Lo-Pro Alignment slightly off help.

mikolo

Reaction score
Last owner had a weird spring setup on the trem causing it to lean towards the bass side... Can I move the knife edges at all or will they need to be filed down? This is causing a very slight off string alignment. Pics:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
It looks like you have room to shift the whole bridge to the right a little if that's what you mean.

mikolo

Reaction score
It looks like you have room to shift the whole bridge to the right a little if that's what you mean.

Yup... But it seems every time I pull the bridge and correct it moves back to where the curve is on the knife edge. I read on ibanez rules I would have to pull out the curved edge. Not sure if its even worth it.. String alignment is so so slightly off. I wonder if sharpening it will help?

tedtan

Reaction score
If the knife edge has an indentation in it, it needs to be filed. It should be straight across. Note that when filing the knife edge, you don't want it "sharp" per se, but a bit rounded so that it will rock back and forth smoothly. Also, if the knife edges are that worn, you should check the posts to see if they are worn as well, and, if so, consider getting replacements.

Ibanezrules.com provides a tutorial on filing the knife edge and should have any parts you need (I've bought from them a few times with great results).