Listen to my 42 minute EP! (FREE) - instrumental prog-metal/fusion/djent/post-rock

• Thread starter prh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Omega Experiment

Reaction score
Great stuff man. I believe we talked on FB a bit...or llinked each other or something hahaha. Yeah man, I am down for collabs...I love that shit, so if interested hit me up on FB.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
So when dl'ing, what offers the best audio for use with my Itunes/Ipod?

I've been trying to spread the word about this a bit too prh, you deserve it mang :yesway:

awesome!!! i think ALAC is your best bet, its lossless just like FLAC but itll play on your ipod without you having to convert it, plus you can always convert it to mp3 later if you want to keep the size down.

I've finally gotten around to giving this a listen, and I love it. Listening to the very first track confirmed that I need to buy this, ASAFP. :hbang:

thanks man!

Just finishing my first listen through of your EP bro and it's wonderful. Send this to companies you'd like to be endorsed by. You've inspired me as well as others here, you have much to be proud of.

What are the specs of the computer you used to record this with?

Again, wonderful and inspirational piece of work. 5/5 !!!

Keep it coming!

cheers man! i would love to get endorsed, not really sure how to go about it though, i think its probably more of a 'they come to you' thing :D compy is a 21.5" imac, 4GB ram and 3.06GHz intel core 2 duo. nothing too flashy but i havent had any real performance issues (although the track Pastures was getting laggy as hell running 2 tracks with 1GB Superior patches each and like 20 tracks with guitar rig and reverbs and compressors haha)

I want to try and pic some of this stuff out, so what tuning(s) are you using prh? I'll be playing on an Ibby 6er too :mrburns:

sweet dude! everythings in D standard with the low string dropped to different things in certain tracks, so its DGCFAD, except: the low string is tuned to A in Noodle, C in Noodle 3, but standard in everything else. although some of the parts in Django are drop D and the end of Pastures is drop G (i think) id love to see your take on some parts of it and if you need help just lemme know!

Great stuff man. I believe we talked on FB a bit...or llinked each other or something hahaha. Yeah man, I am down for collabs...I love that shit, so if interested hit me up on FB.

thanks again man, a collab would be nuts! :eek: ill definintely be in touch some time soon!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe I missed this. Great stuff mate!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
little shameless bump here, but since its been out a bit over a month now, ive been wondering and would love to know if any one has any favourite tracks/least favourite tracks/comments/criticism?!

and thanks again to everyone whos been listening, there have been just shy of 17000 plays of the songs as of today, just on the bandcamp site! (not counting all the plays by people who bought/downloaded copies!!)

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I'm having again another listen on this EP to answer your question. Sorry, but my bank account has been on 0.33€ for few months now, so I still haven't bought it. Will buy ASAP, believe me. :lol:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
little shameless bump here, but since its been out a bit over a month now, ive been wondering and would love to know if any one has any favourite tracks/least favourite tracks/comments/criticism?!

and thanks again to everyone whos been listening, there have been just shy of 17000 plays of the songs as of today, just on the bandcamp site! (not counting all the plays by people who bought/downloaded copies!!)

I was listenting to this again today. I don't have any favourites as the whole thing is absolutely perfect and I only listen to it in its entirety :lol: The acoustic riffing in Noodle 2 and the riff at 2:22 in Noodle 1 are absolutely glorious though :bowdown:
I thank you for making it available for free, and apologise for not having bought it yet. It's on my list of about 10 albums to buy though, and will end up in my library :)
Congratulations on so many plays. If you don't mind answering, how many copies have you sold? Also, is there any chance that physical copies may be available in the future?

I have a question about the production. I don't know how you heard this in your head and what your goal sound was. Something I love about this EP is the production and how it sounds more natural than metal. There's a lot of riffs or general moments in there that I can compare musically to Animals As Leaders/Haunted Shores etc, and that if I were recording would have gone for their sound without a second thought, but the production here is nowhere near as 'in your face'. Much more natural drum sounds, 'weaker' (not a bad thing) guitar, etc. Was this intentional or were you actually going for a fuller more metal sound?
Whatever it may be, it's perfect and I encourage you to keep your sound the same :agreed:

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Congratulations on so many plays. If you don't mind answering, how many copies have you sold? Also, is there any chance that physical copies may be available in the future?

I have a question about the production. I don't know how you heard this in your head and what your goal sound was. Something I love about this EP is the production and how it sounds more natural than metal. There's a lot of riffs or general moments in there that I can compare musically to Animals As Leaders/Haunted Shores etc, and that if I were recording would have gone for their sound without a second thought, but the production here is nowhere near as 'in your face'. Much more natural drum sounds, 'weaker' (not a bad thing) guitar, etc. Was this intentional or were you actually going for a fuller more metal sound?
Whatever it may be, it's perfect and I encourage you to keep your sound the same :agreed:

thank you!! i wont say the number of sales but it is way more than i expected/hoped for! that said its not enough to fund me buying an axefx ;) and most peoples' fulltime jobs pay better per week probably haha. but for my first release, especially in todays internet-music saturated world, im still very stoked!!

as for the sound, i was really just doing the best i could and getting as close to what i hear in my head as possible. i love haunted shores/AAL production and wish i could get close to that, but for my own stuff my ideal sound would be closer to dream theater, huge and epic but more natural and fat sounding than mechanically sharp tones. so i guess it was sort of intentional and sort of just what happened :lol:

apiss

Reaction score
DAT LEAD TONE :yum:

I just love the way the pick attack sounds!

Kudos, man!

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply :)
I was just listenting again, and I've decided there is one major flaw with this EP...
I completely zone out to it until that outro riff from Pastures reminds me it's nearly over, at which point I refresh the page and listen from the top again - but before I know it, there's that same riff again.
I can only conclude that this release is too damn short and we need more, now! :lol:

theclap

Reaction score
Love the leads. Can't tell you how many people I can get to listen to this on a regular basis.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply :)
I was just listenting again, and I've decided there is one major flaw with this EP...
I completely zone out to it until that outro riff from Pastures reminds me it's nearly over, at which point I refresh the page and listen from the top again - but before I know it, there's that same riff again.
I can only conclude that this release is too damn short and we need more, now! :lol:

thanks so much!! more soon definitely. at least another EP if not an album this year!

I'm envious of you. Great work.

thank you!

Love the leads. Can't tell you how many people I can get to listen to this on a regular basis.

please do get them to listen haha!! :cheers:

Cmv120

Reaction score
Hearing this for the first time.... I fucking love you. I hope to be as musically talented as you one day! Maybe I can catch up by the time Im 19 xD Doubt it though, your gonna be the next Tosin Abasi :) Firefly just made me have a child, btw. Ill update with more love once I hear the whole album. :)

Ok Tosin doesn't cut it, by the time youve been playing as long as Vai, youll prolly be better than he is..

danieluber1337

☻☺☻☼☺☻☺
Reaction score
cheers man! i would love to get endorsed, not really sure how to go about it though, i think its probably more of a 'they come to you' thing :D

Just contact folks. Be real with people - show them your music, ask what it takes to get endorsed et cetera..

Iheartmidgetbooty

Recording Studio Idiot
Reaction score
God damnit, Prh...I listened to noodle and life = made. So good. The phrasing is just out of this world!

I'm going to buy very soon! Get you a band going and tour the US! :shred:

')