Line in on laptop problems

Reaction score
Today I tried to record some stuff through my amp into my line in on my laptop.I have a Compaq Presario with Windows Vista SP1. Yeah I know DI recording sucks, but its my only option right now. But when I tried recording it would sound fine for like 3 seconds and then get real quiet. I thought it was Reaper so I tried it on Audacity and it did the same thing. I figured maybe it was my amp. I was going through the headphones jack on my Spider IV 75 watt. So I tried through my old DigiTech RP90 and same thing. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or do I have to just save up for an interface and mic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I use my DigiTech RP250 as a USB interface (I think the 150 would work too, not sure if anything cheaper will). The Line in on my laptop has never worked well enough to record music at all.

Reaction score
I use my DigiTech RP250 as a USB interface (I think the 150 would work too, not sure if anything cheaper will). The Line in on my laptop has never worked well enough to record music at all.
How do you plug your 150 into your computer?

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
^He doesn't have it, he just said the 150 probably has a USB port you can use to hook it up to your computer. A couple different entry-level FX processors have this feature nowadays.

Sippin40oz

Reaction score
have you tried reinstalling the audio drivers for your Compaq Presario? worth giving a go!

troyguitar

Reaction score
How do you plug your 150 into your computer?

They connect via USB and stream the audio over that. Mine works perfectly with no latency or noise issues. Line 6 has stuff that works the same way (tone ports I think) but they only work with the computer.

Reaction score
i tried recording this way on my laptop also and it recorded sound and everything but it would be like a split second after I played the not so it would have been hard to do layers of guitar tracks

')