Line6 POD HD (bean) or Digitech RP360?

• Thread starter mnit1965
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnit1965

Reaction score
I want to buy a modeller to practice/jamming alone at home, at night, with headphones. Occasionally I might use it for recording some ideas, but again, just for fun and not to send to record companies (I just play guitar for a hobby ;) ).

I can get the POD HD bean (new) for about 270 Euros and the Digitech RP360 (also new) for about 100 Euros.

I don't "need" 100% accurate modelling that sounds just like the real thing (so Axe and Kemper are completely overkill and out of my price range), but I would love to have the best possible amp models sounds and effects for my budget (no more than 300 Euros).

I play mainly metal (80's thrash metal, 7 string stuff, shred, etc.), so good high gain sounds are a must. Also, good cleans and good dirty/blues sounds would be extremely welcomed for my "clean" guitars.

There's not that much videos of the RP360, and some reviews says that the distortion models lack a bit... But it's cheap and has lot of stuff (amp models and effects) going under this little box.

So, what's your opinion for those who tried both? Will I better server with the POD HD, are the POD's models way better than the ones on the Digitech? Better spend the money on the POD or is the RP360 really a great bargain?

Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
get the pod man. iv not played the rp360 but i have played other models of the rp line and they always felt......cheap. exactly what you expect out of a cheap unit. to me it seems like the pod would sound better and that tends to "want" to play more.

UncurableZero

Reaction score
I've had an RP255, there isn't much of a difference to the 360. I have since replaced it with a PODxt and couldn't be happier. Definitely get the POD HD if you can. I have compared Digitech units to my PODxt and a POD HD300 and the differences are very noticeable. Digitech have been repackaging the same amp models for 10 years, they're not that bad for a cheap unit, but don't compare to newer PODs at all in my opinion.

mnit1965

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies!

So, it's a RP360 a "repackaging" of an older model, in a prettier box, basically, being the POD HD Amp models clearly superior, correct?

You get what you pay for, then...

Reaction score
I used to have a pod hd bean but upgraded to the pro. It's a nice unit and it will suit your needs just fine.

Ive been using the pod on all my recordings and I keep finding new ways to tweak it/make better patches. USB recording is super easy!

Here's a few of my demos as reference http://karoshiband.bandcamp.com/

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Been looking at buying the Rp360 myself. Not so much for the modeling, which I would use, but mainly for the built in drum beats.

Does the Pod Hd (bean) have built in drum beats?

bgao13

Reaction score
Love the POD HD bean. Really easy and intuitive to use and super convenient with its USB interface. So much versatility in tones and has quite good high gain sounds. Would definitely recommend. Havent used the rp360.

Check out my video for a tone test.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2BDFAA8yDU

')