Line-In stopped working...

• Thread starter MajorJohnson931
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MajorJohnson931

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post on these forums, Ultimate Guitar is a bit immature so here I am.

I have my setup like this.

Guitar--->Amp--->1/4 to 1/8 adapter into sound card

In audacity, I would record from the line-in and it would work fine, but now it doesn't work.:wallbash: It still works from the microphone jack, but that sounds like crap so i'd rather use the line-in. Anyone have any ideas? I have one of the higher-end Creative Audigy 2 soundcards.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Do any other sources work with the line in, or is the input on the card disabled?

What output from your amp are you running into the line in? Keep in mind that a sound card's line in isn't meant to take a direct out from your amp - if you're sending a hot signal into your sound card (Eg: a speaker out, poweramp out) it's quite possible that you cooked the input itself.

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
ouch dude ... i think what chris said might be your issue. i took the "line out" from my jsx head into the inputs of my m-audio fw410 and it's a good thing i was echoing the input because the signal coming in was hellaciously loud and screaming. i didn't cook it though, but i removed it real quick.

question ... what kind of amp and which output exactly?

MajorJohnson931

Reaction score
ouch dude ... i think what chris said might be your issue. i took the "line out" from my jsx head into the inputs of my m-audio fw410 and it's a good thing i was echoing the input because the signal coming in was hellaciously loud and screaming. i didn't cook it though, but i removed it real quick.

question ... what kind of amp and which output exactly?

i have a peavey valveking 112 and im using the external speaker jack...

well that sucks if i fried it... i never had the volume too high though.:ugh:

')