Locking trem studs for Edge Pro

• Thread starter angusyoungwanabe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
ok so im lookin at the RG1527, but how bad is tuning stability w/o the locking studs? cuz with my budget, i may not even be able to swap the pickups out. so should i look into a totaly different guitar (and if so, which) or do i not worry about it? i'd say i use the trem moderately. thanks for the help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
I think a lot of people make the locking studs a bigger deal than they really are. I dont have any tuning stability problems with my non locked guitars. If i were you, id put $$ into new pickups first.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Pickus dude. I have 2 1527's one with the locking stud mod and one without. I have had both guitars for a few years now and one is just as solid as the other. The lock mod isn't a bad idea, but it isn't something that just has to be done. Rich Harris from Ibanez rules use to do this mod as part of an upgrade pack. Like I said though, I have not had any issues with mine. Get the pickups.

~A

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i just bought locking posts and set screws from ace hardware for a couple of bucks and did that. its not 'necessary' but apparently it helps prevent the trem posts from ovaling out over time, which is worthwhile, IMO.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I think a lot of people make the locking studs a bigger deal than they really are. I dont have any tuning stability problems with my non locked guitars. If i were you, id put $$ into new pickups first.
+1

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
ok cuz i'd like to get the locking studs and new pickups, maybe i can haggle with the guys the GC, since im getting the RG for like 550-650.:hbang: :metal:

')