Line 6 Tone Port UX2?

• Thread starter mizfi7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
How would I connect a Line 6 Tone Port UX2 to my laptop. I have a Dell Isperon E1705 if that helps.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
thanks cause i thought it would have to be midi and i did a google search and only uk site came up so thanks.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure you install your software BEFORE plugging it in, also. It should actually prompt you to plug the unit in at some point, and then it'll recognize and continue installation.

After you finish installing the hardware and most/all of the software, you should reset and run "Line 6 Monkey" to update all your software and drivers. After all your updates are complete, you might want to restart one last time before you start trying to use the unit.

Good luck. :wavey:

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
instead of starting a nother thread, can you use other guitar effect software with ux2 like guitar rig 3 and others/

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
^The UX2 serves as a guitar interface, and you will be able to use software amp modeling like Guitar Rig et al programs through it:yesway:

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
I thought pod farm came with this only gear box came with it? Gear box runs fine but guitar rig 3 doesnt make any noise?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I thought pod farm came with this only gear box came with it? Gear box runs fine but guitar rig 3 doesnt make any noise?

download and install pod farm then. guitar rig 3? why would you use your toneport with guitar rig 3 in the first place? its not meant to do that anyways.

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
I like the set up guitar rig 3 has. You have to pay for pod farm i thouhgt it just came with it.

also when i go to update the line 6 monkey it doesnt have my model on it. What gives.

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
I think only the newer tone ports come with POD Farm. My friend just got it for christmas and it is quite nice, just don't use the shitty DAW that comes with it, the interface is terrible in my opinion. I taught everyone in my band how to use Cubase :lol:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I think only the newer tone ports come with POD Farm. My friend just got it for christmas and it is quite nice, just don't use the shitty DAW that comes with it, the interface is terrible in my opinion. I taught everyone in my band how to use Cubase :lol:

my toneport ux1 came with gearbox, and i was able to upgrade to podfarm for free. i think the OP just doesn't know where to find it...

Line 6

for windows xp and vista.

mizfi7

Shreddin it up!
Reaction score
thanks dude i was trying to find that since you said you got it for free. you are the shizz.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
I bought my Toneport UX1, and Pod Farm was a free download. Just go here: Line 6

You won't get the platinum version, but still, it's cool.

Pod Farm, though, is essentially the Gearbox with a different look and "dual tone" stuff, at least I think.

Also, I have all the model packs, and everything transferred, so I think I essentially have Pod Farm Premium, though there might be something else.

NOTE: You'll have to sign in, I think.

')