Line 6 Toneport Problem

• Thread starter DaveCarter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
My GX works fine in Cubase, but whenever I unplug it I get a Blue Screen of Death followed by an automatic reboot. Even if I switch the ASIO driver back to the usual one and close Cubase and Gearbox before I unplug it!! The Line 6 site didnt have anything on this...help anyone?? Thanks!! :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
have you tried stopping it in the add/remove hardware(or whatever its called) button in the system tray by the clock? i'd try that and see if you get the same results. it might not even be toneport related, who knows, it could be related to your motherboards usb controller and/or northbridge...

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Cheers everyone!! The Toneport doesnt actually appear in the Safely Remove Hardware bit, its only in the device setup in cubase, which is where I unselect it from. I'll try finding the windows device manager and see if i have any luck....

EDIT: I used the Toneport again today and managed to find it in Device Manager (Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager for any fellow n00bs who find this!!), you'll find it under sound devices, right-click on it and disable. The green light goes out and you can unplug it without the blue screen and reset, yay!! :D

')