Livewire Guitars: Good/bad?

  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rcsierra13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
550
Reaction score
94
Location
Melbourne
Proof of me stating I am no luthier or guitar tech and asking for compensation only for fixing the guitar.

livewire7-2.gif

This is where I raise this issue that for all I know the remuneration could have been paid and I would be none the wiser. I am then responded with the above "I would like to send you a copy... so there's no confusion the claim was denied."

Naturally I sent back asking for it... never once saw it. Nor were any of my other issues addressed and I had my messages ignored yet again.

Below is some of the final correspondence.

I am in no way a saint but how many of you could hold your tongue over a year after receiving a defective guitar, being promised remuneration, not receiving it, having your emails ignored and being told you "bragged" because you posted an NGD?

My "take action" was to contact eBay and try and be able to leave feedback for the transaction to warn others of my experience with Livewire Guitars. Unfortunately as it was outside the period of 6 months of purchasing the guitar I was unable to. Previous to this they had also informed me that I would be unable to lodge in claim through them either.

Livewire8-1.gif

I replied yet again stating the damages and what I wanted done and heard nothing back. I felt having an official report from the Australian Post Office and the USPS stating damage, with pictorial evidence, should have been sufficient.

It got to a point where after having gone through such an ordeal, and Livewire Guitars doing a complete 180 on their promise to remunerate me (see above screenshots and posts) I paid to have the guitar fixed out of my own pocket.

rcsierra13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
550
Reaction score
94
Location
Melbourne
In summation:

1. I received a faulty guitar from an eBay transaction with Livewire Guitars.

2. I notified Livewire Guitars and was promised remuneration.

3. I proved this to the an Australian Post Office official with a physical inspection that damage had been done. A report was written, completed and submitted with photographic evidence.

4. I was kept ill informed as to the progress of the claim and eventually treated hostilely when I insisted on the promised remuneration.

5. Livewire Guitars did not follow through with their promise and I paid to have the guitar repaired myself.

All above points arefacts as exemplified and evidenced in the above screenshots of correspondence with Livewire Guitars

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
156
Reaction score
75
Location
"Cocoa Beach, FL" US
Mr. Southwick,

Please kindly post ALL the emails if you are going to do a FULL summary of the communication. You are only posting those emails that were prior to the claim being denied. Those communications are the earliest and none of those include when I informed you that the claim was denied.

Had you just given me a valid summary of the damage and NOT demanded a FULL refund, we would have gladly worked it out with you. You wanted ALL of your money back and that's not how it works. I tried to offer you replacement parts, whatever you wanted and I still WILL but you have got to be reasonable.

Why are you so willing to send pictures to members of this forum, but you never once sent me the photos of the damage that I requested?

You would have been compensated had you just sent the photos as I requested. How about you send me those pictures and stop trying to trash my reputation. I understand you're just a kid but this is my livelihood. We're supposed to be adults here so why don't you address this issue with me and send over those pictures.

michael@livewireguitars.com

rcsierra13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
550
Reaction score
94
Location
Melbourne
This person bought a guitar from me over a year ago. He claimed there was damage in shipping so I filed an insurance claim. It was denied and so was my appeal. I then received threats from him stating he would be "taking action". This is it I'm guessing. So while he would like to place an attack on my shop and my character, I ask that each of you considering hiring me formulate your opinion of me and my work based on facts and not the ramblings of a dishonest person who made threats to do exactly what hes doing now. I have several emails with this person, an will gladly post them here for all to see. In fact, I have screen shots I saved of him bragging right here about how he was going to get a "free" guitar for his birthday. At one point, another ss.org member even chastised him and stated it was "bad karma" to do what he was doing. This transaction was a nightmare for me and I did everything I could to appease him but the USPS stated there was no visible damage TWICE and I have those copies of the reports as well. I feel I have no other choice but to defend myself as these are out and out LIES. I didn't get where I am today by lying, cheating and stealing. I'm going to post the screen shots right here. OR you could just look them up. They're in HIS own post history.

The only person talking down to someone was HIM, threatening me for not giving him his full refund.....

Here's the messages from August, just one of the lies hes telling......

From: rcsierra13
To: livewireguitars
Subject: rcsierra13 has sent a message
Sent Date: Aug-13-12 23:57:30 PDT

Dear livewireguitars,

I cannot believe that it has been 3 last since you last sent me a reply and close to a year since this transaction took place. This will be the last chance I give you to rectify the situation, as you promised me you would, before I take action.

- rcsierra13

From: livewireguitars
To: rcsierra13
Subject: Re: rcsierra13 has sent a message
Sent Date: Aug-14-12 07:39:36 PDT

Dear rcsierra13,

I don't know why you're threatening me. I did everything I could to help you. The claim was denied twice due to insufficient visible damage. I have no way of knowing for certain exactly what is wrong with the guitar and you have made no effort to prove to me that there was damage. I saw you bragging about the guitar on the forums with no mention of any damage. Why you think threats will get you anywhere I have no idea. You have made no attempt to prove damage. Why don't we start there.

- livewireguitars

I'd first like to know who it is I am conversing with as I have dealt with a number of different people.

- rcsierra13
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

This is the last I heard from him. Had he made ANY attempt to send pictures he would have been compensated. He sent nothing after this. It's just me and my wife here so I don't know where he got that he dealt with several people. Not once have I heard him say that he would like to send pictures. I'm sorry, but in this business there are too many people who attempt to defraud sellers and it is customary to request photos of any damage. He provided nothing. I don't know of anyone who would just give someone 100% of their money AND let them keep the guitar with no proof of damage.

I'll be posting the screen shots in the morning as they're on my computer at work..............

Now I will refute the above post by michael777

1. "I feel I have no other choice but to defend myself as these are out and out LIES"

The evidence above would beg to differ. Not a single word I wrote has been unsubstantiated but illustrated with photographic evidence of the correspondence I have had with Livewire Guitars.

2. "...the ramblings of a dishonest person who made threats... "

I think that everything that I have written has been coherent, chronological and supported up by evidence.

3. "I did everything I could to appease him"

If by that you mean ignoring my emails, accusing me of fraud and refusing to follow through on promises I hate to think what your idea of customer service is.

4. "The only person talking down to someone was HIM, threatening me for not giving him his full refund..... "

Please show me the evidence of demanding a full refund. Let it be shown in the above screen shots that Katie (who stated she was an owner) promised me numerous time that I would be refunded not only the purchase but postage. I have only ever asked for the cost to have the guitar put to the described working order.

After over a year since the initial purchase of the guitar do you think it is unfair for me to make a threat to try and get remunerated for a faulty guitar I bought from YOU?

5. "Here's the messages from August, just one of the lies hes telling......"

Please explain to me how it is a lie that it had been 3 months since you had last responded to one of my emails and over a year since the initial purchase?

Here's the message where I informed him the claim was denied so that was a lie he told as well. He never responded with specifics or photos of the damage, just that he wanted ALL the money for the guitar

So where was this email? Was it the one I posted above that clearly shows me asking why I was only just hearing about the claim denial many months later?

Where were those emails asking for specific photos?

All I wanted was ALL the money? Well the owner Katie promised I would be remunerated many times not just the initial purchase price but the postage as well. So now tell me why is it a shock that I wanted money to fix a broken guitar YOU sent me?

rcsierra13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
550
Reaction score
94
Location
Melbourne
[...]

I think I have unequivocally just proven all you have written as untrue with evidence. Even now that the evidence is apparent you still TRY and refute facts with hearsay.

Where do I demand a full refund? I have no recollection of this. I concede there may be the slightest of all chances I may have (because I am a reasonable person) but I have been through all the emails and found no evidence of this, only me asking for repair costs.

Valid summary of the damage? I did this a number of times. Not only that there was an official report by the Australia Post Office that detailed this. All of this is evidenced in the screen shots.

I have already had the guitar repaired. There is no need for parts. I tried to be reasonable. I am not a guitar tech nor luthier so I thought it a valid option to have a quote done by a tech and have you pay that. This seems like it would have been the fairest option but you chose to ignore my emails and requests.

Just a kid? I mentioned I was young but no I am not a child. I had no intention on ruining your reputation but you seem to have just done that yourself.

Last edited:

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
156
Reaction score
75
Location
"Cocoa Beach, FL" US
Mr. Southwick,

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/175047-ngd-chameleon.html

Your NGD in which you deleted some of your posts. That's ok though because I have screen shots of them (not to mention they're still in quotes when people responded to them). Why if you're so honest, are you deleting your posts? Also, I don't see all this talk about damage, seems like to me you were very happy????

Also, you had some Bareknucles waiting for the guitar, yet you told me you needed the existing pickups fixed??? How does that work??? I just got these from another one of your threads (before you got that guitar)

Why does this seem like you had already planned on swapping out the pickups, yet you claim that there was an "issue" with the existing pickups, not once mentioning you were swapping them out.

I guess that makes sense why you didn't ever send me those pictures I requested OR the luthier bill.

Fullscreencapture10242012100857AM.jpg

I got to your posts months ago and took screen shots before you deleted them this morning (NGD Thread) and have no problems posting those here too. I took screen shots of your posts months ago when I started getting suspicious about your intentions.

I'm done going back and forth with this issue. If yo would like to take it up with me and not demand a full refund we can amicably come up with a resolution.

It doesn't appear (it never has) that you wanted just a partial refund for damages. Why don't you clear that up with me and let me know how much you paid so that this matter can be resolved. Since you said yourself that you're reasonable why don't you make an attempt to resolve the matter with me?

I already posted the email where I asked you to send photos, it's right up at the top beneath your barrage of posts.

I did ask you to send photos which you never did, end of story. Had you done so, you would have received your refund in the amount you paid to fix the damage.

From: livewireguitars
To: rcsierra13
Sent Date: Aug-14-12 07:39:36 PDT

Dear rcsierra13,

I don't know why you're threatening me. I did everything I could to help you. The claim was denied twice due to insufficient visible damage. I have no way of knowing for certain exactly what is wrong with the guitar and you have made no effort to prove to me that there was damage. I saw you bragging about the guitar on the forums with no mention of any damage. Why you think threats will get you anywhere I have no idea. You have made no attempt to prove damage. Why don't we start there.

- livewireguitars

No photos were ever sent. I asked you what you would like for the repairs and you never gave me a specific number. In yet another email, I asked what you would like and and still never got a specific number or copy of a repair bill It seems obvious why you never sent the pictures.......

Despite all this- My goal is customer satisfaction. I waited for specific photos and/or proof of luthier bill and received nothing. Had you just sent the bill over, I would have promptly refunded you.

Despite your obvious attacks, I will still do so as my goal is customer satisfaction. I have over 1000 selling feedbacks on eb@y and 100% positive for a reason and I can promise it's NOT from handling situations as you (Mr. Southwick) would suggest that I do. I wouldn't have gotten very far selling guitars had I done that.

I have sold 100's of guitar to countries all over the world and you and one other AUS are the only ones that I've EVER had a problem with. The other customers guitar never arrived and he received his insurance money promptly after the investigation. I have precluded AUS from my eB@y selling due to the amount of problems with the shipping carrier.

I am extremely busy so if you want to be compensated, please do as I have asked so many times and just send over that bill and/or pictures.

Once again , had you done that to begin with, this would be over long ago.

I'm still doing his despite your NGD post...........................

I'm also still doing this despite the fact that you swapped out those pickups as soon as you got the guitar.......................

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
2,932
Reaction score
656
Location
Memphis, TN
^ smells like great customer service to me. Some people, I tell ya. Hope to start working with you soon on the PAW 7 we've been talking Micheal. You should link your facebook page in your signature & your website after (we, lol) clean it up. :yesway:

rcsierra13

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
550
Reaction score
94
Location
Melbourne
Its late here in Melbourne, Australia, but I will try and address these issues.

If you actually click on the NGD link you posted you will notice that it is still there and I have not altered or deleted anything it is the same NGD. You cannot delete posts, only edit them and when you do edit them it says you have.

I did mention the problems in the initial post:

Unfortunately it didn't arrive in perfect condition, both the volume and tone knobs and pots were not secured properly, there is a slight problem with the pickup selector and the pickups have not been wired accurately as occasionally they give a little electric shock.

I did not mention the specific problems because like I mentioned I am not a luthier nor guitar tech and could not diagnose it properly. I also did not want to bad mouth Livewire because Katie had treated me so extremely kind.

What I assume happened is in shipping something heavy was laid on top of it or it was dropped and the pots and selector area were crushed which caused the troubles.

I just snapped this quickly on my phone but as you can see there are no BKP's in here. I never had any ready to go in, if you read that post you will find that I was asking what covers I should order for the Aftermath set. You will notice your last post is in the background so you cannot refute the pickups are still in there. The pickup at the bottom of the guitar is BKP Holy Diver that I am going to have installed some time soon.

As you can see the tone and volume knobs have been changed due to the damage and I had the pickup selector and the pots replaced when I had the guitar repaired. The kicker is that it only cost me AUD$75 to have it done.

AFA2D266-5232-4E68-A76B-A9B5E0E993A8-21856-00000F122CBECBC8.jpg

Also you keep saying you sent an email asking me for pictures? Please show this to me as I have shown you all this evidence? You ask for proof despite me having done so numerous times and taking the guitar to an official body to be assessed.

I'm not sure why you keep going on saying I want a full refund because there are so many damn screenshots of me saying repair cost. Like this one, read the final sentence :

livewire7-1.jpg

I don't want this money back from you for the repair costs, I have already made peace with it being gone.

What I would like is for you is:

1. To apologise for the way you treated me and the bad communication you kept with me (not Katie, she was lovely).

2. Concede that a promise was made numerous times that I would be reimbursed for not only the original price but postage (as evidenced in the screenshots of our emails)

3. Apologise for calling me a liar and a scammer

Last edited:

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Joined
Jan 14, 2010
Messages
1,169
Reaction score
324
Location
maasbracht, netherlands
only thing I can say is that Livewire guitars has a great customer policy. I think a lot of us would be thankful for such a service. besides, I can´t see any flaws on the guitar. He even offered to send new pods and switching them is very easy. As for the original purpose of this threat: I looked at his work and it looks very nice! good policy as you can read above.

Vicious7

Vegetables
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
558
Reaction score
34
Location
South Haven, MI
I want some green dot action... :yum: might ask Livewire to hook a ninja up.

Looks like Michael's bending over backwards to please you Southwick, consider yourself lucky he's still willing to help you, I'm sure anyone else would've shipped your guitar back with a live snake inside or something. XD

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
156
Reaction score
75
Location
"Cocoa Beach, FL" US
Mr, Southwick,

Let me begin with my deepest apologies that this situation has gotten so out of hand. You cannot however, go around making false statements about how things went down, just to justify your own actions. I offered a fair resolution and all I asked was that you send proof. Which you never did. That is an indisputable fact and the ONLY reason why you never got your refund. Normally I would have sent this in a PM, but since this has been very public, I feel it's only fitting to address the community as a whole along with Mr. Southwick.

I know you probably didn't realize that I would see your original post about me so a lot of what you stated in that first post was exaggerated and some of it was completely untrue. If you're going to accuse someone of the things you were accusing me of, you ought to at the very least stick to the facts.

Quote from original post------"When it got to a stage where I asked whether they had been paid the insurance pay out they claimed that it had been denied months ago and they just never told me or even apologised for not telling me. I asked them for proof that the claim had been denied but they would not give it to me."

~ Both you and I have posted the email in which I offered to send you the USPS Claim denial form I received. My offer still stands as I saved all correspondence from that transaction.

"So now it has been over a year since I purchased the damaged guitar and I have not seen any reimbursement as promised, I still have my last email unanswered, have been called names, talked down on and lied to."

~This comment you made in your first post couldn't be farther from the truth. Since all of our email correspondence has been posted, it is blatantly obvious that this comment you made isn't true. I have kept my correspondence with you professional and have no use for name calling or talking down to you and I most certainly didn't lie to you. Had you just sent proof of damage, you would have been refunded. Why you didn't take 5 minutes to send over proof, I don't know.

This transaction was a nightmare. I tried so hard to work with you. There's one aspect you fail to consider. I have now posted 3 separate times the emails in which I requested that you send over proof of damage. When I didn't get proof as requested, I was unable to issue you a refund.

I sincerely apologize that this situation got so out of hand. However, you have a responsibility in this as well. The last thing that I want is for you to feel like you were at a loss with the guitar and for that I am truly sorry.

You should have sent over the photos/ repair bill as requested and you would have received your refund.

My wife attempted to get the insurance claim approved for you twice. Once we saw what you had been posting here on the forum, coupled with you not providing proof of the damage, I decided to take over our communication. Please try to see it from our perspective, it only takes a minute to send pictures and you have proven in this thread that you are extremely capable to do so. You failed to provide the proof that was required to get your refund. ANYTHING would have worked, your repair bill, photos of the damage, SOMETHING but you sent me nothing.

Once again, had you provided that proof, I would have refunded you. I don't care about the money. My goal was to make sure you were made whole, but all I required was some proof of damage. Very easy to do. I wasn't just saying you were lieing- I merely pointed out untruths that you said because they were statements that were completely false and meant to damage my reputation. This is not subjective, it's facts. You cannot go around bashing someone and telling lies and expect to not be confronted about it. The last thing I wanted is to have you be unhappy, but you can't have it both ways. You didn't provide ANY proof of damage. Out of hundreds of guitars, I have had only a few damage claims. I've never had to deal with this type of situation because every other time someone has received their guitar damaged, they sent photos/ repair bill and were promptly refunded.

You have made statements that were untrue and I would appreciate you clearing that matter up as well. Since it's all out there, there's really no reason for you to deny the fact that:

1. I did offer proof of the claim denial (see your own post of that email)

2. I did in fact offer a reasonable resolution to the shipping damage issue, however you never sent over any photos/ repair bills

----
From: livewireguitars
To: rcsierra13
Sent Date: May-11-12 04:34:20 PDT

Dear rcsierra13,

I tried to file a claim but was denied due to the nature of the damage not meeting the amount of the claim. I would be glad to help. What would you like? A new tone pot and the tools to replace it? Wasn't that the problem? I would be glad to help you, tell me what you would like for me to do.

- livewireguitars

AND here where I specifically requested that you send over proof of damage/ repair bill-

From: livewireguitars
To: rcsierra13
Sent Date: Aug-14-12 07:39:36 PDT

Dear rcsierra13,

I don't know why you're threatening me. I did everything I could to help you. The claim was denied twice due to insufficient visible damage. I have no way of knowing for certain exactly what is wrong with the guitar and you have made no effort to prove to me that there was damage. I saw you bragging about the guitar on the forums with no mention of any damage. Why you think threats will get you anywhere I have no idea. You have made no attempt to prove damage. Why don't we start there.

- livewireguitars

Out of hundreds of guitars it is inevitable that I will not be able to make everyone happy. In this case, I tried my best, but without proof of damage, I could not in good faith refund Mr. Southwick. I have explained my recollection of events as well emails to back them up.

Thanks to all of you guys who sent encouraging messages to me today, I'm very happy to know that most of you can see what really happened here.

My offer still stands Mr. Southwick- If you want to send me over a copy of that repair bill, I will compensate you. Surely you still have it? That's all I asked for all along..........

Joined
Jan 6, 2015
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, TX
Lamewire guitars straight up will steal your money and guitars. I've been waiting two years and he always has a excuse like his father passed and he has sand in his ...... and has to take a year off.

oracles

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
2,411
Reaction score
2,250
Location
Vancouver
16 posts, and you came here in January? Hmmm. Obviously credible.

You're right to be skeptical, but check their thread over in the dealers section. This guy, myself, and several others are all having the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
')