Lo-TRS problems

• Thread starter Lozek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so it appears that my Lo-TRS is officially made out of metal with the tensile strength of butter. So far I've managed to shatter a string block and strip the threads of one of the saddles.

Can anyone recommend me the best place to get an OFR from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a Lo-TRS7 that came standard on the S7420. Thing is, I need to get the locking nuts milled down, so I don't even use the trem currently. I like to run really high tension (12-56 with a 70 bottom), and I'm pretty heavy on the right hand, that's probably got something to do with it. Mainly though, I think the Lo-TRS is just made out of really weak materials.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Well, mine is bomb proof, and I've done some pretty horriffic things with it, but I never use it for normal wobbles and flutters, etc. :lol:

Go for an OFR if you can afford it. :shrug:

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mean to resurrect the thread, but this just happened to the new S7420 I got as well. I was tighening the saddle bolt down for the 4th/D string and the block cracked in two. Did you ever find a place that sells replacement saddles, or get an OFR? My concern about getting an OFR is that I tried getting a replacement LO-TRS bridge for my old S7420 but it must have come off an RG7420 series cause the block was too long and I couldn't screw the back plate on cause the block stuck out past the cavity. So I'm afraid the block on the OFR would probably be too long as well. :(

Open Wounds

Reaction score
i have an s7420. i have a tremol-no. fuck tremolo systems their just a pain. get a tremol-no and then if you want a decent trill install a bigsby. that would look B.A.:lol:

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
i have an s7420. i have a tremol-no. fuck tremolo systems their just a pain. get a tremol-no and then if you want a decent trill install a bigsby. that would look B.A.:lol:
Ummm...:scratch: I don't think you understand what I'm saying. The saddle block on my D-string broke in two. I have no D-string, which kinda makes the guitar useless. Believe me I hate trems too, I was planning on blocking it myself! :lol: Fixed bridge or not, having no D-string to use ruins everything.

Open Wounds

Reaction score
oh, how the hell did you do that? :lol:
well you can fill the trill cavity with some wood, finish the guitar to match the body and then install a bigsby. go to projectguitar.com

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
oh, how the hell did you do that? :lol:
well you can fill the trill cavity with some wood, finish the guitar to match the body and then install a bigsby. go to projectguitar.com
Umm...again, as I stated in my above post, I was tightening down the bolt for the saddle. Just like the guy that started this thread, same problem. I have no desire to install a Bigsby, considering they dont even make a 7-string version, much less that I just want a fixed bridge guitar.

[/offtopic]

Open Wounds

Reaction score
[offtopic]

good point. they should make a 7 string version. bigsby's are sick though. and it only requires some drilling and a couple minutes patience! but yeah im sure warmoth has something that you could get. they have some pretty sick parts there. do you know you could build an entire guitar from scratch there?

')