Local Bands - Post up who you think deserves some attention!

• Thread starter Bandersnatch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haven't found a thread on this yet, but I figured I'll just start one.

The point is to post up some local bands that you think aren't getting enough attention, or deserve even more attention.

Don't be a turd and use this thread to promote your own band's music. This is about helping others, not yourself.

Post a video or link to their music/myspace/youtube/facebook and if you want to, post a little about how you came across them.

My vote goes to some guys from Orangeville, ON - Borealis

Found out about them through the bassist's (now) fiancee who is friends with my sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79UW4eCs5g

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
These are all good friends of mine and amazing musicians.

Ruines Ov Abaddon (Black Metal from San Diego, Ca)

Under The Stone (Progressive Thrash Metal from San Diego, Ca)

Ana Kefr (Progressive Symphonic Black/Death Metal from Los Angeles)

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Haddonfield | Facebook

These guys are somewhat generic, chugga-chugga deathcore, but they do it amazingly, and when they aren't busy chugging away on the open low A, they have some seriously sick riffs going on.

Kings | Facebook

These guys are amazing. They're melodic hardcore, in the vein of The Ghost Inside or For The Fallen Dreams, but honestly, I'm going to make a bold statement here, but I think they're better than both of those bands, both of whom I love. Their EP isn't out yet like Haddonfield's, but I've heard the entire thing, post-mixing, pre-mastering, and it sounds fucking great. They have two demos on Soundcloud.

My Beautiful Mistake | Facebook

These guys are pretty damn good too, especially since they're all 15 and 16. They're somewhat generic, think old Chelsea Grin, but goddamn if they don't do it well.

The Remnant Within | Facebook

This is actually my old band, who I used to play bass in. The vocalist is a good buddy of mine, and a cool dude. I can't really say the same for everyone else, since the rest of the band actively ostracized me before I left. They're really generic, essentially August Burns Red type metalcore, but they're not too bad.

Reaction score
Check out doppelganger by these guys
18.gif

shaunduane

Reaction score
Aegaeon, ridiculously awesome band.

Edoras. Can't really find a full song but these dudes rule.

Occasionally a fun band will pop up around here. :yesway:

sandeer101

Reaction score
Under The Stone (Progressive Thrash Metal from San Diego, Ca)

HA! Drummer wearing a Textures shirt. They're local to me :) I'm acquaintanced with the Stef Broks. Nice guy.

i'd say this:

So Called Celeste

All Heads Rise

Gomer Pyle

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Blood Label, death-y metal? The long haired guitarist is a friend of mine, and at 4:26 in the video my old drummer appears wearing a striped shirt (yes, she's a girl).

The Burning, a fairly huge danish groove metal band. My guitarist friend from Blood Label plays guitar for this band as well. They are really cool, super nice guys and always delivers a good show. I've seen them live quite a few times, and also own a couple of their CD's.

Invisius, a cool band who writes catchy melodies.

Aphyxion, deathmetal. Not really local, but still an unknown danish artist. They've done a fair amount of touring in russia lately. The concert on Wacken was their first major gig outside of Denmark. They got to Wacken by winning a contest called Wacken Open Air Metal Battle. I attended the finals and saw them when they won. Quite cool actually! :)

')