Live: Munky's APEX200

• Thread starter Petie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Petie

Reaction score
Hey folks. Had a photo pass for the Korn gig last night here in Melbourne so I thought I'd take some close-ups of Munky's APEX200 in addition to the usual band shots. Hope you dig 'em. Unfortunately the photo pit was packed so I couldn't quite get close enough to Head to get similar shots.

munky1.jpeg

munky2.jpeg

munky3.jpeg

munky41.jpeg

munky5.jpeg

munky6.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice shots! Almost looks like you took them at a closed private rehearsal rather than a live show. I have to say though, I'm a little baffled at the interest in Munky's guitars - simply because they're all so very similar. I mean, outside of pickup configuration and colors if you've seen one Apex haven't you seen them all? Not saying that to be a d!ck, just really wondering about the interest in his models.

Rev.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
So bummed that I missed them in Sydney, 1 of the bands on the festival line up I was really looking forward too

Hendog

Reaction score
Great shots. Love that guitar design.

Petie

Reaction score
Thanks folks! I started getting into photography recently because it was like "Well, guitar is now my job as well as my biggest passion, so I'd better find some other non-guitar hobbies so I never get burned out. Now what should I take photos of? OH I KNOW! GUITARS!"

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Excellent shots! Thanks for posting these. Apex200 inbound this summer, I can feel it! :)

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I think the guitar looks nice. I find it interesting that people are calling it "meh" when 90% of Ibanez's stock is nothing more than black super strats. 'Course there's more than just looks to a guitar, and I have no clue on the specs on this thing.

karjim

Set the World Afire
Reaction score
Nice shots,very clear, we can see that's a LACS, so perfectly build...Seeing the specs it's like the perfect RG except maybe for pups (matter of taste) and the price :)
Alder Body
Lo pro Edge
Mapple Wenge
Wish it would be ebony fretboard

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Cool, it's pretty much the same as the 100, only it looks nicer. (IMO) I liked the 100, but visually it was too plain. (Some could argue that grey/red is more plain, but I've just seen/owned one too many guitars with that same burst scheme.) Kinda makes sense that the specs stay the same. After all, it's the dude's signature guitar. It's what he likes and uses to get his signature sound. Why change anything other than the way it looks?

Edit: also, I can't help but laugh at all the 25.5 scale 7's I see. When I first started guitar, I wanted to tune super low and was somehow lead to believe that I'd need a 7 string guitar. I don't know why my simple mind couldn't piece together that the only difference in most of the guitars available commercially was that it had a slot for an extra string, and thus upping string gauge was all I needed.

Latest posts

')