Line6 Pod HD. Need help.

• Thread starter TheHumanMeat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheHumanMeat

Reaction score
I had my pod hd desktop on a music stand last week and it fell over with the input jacks in it. I pick it up and notice it doesn't receive a signal through the input jack. I turn it off and turn it back on and still nothing. It works perfectly fine. I can make effects and everything with it, but its not receiving a signal. At this point I notice that the input jack is loose.

g410ZpA.jpg

I unscrew the back and pop it open to see that this component is loose.

ttPlGVW.jpg

Here it is from the side. You can see that its not down all the way compared to the next image of the output jack.

eFc8Xn2.jpg

m5XVOt1.jpg

I cant be the only one who has ever dropped this thing and that happened. I would really like some advice on how to fix it or if it can be fixed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Man, you're half way on fixing it yourself. Do you know how to solder with stain? The jack is probably fine (Unless it was a real hard hit), you just need to re-solder the loose pins to the board. The only thing you need to take care of is not to over solder (like 'glue' other rails/connectors) and not to put the solder tip too much time cause it could burn the board.

TheHumanMeat

Reaction score
Hmmm. I've never soldered before. Would it be an easy task for someone who has never done it? Or would it be cheap if I had someone else do it?