Line6 UX2 pod studio problems..

• Thread starter adamp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adamp

Reaction score
I have just recently bought a new pod studio ux2 (the newer model) from the local music store, after using a guitar port for years, and am starting to regret it. I am not having any issues in pod farm or gearbox, but rather while just listening to audio (youtube, itunes, etc). When I am listening to music or watching videos on youtube, the audio will randomly cut out in the middle of a song or video. Upon unplugging/plugging in the usb cable, the clip lights beside both meters will flash, and my computer will no longer detect the unit. When I go into hardware/sound and try to disable the ux2 and re-enable it, the sound settings window stops responding and I have to force close. It seems to affect the volume settings program and also freezes up firefox if I am watching a video when it happens.

The only thing that fixes the problem is closing everything I am doing and re-booting the computer. 90% of the time the computer wont even shut-down and I end up having to hold the power button to reset it.

I have tried everything line6 says to solve the issue (adjust the latency in the driver settings, leave everything unplugged except for the ux2, tweak windows performance settings, try different usb ports, etc), and all of my drivers are up to date. Im at a loss with this thing! My guess is it is most likely an issue with windows 7 that line6 is yet to address.:scratch:

Computer is an acer aspire laptop, windows 7 64bit, intel core i3 350m, 4g ram, 600g hd. Running mozilla firefox.

Is anybody else having the same problem with newer line 6 products on windows vista/7 os? I have replaced it once already, thinking it was a hardware issue, with no change. If I cant fix it this time I think I am giong to look into a different interface.

Thanks for reading and any responses are greatly appreciated!:yesway:

-Adam

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SSK0909

Reaction score
Have you tried installing Line 6 Mokey and doing updates through it?

Have you tried adjusting buffer size?

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
I have a UX8 and had all sorts of issues with windows 7. There were audio drop outs, pops, and clicks during play back and recording. I tried everything imaginable but ended up just going to a dual boot system with my recording software on the drive with XP. Hopefully there is a more compatible driver released in the future. You can also go to the Line 6 forum and have them start a "support ticket" but you can imagine how good their support is :squint: Good luck.

adamp

Reaction score
Have you tried installing Line 6 Mokey and doing updates through it?

Have you tried adjusting buffer size?

Yes, Have tried this, no change. The driver for the ux2 is current.
I have a UX8 and had all sorts of issues with windows 7. There were audio drop outs, pops, and clicks during play back and recording. I tried everything imaginable but ended up just going to a dual boot system with my recording software on the drive with XP. Hopefully there is a more compatible driver released in the future. You can also go to the Line 6 forum and have them start a "support ticket" but you can imagine how good their support is :squint: Good luck.

Yeah I have tried the line 6 support forum, what a help that was haha. Maybe what I will do is run a dual boot system until line6 gets their shit together, seeing as xp actually works. I really like the pod interface for the fact that you can get a half decent tone out of it on a budget. Not sure what else I would use to practice/record from another brand around the same price range.

SSK0909

Reaction score
I ran my old Ux2 on Win 7 for 6 months with no problems. It's pretty weird, wish I could help mate :(

Reaction score
there may be a beta solution on the website, that worked for me but im on a mac..

RebellionRS

Reaction score
I have just recently bought a new pod studio ux2 (the newer model) from the local music store, after using a guitar port for years, and am starting to regret it. I am not having any issues in pod farm or gearbox, but rather while just listening to audio (youtube, itunes, etc). When I am listening to music or watching videos on youtube, the audio will randomly cut out in the middle of a song or video. Upon unplugging/plugging in the usb cable, the clip lights beside both meters will flash, and my computer will no longer detect the unit. When I go into hardware/sound and try to disable the ux2 and re-enable it, the sound settings window stops responding and I have to force close. It seems to affect the volume settings program and also freezes up firefox if I am watching a video when it happens.

The only thing that fixes the problem is closing everything I am doing and re-booting the computer. 90% of the time the computer wont even shut-down and I end up having to hold the power button to reset it.

I have tried everything line6 says to solve the issue (adjust the latency in the driver settings, leave everything unplugged except for the ux2, tweak windows performance settings, try different usb ports, etc), and all of my drivers are up to date. Im at a loss with this thing! My guess is it is most likely an issue with windows 7 that line6 is yet to address.:scratch:

Computer is an acer aspire laptop, windows 7 64bit, intel core i3 350m, 4g ram, 600g hd. Running mozilla firefox.

Is anybody else having the same problem with newer line 6 products on windows vista/7 os? I have replaced it once already, thinking it was a hardware issue, with no change. If I cant fix it this time I think I am giong to look into a different interface.

Thanks for reading and any responses are greatly appreciated!:yesway:

-Adam
I have the same problem.
I'm using line6 pod studio ux2, pod farm version 2.02, on win 7.
a new computer, recently bought.

Hope that there will be an update soon, from line6 to sort of this problems...

Reaction score
uninstall monkey and dont use it

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
bought a new pod studio ux2

I found the problem :cool:

.....but in all seriousnes Line6 Monkey has always been an issue ridden program since day 1. Your best bet is to contact them directly with your specific computer information and they'll let you know what to do.