking some switches on it, but it didn't seem to affect my tone whatsoever. I also haven't noticed the feature on my pod's lcd, so can anyone explain about it?

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
I got my HD500X yesterday and had some hours fiddling around with it today. I managed to dial in a good patch, based on my go-to patch on my X3.

I was editing in HD500X Edit, I kind of wonder what the the DT rack does. I've been flicking some switches on it, but it didn't seem to affect my tone whatsoever. I also haven't noticed the feature on my pod's lcd, so can anyone explain about it?

It's for use with the Line 6 DT amps. Doesn't do anything unless it's connected to one.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Here's something I threw together to test some more tones.

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/kane-wolf/mix-practice[/sc]

MartinMTL

Reaction score
Hello fellow POD users!

I use an HD Pro and need to make a patch which resembles some stringed instruments (cello/violin) as closely as I can, but I am not sure where to start. Any suggestions? Already existing patches I can download? Presets that already exist on the Pod which are good for tweaking?

Obviously it will sound digital, I am well aware of that, but for my uses, that is not very important.

Anybody?

MitchellJBurgess

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy one of these magical devices!
The PRO to be exact.
Would this be sensible if I'm looking for great clarity and fullness in my dj0ntz and cleans?

I'm looking for basically every tone Dream Theater has.
Periphery type stuff
Tesseract style cleans
Soaring Polyphia style leads

Would this be available with this device?

KaOaRoN

Reaction score
Recently got my HD 500 and was going to use it for a noise suppressor/compressor, would it be worth it going the 4 cable method, or would it work just using it in front of the amp?

WiLD

Reaction score
Anyone have tips on how to improve signal to noise ratio? I'm using reaper to record and the waveforms are all pretty tiny and uniform pretty much like a straight line that's the same thickness the whole time I'm playing, I'm assuming this isn't really normal. Using active emg 81/85-7's if that matters

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy one of these magical devices!
The PRO to be exact.
Would this be sensible if I'm looking for great clarity and fullness in my dj0ntz and cleans?

I'm looking for basically every tone Dream Theater has.
Periphery type stuff
Tesseract style cleans
Soaring Polyphia style leads

Would this be available with this device?

You can achieve that, but it takes time and will to learn how to use this tool. It's really complex as they say.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Anyone have tips on how to improve signal to noise ratio? I'm using reaper to record and the waveforms are all pretty tiny and uniform pretty much like a straight line that's the same thickness the whole time I'm playing, I'm assuming this isn't really normal. Using active emg 81/85-7's if that matters

Are you monitoring it on your computer? If it's coming in fine through your speakers but not working in Reaper, the problem is the routing or your track preferences.

Reaction score

Are you using the S/PDIF out or via USB? If you're using the S/PDIF output, in Global Options there's a setting where you can set the output volume. If you're using POD's ASIO drivers, go to Control Panel and enter the settings of the mentioned driver. There must be options of input volume as well as monitoring level. Also, check Reaper's mixer to see if the input is leveled on 0 db.

')