Listen to Maudlin of the Well!

Jesse Zuretti

Composer /// Guitar/Orchestra @Daath
Reaction score
As much as I appreciate the violin parts that begin a few of the songs on the newest recording, it's the full band sections that just obliterate everything I know about genre-ism. These guys are true geniuses.

Toby Driver & the Asian violinist had sex all over my bassists apartment. Trumpet player for Kayo Dot was a true gent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
I loved Kayo Dot, I'll have to give this a listen. Aura On an Asylum Wall has to be some of my favourite music ever...

in-pursuit

Reaction score
yeah, we all knew it but didn't want to believe it. I'm gonna have to get into some more MOTW again, it's been a while now. too long.

BloodMusic

Banned
Reaction score
Last minute motW BLACK FRIDAY sale to USA only! Blood Music will offer on 11/25 the one-time limited offer of FREE SHIPPING to USA! This will last from 8AM (EST) to MIDNIGHT (EST) on Friday only.

We were able to get a great deal on shipping just for this day. Apologies to people living anywhere else, we just got lucky here.

We have less than 15 copies remaining, this may sell us out.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
New Kayo Dot album is coming in a little over a week, entitled Gamme Knife. Sweet.

BloodMusic

Banned
Reaction score
Ralyks, they are gone. We will have a very limited run of the LP's in black vinyl only in gatefolds (no box, no extras). These should be available around late-January.

--

Additionally,

Quick note to mention that we just picked up rights to re-release the long out-of-print Bath and Leaving Your Body Map in limited edition CD packages with a few extra never-before-released bonus songs.

Also, the previously never-before-released Part the Second CD.

These will come in limited runs of 250 copies only.

Proceeds from the agreement are going towards funding the final mixing stages of Kayo Dot's new album "Gamma Knife."

Repner

Reaction score
Why limited though? It's very hard to get into the back catalogue of this amazing band. Why don't they keep them in print, or at the very least put them on iTunes?

BloodMusic

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Repner,

The answer is multi-layered. As to why they've been out of print up until now, I can't fully answer.

The reason we are limiting is because our release schedule focuses almost solely on vinyl and financing metal cultural projects. We decided to try to pick these up to make fans happy who were upset during our motW vinyl box release that they don't own record players. Our sole mission is not to act as a record label with 1000's of copies on hand. We just aim to releasing important records that are unavailable.

BloodMusic

Banned
Reaction score
DLG,

We will have a few unreleased motW tracks on here, as well Part the Second which has never been released on CD! Pre-order to go live in early March, CD's will be shipping in early April.

BloodMusic

Banned
Reaction score
Got ~100 of each CD left for pre-order!

Blood Music

cds-front.jpg

cds-front2.jpg

cds-inside.jpg

cds-reverse.jpg

BloodMusic

Banned
Reaction score
All pre-orders were shipped... including LPs, it was almost 1000 records!

We are down to our last small boxes of these CDs. There are only 28 copies of "Part the Second" left!

"Bath" and "LYBM" trail only a few copies behind.

BloodMusic

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Weimat,

At this point, I would say no. But, I'm not sure what will happen in 5+ years. There are no plans to repress Bath/Leaving Your Body Map/Part the Second on vinyl. I would doubt ever seeing that box set, sorry to say.

This was the way Toby wanted the albums released, in any case.

BTW -- there are only 5 copies of Part the Second left on CD. 13 of LYBM. 14 of Bath.

"My Fruit Psychobells" will get a CD re-release later this year. As well, "The Secret Song" mCD will get an ultra-limited re-release.

Weimat01

Reaction score
Hey Weimat,

At this point, I would say no. But, I'm not sure what will happen in 5+ years. There are no plans to repress Bath/Leaving Your Body Map/Part the Second on vinyl. I would doubt ever seeing that box set, sorry to say.

This was the way Toby wanted the albums released, in any case.

BTW -- there are only 5 copies of Part the Second left on CD. 13 of LYBM. 14 of Bath.

"My Fruit Psychobells" will get a CD re-release later this year. As well, "The Secret Song" mCD will get an ultra-limited re-release.
Already ordered the cd's. Can't wait!

')