Line 6 Spider III Tones

• Thread starter Ocara-Jacob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Right now, I'm stuck with a Line 6 Spider III, and while some of the presents are alright, I can't seem to get the tone I really want out of it. Do you guys have any settings suggestions? I'm looking for a tone that'll be good for progressive metal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
When I used to use one I ran a tube screamer in front on the insane channel, gain turned way down, treble lowered, and mids raised a bit. I found the insane channel to be the best overall, the metal channel was always too boomy, though the treble can reach ice-pick levels on insane.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Those problems are exactly the ones I am having. For now, I am using the Metal channel with the treble ALL the way up, the bass on 2, and the mids on about 6.

Edit: I found a solution. The green Metal LED, otherwise known as "Spinal Puppet". It has all of the intensity of the Red Insane channel without the ice pick qualities.
It also cuts through the mix really well.

Reaction score
I used the Spider 3 for a couple of years, not really getting into guitar that much honestly. after all the tampering i did when i started getting serious, i found that the best tone in my opinion was to take the meshuggah setting and turn down the mids a pinch and put the delay on a fery fast tempo with it barely noticeable. and reverb up a pinch. recording was freaking gold with that. but my friend broke it before i could get into any live shows with it, so i cant saw anything aside from recording and bedroom jamming with it.

')