Live(!) Online Lessons

Dommak89

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a lazy bastard. Unfortunately progressing in guitar playing means sitting down and playing (for hours). I have never been good at motivating myself to practice anything and I should be at a different skill level for the years I have been playing. Please don't think I don't love playing guitar, I do, I just hate practicing.
What has worked for me in the past is going somewhere to progress: Going to the gym and improving my health and physique, going to university to get smarter, going to band practice to become a better guitar player etc. etc. All of these things were fun once I went there. What I'm trying to say is that I work best in a commitment.
Recently I started learning a new language via online lessons. I liked the format so much that I though to myself, there must be something similar for guitar.

I know there have been many threads on online lessons, but I don't want to watch a video and do homework, I actually want to have a teacher. Additionally I know what I'd like to work on and I think individual lessons would suit me better. However, there are tons of offers out there and I really don't want to test all of them out.

Has any of you had experience with live online lessons? And how would that work exactly (meaning how would the audio be transmitted)? I have my doubts that with a delay in sound and video this is an effective method, but I'm willing to try.

TL;DR Can anybody recommend me a page or a teacher that offers live online lessons (preferably in EU because of the time difference).

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I have taken online lessons (through Skype) from several different teachers, I have also taught lessons online and it worked out great.
If both parties have fast enough internet it should work fine in terms of audio delay and video quality. However, jamming together like you could during an in-person-lesson won't work on Skype.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuh

Reaction score
Not eurocentric, but dave davidson is worth spending some time with.

Latest posts