Local Bands - Post up who you think deserves some attention!

• Thread starter Bandersnatch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

heilarkyguitar

Brown note
Reaction score
373735_213228945382760_1431241463_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/heilarky#!/thedreadcorsairofficial

181499_192651077431984_5272216_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/toharm/photos#!/toharm
261850_155332297870674_110304279040143_329842_8163981_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/heilarky/favorites#!/iconandanchor
check out these bands.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Went to school with one of the guitarists. They write some pretty brutal stuff:

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Haddonfield | Facebook

These guys are somewhat generic, chugga-chugga deathcore, but they do it amazingly, and when they aren't busy chugging away on the open low A, they have some seriously sick riffs going on.

I seen this guys in my home town of Quincy, IL. They are a fun band live especially at a small venue.
SHIT son! I've known their drummer all my life, and used to be in a band with their new guitarist haha. Super chill guys.
Anyhow, I'm from Moline, so if you play and wanna set up a show sometime, hit me up, dude!

Hybrid_Child

Reaction score
Critical Mass. Progressive Hard Rock from my town. I was in a band with the singer for a short time some years ago. Pretty solid material and and a band that doesn't get the deserved attention imo.

Dark Deception - Critical Mass - YouTube

VOLA. Not exactly local, but another band I feel deserve a lot more attention. I bought a guitar from the frontman some years ago. A cool mix of genres, and again rock solid stuff.

VOLA - Controllable - YouTube

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
Northern Italy's scene is still very underground but there are some amazing bands:

in-pursuit

Reaction score
Brazen Bull - Brisbane spastic/grindy thing. they got a new vocalist though and I can't listen to them anymore.

Portal - another Brisbane based gem, death/avant garde metal. I've noticed they get a bit of respect around the place but they definitely deserve more exposure. no conversation about avant garde metal is complete without their mention.

Stargazer - based in South Australia somewhere I think, kind of old school deathy thrash metal with some progressive elements. no wank, very well thought out songwriting and some awesome fretless bass action.

Mournful Congregation - funeral doom from Adelaide, their album The June Frost is just amazing.

Arcane - prog rock/metal from Brisbane in the vein of Dream Theater etc, very talented band. Love the vocals and some very well written songs.

Sleepmakeswaves - post rock goodness, just listen to it.

Serious Beak - it's serious. Bird themed math rock stuff, instrumental and very good

Thy Art is Murder - from Sydney I think, Marshy posts on here. they're sick and shredalicious.

I've probably missed a heap of cool stuff, but that's good for a start.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
We have a female guitarist here in Wisconsin that makes ridiculously amazing solo instrumental music, similar to Animals As Leaders sorta. She also have a FUCKING CRAZYYYYY custom guitar. Oh, and yes, it's an 8 string. All of Sevenstring is suddenly in love.

Sarah Longfield

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
I have a few.
okay first one is from some guys some are still in high school and some graduated last week they are pop punk/ alternative.
The First Impression - Killer Heart (Song on iTunes!) - YouTube
and this one the singer/guitarist died two years ago from a brain tumor but he was a awesome guitarist and cool guy. It's kinda 80's rock
WE'Z HOGGEN ORIGINAL ANGEL'S IN PARADISE.mpg - YouTube
and the last this guy is more known in europe(he has a Wikipedia page) and has tour a bit, his wife was the receptionist at my old dentist and she is a good looking lady, and he is a cool dude too. This is mellow electronic

and the wikipedia.
Deepchord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If the links don't work I quite trying becasue it took me 40 minutes to make this post.

p.s. I hate words that being with q like quite quit quiet etc I can't tell the difference.

')