Liquifire/crunch lab 7 vs sentient/pegasus

Fenrir88

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some pups for prog metal with some versatility. I'm thinking something like the dM liquifire/ crunch lab or SD sentient / pegasus. Does someone knows of some comparison made between these? Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Dude the Sentient/Pegasus aren't even out in stores yet. Wait for them, have patience.

Fenrir88

Reaction score
One additional thing, I see the LiquiFire 7 in this set is meant to be on neck, but the spacings I see on the DiMarzio website for 7string humbuckers are all the same: 2.412 which is around 61.2mm. Shouldn't it be between 56-60mm? I might be wrong since I'm pretty new to measures and maybe I'm seeing the wrong numbers..

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
One additional thing, I see the LiquiFire 7 in this set is meant to be on neck, but the spacings I see on the DiMarzio website for 7string humbuckers are all the same: 2.412 which is around 61.2mm. Shouldn't it be between 56-60mm? I might be wrong since I'm pretty new to measures and maybe I'm seeing the wrong numbers..

I'm not sure about other pickup measurements, but I'm pretty sure that all the 7 string pickups by dimarzio are the same dimensions, they don't differentiate between spacings on the bridge like on 6 string versions.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score

7 string humbuckers all have the same measurements. This is because their is only one string spacing size. On regular guitars, you want both pickups to match the bridge type as well, so anything with a Floyd or Fender spacing gets the same spaced pickups in any position.

It's a common misconception that only the bridge pickup should have different spacing, but erroneous all the same.

Camer138

Reaction score
Even though I have only played the CL and LF I'm going to recommend trying the duncans.. I like the LF but the CL didn't do much for me.. and I want to hear as many opinions on these new pickups as possible :D

')