Lo-Pro 7 Saddle height

• Thread starter Se7en
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Se7en

Future Breed Machine
Reaction score
Hi, I've recently been experimenting and fiddling around with my action and string gauges to get it perfect. I'm currrently using 9gauges with the low e a 44 and the low b a 58 and i;ve decided its the best combination for me. I've also set the action up perfectly for me exept for the low B, which has way too much fret buzz. I was wondering if theres any way of raising the height of 1 string (namely the low B) on a Lopro 7.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jtm45

Reaction score
You can put shims under the individual saddles if you just want to alter a particular strings height.
The best thing to use for these shims is thin metal. The popular thing a lot of folks use is the aluminium they make drinks cans from.
Just cut them to the same shape as the saddles and put as many (or as few:))as you need and tighten the saddle back down on top.

Se7en

Future Breed Machine
Reaction score
Oh great cheers for that!

Theres certainly no shortage of aluminium cans in my flat :drew:

Ryan

Reaction score
Wheres the buzzing coming from? Frets 1-10 or 12-24? It might be your neck that needs adjusting not the trem ;D

Se7en

Future Breed Machine
Reaction score
True, but i'd rather try to fix the problem without touching the truss rod. If i'm still getting problems then i'll take it to a tech

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I have some things like that when my guitar it's not conected thru the amp, but when it's conected that buzz dessapear.

Put a little piece of metal under that saddle, but a solid metal piece.

')