Line-in Recording Problems

MonkeyWorldUK

Reaction score
Hello, this seems like a nice community to ask for help as I've had this problem for a while now, and I've had quite enough of it. :)

I have a problem recording guitar from my amp (marshal mgdfx50) to my laptop, using CEP 2.0.

The problem is that as soon as I have the Line-in connected from the amp to the correct port on the laptop; a regular, cyclic, fuzzy low tone can be heard. This is quietly broadcasting from the amp itself and is also picked up in my recording software, making recording using my amplifier somewhat troublesome and lackluster.

Along with this is a pretty dreary static background noise, which is very hard to filter out in post processing.

I must mention that this has only occured since I acquired a new laptop, I used to record all the time without any problems on the old one.

Not sure what model laptop this is either, as it was given to me under the warranty of my old one, and is as such a refurbished model.

Any help at all on the matter will be most appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.