Line 6 POD Studio UX2 with POD Farm

Reaction score
Ok, so Line 6 recently came out with the Line 6 POD Studio UX2 (and UX1) with POD Farm. They are the successors to the Line 6 Toneport (I think).

It looks really cool and for $200 looks like a great computer recording system for beginner newbies such as myself.

Anyone have this already? How is it?

But I heard that you have to buy a lot of effects and amp models, etc etc

Also, I only have an amp with some decent built-in DSP effects. I have no foot effect pedals or anything. So that's another reason I want something like this, so I can add a lot of effects and add drums and bass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i love my toneport ux1, its a great piece of hardware. i only have 2 packs, the metal pack and fx junkie, but i think they have specials where you can get better pricing on the packs... i've never felt the urge to upgrade past what i have though.

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
if you go to amazon you can buy ux2 for $140 i bought mine from there brand new for $105. But if you want to record with pod farm you after buy a one of the add ons like metal shop or one of the other ones if you want to record with it.

ugmung

Banned
Reaction score
the new studio's replaced the old Toneport's. i know the Toneport's are cool toy's, i have one myself. if you want metal tones, you HAVE to buy the Metal Shop add-on, they have alot of great models for everything. my world changed after getting it. but you'll be fine with everything else it comes with.

Reaction score
Do the POD Farm's add-ons make it overall better than the Toneport UX2?

And can you hook up a footswitch to change from one channel/amp/effect or w/e ?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
to my knowledge you can't hook up any footswitches.

also, you have to have the toneport connected to a computer in order to run it, so if you wanted to use it live/take it to jam with someone/whatever, you'd have to bring a laptop or something with you.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
to my knowledge you can't hook up any footswitches.

also, you have to have the toneport connected to a computer in order to run it, so if you wanted to use it live/take it to jam with someone/whatever, you'd have to bring a laptop or something with you.

and then switching patches would blow...

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
haha yeah.

plus with podfarm, i get a big delay between switching patches that use the dual tone feature.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
haha yeah.

plus with podfarm, i get a big delay between switching patches that use the dual tone feature.

thats normal, takes lots of processing power to make that switch... i believe even the pod x3 has an issue like that when using dual amping, because its utilizing both sides of the processor, where when its in single amp mode theres only 1 side being used so it can use the other side to cue up the next patch seamlessly.

')