Line 6 POD UX2 Anyone have experience with it?

• Thread starter Bigsby
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigsby

Nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so i recently posted a thread that i was thinking about getting a podx3 to record guitars bass and vox but then i forgot the ux2 is about 200$ cheaper and i thought that might be a better alternative for the price i mostly play metal but i do like to venture off into blues jazz etc. I have heard bad tones that just sound very fizzy and low quality and i have also heard tones that sound insanely good very full and high quality, so can anyone recommend it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

308sc

Reaction score
I like the ux2, If you get the UX2, you will need the metal pack! which is like 50 dollars more.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
You can get decent metal tones out of the basic pod farm, you can always buy the metal pack afterwards if it's not enough. I own an UX8 and if the preamps are the same quality, go ahead. I use the XLR inputs as I get better results than with the line ins though.
And I have personally given up with podfarm for the tones I'm looking for, even with all the packs as they were coming with the UX8. (Think AJFA)

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score
Yeah I'd say if you don't mind working with VST then go with the UX2. I just got a podx3 and while i love it to death I could still see myself getting the same mix out of a UX2 with pod farm.

Reaction score
I have a UX2 and get pretty much zero latency. I did have some problem with audio dropout when I used it on a laptop but it runs perfectly on this desktop.

Bigsby

Nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I use it on my recordings <_<

get a Ux2 and the metal pack!

you could probably record using a turd and i would love it im a big fan so i think i will get the ux2 and metal shop hopefully i can get it to sound as badass as you do

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
+1 for the ux2, I love that thing!

You can get by without the metal pack, I did for a while, but it's definitely worth spending the extra $50 on. I have never had any problems with latency at all, nor the actual device itself for that matter.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Can you use the UX2 as a modeler without being connected to a computer? Will it continue to use the last settings?

Ray

')