LiveOVErdrive's consolidated build thread

• Thread starter LiveOVErdrive
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cnc
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
The farther I get this along the more I want to do a natural finish. But I've got a couple glaringly obvious wood fills in there that might look bad.

Might still do it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Might do a trans finish like this

b03294e4d75673d031483d007b343f4a.jpg

I already have so many blue and green guitars though.

If I stick to the original plan I'll paint it black and shoot blue/green chameleon paint over that.

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
The carving on that is gorgeous!! I would say finish it in anyway that highlights that grain! The pine grain the body is extravagant!

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
You can do the fretboard dying like kiesel does on their color treated FBs.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
nah, don't do the fretboard too, unless the figure is super strong. It just ends up looking cheap if you don't have good figuring ime.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Wasn't happy with my frets so I'm redoing them. This time it is going much better.

IMG_20190319_175249.jpg

This is my first time doing blind ends. Last time I was too generous with my tan nipping. This time I am cutting them JUST to size, I'm gluing them in with pva glue, I'm overbending them beforehand, and I'm seating them by striking the center first. Also I'm using the Jumbo frets I meant to use in stead of the medium ones I used before because I couldn't find the jumbos I had bought the week prior.

Latest posts